Status: Completed

Hello

chapter two

I sat in the small cafe on campus, sipping on my hot chocolate that I had purchased in between classes. I stared down at my phone, where I had entered the number. A million things ran through my mind.

He probably had a girlfriend, for starters, but that wasn't that big of a deal. I wasn't sure I was ready for a relationship right now. The last guy I had been with... I shudder at the thought.

He could have given me a false number. But that wouldn't make sense... he had offered his number to me, I hadn't asked. What would be the point? Unless he was so conceited that he just assumed I would want his number... and that was a whole other issue in itself.

I let out a loud sigh, smiling sheepishly at the people who turned to look at me with raised eyebrows. I looked back down at my phone and held my finger above the green 'call' button.

Do it.

I closed my eyes and pressed down on the button. I opened my eyes and let out a squeak as I realized the number was dialing. I brought the phone up to my ears and waited as the dial tone rang through. It had rung twice when I heard a deep voice flood through the phone.

"Allo?"

A relieved smile spread across my face. "Hey, Kris?"

"...Livia?"

I nodded, even though he couldn't see me. "Yep." I played with the top of my hot chocolate cup and chewed my bottom lip.

"How are you?"

"I'm doing good. You?"

"I'm good, good. I just got off practice." He paused, and I would have spoken, but he sounded like he was going to speak again. He cleared his throat and spoke up again. "Are you doing anything right now?"

I frowned and tucked my hair behind my ears. "I have a class in..." I pulled my phone away from my ears and glanced at the time. "10 minutes."

"Oh." He sounded disappointed. "When's your class over?"

"4:00."

"I don't have a game tonight. Do you feel like doing some sightseeing?"

***
"Thank you," I said for the fiftieth time, turning to Kris.

"You're welcome," he automatically repeated, giving me a grin and leaning on the railing. We were standing on a boardwalk that overlooked the river in Pittsburgh, and he had just bought us each a drink. It was only a water, but I still felt that I could have paid for myself. "Do you like Pittsburgh so far?"

I nodded, turning towards him and taking a sip of my water. I leaned my elbows against the railing and he stayed in his position, facing out towards the water. He tilted his head towards me and gave me another smile.

"So," I cleared my throat, "Why were you at the University, Mr. Hockey Player?"

Kris scratched his jaw. "I was meeting a friend for lunch." My face must have fallen, because he quickly added, "A guy that I know from back in Quebec."

I nodded and looked down at my feet. Why had the thought of Kris having a girlfriend disappointed me? I mentally hit myself.

You've known the guy for two days, and only had your first real conversation an hour ago. Chill, Liv.

Maybe it was his eyes. They were a really pretty brown. Or maybe it was the way his hair fell into his eyes... Or maybe it was his muscular arms that could clearly be seen, even through his light sweater. Or maybe it was that he seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say.

"I'm still embarrassed that we met like we did." I giggled and we started to walk.

Kris shrugged and placed his free hand in his pocket, taking a sip of his water. "I'm not gonna lie, I had seen you before you dropped everything."

I turned to him, surprised. "Yeah?" He nodded and I blushed.

"Your hair is kinda hard to miss, and you're pretty, so I mean..."

I blushed even harder and tried to hide behind said hair. It was a bright red, and it did kinda stand out. "Thank you."

"No problem."

***
Kris and I made our way back to my apartment building, where he had parked his car so we could walk. I turned to him as we reached the big black car, and gave him a smile.

"I had fun. Thanks for showing me somewhere close to campus I can escape to." I let out a light laugh and he smiled back.

"No problem."

We stared at one another in silence, and I shifted my feet awkwardly. "Well... I'll see you later." I turned to leave but was stopped by the sound of his voice.

"Will I see you again?"

A smile crept onto my face and I turned back to him. "You have my number."

Kris nodded, smiling and lifting his hand in goodbye. I waved and headed towards the doors, glancing over my shoulder quickly. I blushed as I saw Kris still leaning against his car, watching me. He waved and I waved back before heading into the building, a smile on my face and a good feeling on my shoulders that I couldn't shake.
♠ ♠ ♠
commmments are appreciated.... they make me want to do even better updates cause i know people are reading :)