Vampires Don't Kill For The Money

Don't you remember?

Finally, I somehow found my voice, and cleared my head enough to make a sentence...

"You." So it was a short sentence, but a sentence none the less.

"Yes; me." He waved his hand as if to say 'go on.'

"Um..." I shook my head to hopefully get the blood, as well as the thoughts, flowing back through my head. "Um...What are you doing here?" I scratched my head with my left hand and tightened my jacket with my right.

"Well that's a good place to star. But I have to warn you that it's kinda a long story." He moved forward and stood face-to-face with me. In the light I could see all of his features more clearly.

His black messy hair actually had a bluish tint to it. He had dark jeans on, and Jet-Black Converse. He also wore a black hoodie over a black and purple striped shirt. The purple on his shirt matched the equally vibrant violet color of the tips of my hair.

(Funny, I guess I never thought much about it at the time...)

I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't actually have anywhere to be except my vacant house...but I couldn't just take off to god-knows-where with this guy I didn't even know the last name of.

"Well...I kind of have to be home. I uh...have a lot of work to do...at home...at my house..." I turned and started to walk towards my house once again. Funny, now I was able to turn and walk away, but it was seemingly impossible earlier.

"Wait!" I heard him say before I felt a cold hand wrap around my wrist and hold me back. I spun around to face him, but he wasn’t there. I stood in silence for a few seconds before shaking my head and turning around to continue forward.

"You and I both know that you have nothing else to do on this dark and silent Sunday night."

He was standing right in front of me suddenly, blocking my path home. He was studying my face again with his rather piercing eyes. I knew there was no way around it (or him for that matter) now...but I continued to try anyways.

"How do you know I don't have something to do? You don't even know me. I don't even know you. Just move so I can get home to my family." I attempted to walk around him, only to feel that cool touch on my skin once again. But this time it was just below my wrist. I looked down to see his fingers laced with mine.

"But I do know you. We've met before. Don't you remember?" I turned to look at his face again, but immediately dropped my head when I caught his eye.

I did remember...