Status: Gooby pls. comment

My Bulletproof Heart, Your Hollow Point Smile

So Many Days Fly By

Weeks flew buy as we got closer to December. My birthday passed by, I spent half of the day in school, the other half at home eating bags of candy with Ashley, who brought them as a 'birthday present'. We spent the night watching horror movies and comedies. Mikey called that day, apologizing that he couldn't be here, saying he had to spend it at home giving out candy to the trick or treat-ers. He wished me a Happy Birthday and said hi to Ashley.

Ashley and I have been spending more time recently. She would wait for me after school, either to talk to teachers, return a book, or for conditioning. She would usually sit by the bleachers reading books or listen to music while she watched us work out. I would smile and wave at her at times, but kept getting glares from Gerard telling me to focus. I would roll my eyes and continue on my tracks. After we would leave school we would hang out at my house. My dad seemed to like Ashley very much; he would tease me about her, give me knowing smiles and sometimes chuckle at my confusion. Of course being me I just brush him off. We'd hung out in my room or in the backyard throwing back and forth a football. In the mornings we would meet up at school in a certain spot and sit on the benches. Today was no different.

"Hiya. Doughnut?"

I look up and see Ashely standing in front of me holding out a bag of Winchell's. She has a doughnut on her other hand, half bitten. Her fingers are covered in glaze. She's chewing as she's waiting for me to reply. I nod halfheartedly, reaching out for the bag. I hold onto it and shove my other hand to grab a doughnut. I feel the glaze on my finger tips as I bring out my hand. I hand back the bag.

"Thanks,"

"No problem. So… wassup?"

"Just sitting here watching people pass by y'know, and waiting for you,"

"How nice," she smiled.

"I try my best,"

"Let's walk around?"

"Sure."

I get up and walk behind Ashley who had already been turning the other way to walk around school. We always seem to come early to school and walk around. There a few kids who wonder around school in the morning too. We talked about twenty minutes and finished my second doughnut, until we realized that the school was getting more crowded and we had to get out of the way from the ones who just stood in the middle of the black top.

"Sorry," Ashley apologized to the person she bumped into.

"Sheesh Ashley watch where you’re walking," I said.

"Excuse you Frankie," she rolled her eyes. I smirked. The bell rings.

"Well hey I'ma go to my first period, see you in 6th."

"Kay bye." she smiled.

I smiled back and walked towards my first class. I push through the people crowding the halls, mostly all talking with their friends. I make it past the door. I find Mikey sitting in his seat near mine.

"Hey," I say.

"Sup, how's it going?"

"It's going alright, yeah... And you?"

"Just y'know, being a loner at school,"

"Awe you know you could've come and hung out with Ashley and me?"

"I know but I don't want to be a third wheel and all that stuff, y'know?"

I stared at him. I shake my head and ruffled his hair. He swats my hands away.

"Watch the hair Iero, don't want you messing it up,"

"For your information Way, I was the one who gave you that hair cut so you better shush yo mouth,"

"Yeah well... It's my hair..."

I chuckled. He glared at me. I ruffle his hair one last time and rushed to my seat. He looks over and glared at me once more. The bell rings and the teacher warns the late kids to hurry on to their seats because they didn't have much time. The teacher began the lesson after going over work from yesterday. The class goes by fast, the teacher was keeping us busying with reading and work from the booklet she handed out. The bells ring and I walk out of class. I walk down the hall; I'm being shoved by some that are in a hurry. I make it early. I wait outside the class, watching the kids passing by. I take my usual seat. The bell rings once more and the kids are all in their seats. A few minutes into the lesson a group of students enter the class without knocking on the door. They walk directly to the teacher where one of them whispers into his ear. He nods and steps aside.

"If I could have your attention please,"

The class goes silent, everyone directs their gaze to the girl in front of the board. She smiles and looks down at the paper a bit before looking back up.

"We are here on behalf of the yearbook committee and we've come to ask some of you guys questions on school and maybe any quotes you guys want to share or give as your last year of high school. And we'd like to take pictures of you for the yearbook. So if any of you would like to it'll only take a few minutes and we'll ask them outside the class. Of course if no one gets up we'll pick you out at random."

I see mostly everyone avert their eyes when she finishes talking. A few girls and guys stand up and follow the other people that where with her. There cameras hanging around their necks and their notebooks in hand. Her eyes widen.

"That's it? None of you want to come out on the yearbook? Well of course there’s your I.D. picture but don't you wanna come out again? Okay fine I'm picking... You…you…you… You with the green hair, you in the back, you with the pink, and you."

Of course. I sigh. I put my things into my bag and get up. I walk down to the front of the room and out the door. I lay against the wall. A girl with a camera in her hand and a notebook in the other walks over to me. She smiles.

"Hey I'm Stephanie, I'm going to be asking you just two questions alright and then if you want you could give us a quote to put on the yearbook along with your picture. Sounds good?"

"Sounds fine,"

"Alright, do you have pride in your school? If so, why?"

"Yes I have pride in my school because even though it has its ups and downs it still manages to strive,"

"Nice. Okay, what do you see yourself doing in the next few years?"

"Um, probably join a university or something like that,"

"Awesome, now, any quote you would like to share?"

"Uh... Is there any way I could give you the quote some other day or week?"

"Of course, you have until January 10th to turn it in."

I pondered over the information. About 2 and a half months. That'll work. I smile and nod my head.

"Alright now if you would stand up straight and look at the camera,"

She pointed at the lens. I stood up straighter and smiled.

"Wait; can I pose however I want?"

"All up to you."

"Sweet."

I grin and raise my thumps.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Frank, can you come over to my place today?"

I shut my locker and look at Mikey. His hair seemed to be getting longer. I need to remind him that I need to shave it again.

"Yeah I'll just text Ashley I won't be able to hang with her today,"

"Alright, cool,"

I smile and take out my phone from my pocket. I message Ashley. In a minute or so she replies back an 'okay have fun'.

"Alright well let's go," I move a few steps.

"Oh is it alright that Gerard's giving us a ride?"

I stop dead on my tracks. My eyebrows furrow. Gerard. It's been a while since I've thought of him. Of course I still see him during conditioning and classes. Its no big deal. I guess I'll be okay, it's just a ride. Why couldn't I take my own advice weeks ago? I shake my head, getting rid of the thoughts.

"Yeah it's alright,"

"Great, come on he's in the teachers parking."

We walk across campus and onto the teacher's parking. We walk around a few minutes before we find Gerard's car parked. Mikey sighs and taps the hood of the car. I see Gerard through the window, he looks up from his lap. Mikey and I get in the back seats.

"Hey guys."

Mikey says hi while I muttered a hello. Gerard drove out of the parking lot. The rest of the ride to Mikey's was awkward. Well, for me. I didn't get all heart racing and hands sweating, which is strange to say the least. I usually go through all that when I have crushes on people. But Gerard, he's a bit different. Is this normal? Ugh.

I stair out the window, watching the buildings fly by us. I squint my eyes when we pass short buildings, the light seeping through the roofs. It's just like the first car ride all over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
[Edit:]sorry if you guys get a second notice on this story being updated, I had an open tab with the same chapter and accidentally pressed submit.

Sorry I took forever I had writers block at first. Hopefully this one seems longer. My apologies if there are any errors. Anyways I've been wanting to mention this since like last year but it kept slipping my mind; how many of you guys have read The Hunger Games? I know I have, and this is my second time reading them over again. I just really love this book.

Anyways let me know what you think is going to happen next or your criticism on this chapter. It's always welcomed.

Hopefully, cross your fingers, I update before the end of Febuary.

Oh and thanks to all of my readers and subscribers and most importantly commenters. My story would be nothing without you guys(: