Vampires Don't Kill For The Money

Sonics' A Classic!

"But what if I don't mind you crushing me to pieces?" I played with the zipper to my hoodie while listening to him laugh to himself again. At least he was out of the whole "freak-out mode," and back to laughing at me.

"Well it's your fault that you chose to be a delicate Pansy. Why not be a rock or something tougher to brake?"

"That's just it...I'm more breakable then a rock...or something as strong as that..."
"Well it's okay, I like you and all your weakness."He smiled as he grabbed my hand.

"Weak huh?" I pulled my hand away and crossed my arms in mock offense. "Well maybe now I'm gonna be a porcupine. Now you won't be able to take what isn't yours." I smiled as I waved my hand in front of his face. He followed it with his eyes as if he was a child and I an adult, dangling a piece of candy above him.
"Well maybe I'm a hedgehog, and I don’t mind porcupines 'cause I'm pokey too. Plus this way I'm fast." He snatched my hand yet again and laced our fingers quicker then I could pull away.

Not that I wanted to pull away or anything. Sure he wasbasically okay totally a complete stranger, but seriously what would you do? If this gorgeous guy suddenly popped up, took your hand, and swore he'd never leave your side, you would definitely run screaming in the opposite direction right?

Yeah, me neither.

"Woah slow down Sonic." I laughed once again at the dorky grin he had plastered across his face. "What?"
"You got my Sonic the Hedgehog reference."
"Duh who wouldn't get that? Sonics' a classic. Everyone knows him."
"Yeah,"His grin widened again (if that were even possible) as we continued walking. "But I don't care about everyone, I care about you."

He looked over at me, but I couldn’t face him. I tore my hand away and just shook my head.

"This is ridiculous. You don't even know me. I don’t even know the first thing about you. How can you possibly care about someone you just met? I have problems caring about people I've known my whole life. It's not possible to see someone once, and know you care about them." I walked a bit faster ahead of him.
"Why not?" His voice made me jump. How does he catch up so fast?

"What?"
"Why isn't it possible?"
"Well..." I guess I didn’t think my argument through. "Because feelings and people don’t work that way."
"Well I like to keep and open mind and I believe that anything is possible."
"Really?" I asked. He had turned his head forward in the direction we were walking.
"Yeh, why not? I mean, if we believe certain things are possible and certain things aren't, how can we tell which is which? Who's the one deciding it's possible for dolphins to communicate through a series of clicks, but a dolphin couldn't possibly "talk"? Who said that a Komodo Dragon is a living descendent of dinosaurs, but there's no such thing as the Loch Ness Monster?"
"Ha ha Nessie. Uh sorry...continue."

He smiled and shook his head, but continued anyway. "Look I'm not trying to lecture you, all I'm saying is you gotta keep an open mind. And, if all else fails, just trust and believe." With this he stopped and faced me.
"I don't think you noticed but we're at you street now and I'm pretty sure you should be getting home. It's getting late."
"Yeah well my house is at the end of the court so we still have some time."

Yeah I know, what the hell was I thinking? Don't talk to strangers, and definitely don't bring them to you house, and all that jazz. But who could deny that goofy grin? Or those beautiful green eyes...

Plus, since when did I start listening to my parents?