Status: Completed

Hello

chapter one

I made my way down the gravel path, crunching down on the stones with my flip flops before stopping abruptly. I frowned and looked down at my campus map before looking up and swiveling my head back and forth, trying to figure out where I was.

I had just moved to Pittsburgh from Ontario, transferring universities in the process so that I could get my masters in fine art. It's not that Pittsburgh had any special programs, I just wanted to go somewhere new. Pittsburgh had always been appealing to me.

I attempted to move my textbooks from my right arm to my left so that I could open the map completely. I placed my cell phone in my mouth and shook the overly large, thin paper, trying to open it with my one free hand. The shaking movement made my entire body move, causing my cell phone to slip out of my mouth. I panicked as I felt it slide past my teeth, instinctively letting everything in my hands go and grabbing my phone before it could hit the ground. I let out a triumphant grunt as I felt the phone securely in my grasp. Then I realized my textbooks, papers and map were strewn across the ground, and the triumphant grunt turned into a groan. The papers I had tried so hard to organize this morning were now in complete disarray.

I sighed and placed my cell phone in my pocket, muttering to myself that the pocket had been there all along. Easy solution as to where to put my phone. I scoffed. My mouth instead of my pocket? Why was it that I always did the dumb thing instead of the obvious?

I bent down and started to gather some of the papers. I had only managed to grab a few when someone knelt down in front of me and handed me a few sheets of white, along with a textbook.

"Thanks," I mumbled, embarrassed that this was happening. And then I looked up and froze. Kneeling in front of me, trying to hide his amused expression, was a hot guy.

Just my luck.

"Are you okay? I, uh..." he grinned. "I saw what happened."

I felt my cheeks grow hot and grabbed the remaining papers before standing up and brushing the dirt off my knees.

"I'm okay. Thanks again."

I finally managed to look him in the eye, squinting my eyes as I did so. Did I know him from somewhere?

The guy smiled and extended his hand. I shook it with my free one, racking my brain.

"I'm Kris."

Letang. Number 58, of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Defenseman. Hot, French hockey player. Most likely with a killer body.

I winced and nodded. "Livia."

"Like Olivia?"

I shook my head. "Just Livia. No 'o'."

Kris smiled and placed his hands in his pockets.

"Kris, with a 'k'," he offered.

I couldn't help but smile. He seemed nice. I quickly scanned his appearance. Jeans, t-shirt, beanie, a bit of scruff on his jaw. He looked like a normal guy. The thought comforted me and I felt myself relax.

"Hi, Kris. Sorry we had to meet like this."

He laughed. "No worries. You new here?" He motioned to the buildings around us, causing me to realize that Kris Letang was at university. I furrowed my brow, searching my brain for the answer as to why he would want to be anywhere near here, and nodded in response to his question.

"Just moved from Ontario."

"Canada," he nodded in approval. "I'm from Quebec."

I smiled. "I've been once. I love it there."

Kris nodded, a proud grin appearing on his face. "Me too."

I laughed and looked at my feet. Kris cleared his throat before speaking again.

"I should go. It was nice meeting you."

I nodded, disappointed that he was leaving. I looked up into his chocolate brown eyes and he analyzed my face before asking, "Do you have a pencil?"

I nodded, confused, and handed him a pencil from my back pocket. He reached forward and tilted my textbook toward him slightly, scribbling something on a piece of paper before handing me back the pencil.

"Call me sometime, and I'll show you around."

I tried not to let the smile appear on my face that I knew was coming. He waved as he headed toward the nearest building, and I waved back. It was only when I had taken a few steps in the opposite direction when I realized I still had no clue as to why he had been on campus.

***
The door to my apartment opened, and I smiled as my new room mate, Ella, stepped into view, her hands full of textbooks. There were sets of apartments just off campus that had been opened for university students. I had met Ella a few days before when I had first arrived, a few days before classes actually started, and we had instantly clicked. She was a quirky, business student.

"Hey, Ella. Long day?" I stood up and held out my hands. She placed a textbook in them gratefully, before making her way to her bedroom. I followed her and placed the textbook on her bed before sitting down beside it. She ran her hands through her hair and let out a groan.

"Longest day ever."

I laughed and nodded in agreement. "I know the feeling."

Ella sat down next to me and blew her bangs out of her eyes. "Meet any new people?"

I chewed the inside of my lip and pretended to be thinking. "No one interesting," I lied. "You?"

She shrugged her shoulders and stood up again, heading into the kitchen. I followed her and watched as she grabbed an apple from the counter. "Just some people from my 11:30 marketing class. I like the two classes I've been to so far, though."

"Me, too. I love my classes, actually." I grinned and she smiled back, raising an eyebrow.

"Any cute guys in those classes, perhaps?"

I bit back a giggle. "No, none in those classes."
♠ ♠ ♠
:)

For Livia, who won my contest with this!

also, I'm going to be posting part one of my Tyler Bozak story tonight!

go to my profile for a full list of new things / things you should check out!

Can you guys tell me something? Do I post too many stories?