Status: Completed

Hello

chapter four

I shivered as I stepped out of the warm comfort of my Modern Arts class and into the frigid October air. I pulled my scarf out of my bag and wrapped it around my neck, gladly welcoming the warm embrace it held. I headed towards the campus cafe, pulling out my phone and smiling as I saw that I had a new message.

1 New Text: Kris

I was going to ask you to go to lunch today, but I have practice this afternoon.

I frowned. He didn't usually have practice in the afternoons. I shrugged while typing out an answer. I guessed there had been a press conference or something this morning.

It's okay. Have a good game tonight!

My hands were beginning to freeze, but I knew I would probably get a text message back soon enough. I was more willing to let my hand freeze over and fall off then to miss a text message. As soon as my phone vibrated, I flipped it open.

You need to come to a game one time.

I smiled.

You forget that I'd be alone.

I'd put you in the box with the other girls.

Aren't those girls, like... special? ;)

Exactly. You belong there. I've got to go, au revoir.

I let out an involuntary giggle and bit back a grin. What was this guy doing to me?

I closed my phone and continued on my way to the cafe. I passed by some of the dorms and did a double take. I took a cautious step backwards and squinted my eyes. I inhaled a sharp breath and pursed my lips. I continued to stand there, not sure what to do as he walked towards one of the buildings. His dark hair was covered by a baseball cap today, and his head was down. I only saw the back of his head, but I knew it was him.

My mind raced. Should I say something? Or should I pretend I never saw him? He had said he had a friend here... But why would he feel like he needed to lie to me? Unless it was a girl and he felt guilty for some reason... Why did it matter? We weren't dating, he didn't have to tell me every time he was around... But he had told me he had practice. I sighed and tried to keep calm, but I was not okay with people lying to me. I had been lied to too many times before.

I was about to turn and walk away when he turned to face the door, causing him to be facing me slightly. His head swiveled towards me, and his eyes widened.

"Livia," he called.

I shook my head and turned to walk away. I knew it was dumb; I knew if he wanted to follow me that even if I ran, he'd catch up to me within seconds. But I did it anyway. And, just as expected, he caught up to me anyway.

When he touched my elbow, I yanked it away and continued to walk, but he was faster. He moved in front of me and when I tried to side step him, he gently grabbed my shoulders. When I glared up at him, he let me go, but with one glance into those apologetic, milk chocolate eyes, I wasn't going anywhere.

"I thought you had practice."

Kris sighed, pulling off his hat and shaking his hair before placing the hat back on his head. "It's... it's complicated."

I nodded dramatically. "It's always complicated. Tell me why it's so complicated that you had to lie?"

"It's just..."

"I thought we were friends. We've been hanging out for over a month now."

"We are, Livia. We are..." He closed his eyes and let out a heavy sigh. I crossed my arms and stared down at the ground. "I don't know if... if this means anything, but I promise it's not a girl that I'm seeing in there," he said gently.

My heart rate sped up a bit at the fact that he had felt the need to tell me that. I was going to play it off, like I didn't care, but I knew by saying what he had, he had made himself slightly vulnerable, and so I went in the other direction.

"How do I know you're not lying?" I asked in an even voice. That was good; I didn't burst into tears and creep him out, but he knew that I cared, even a little bit.

"Livia..." Kris' shoulders slumped. "I have no proof, or a way to make you believe me. I just hope you will, because I don't want this thing to be over before it's even really started."

This thing?

And there he went, making my heart rate speed up. What 'thing' did he mean? By the way he said that, it kind of sounded like he wasn't sure if this was headed towards more than friendship or not...

Livia. Shut up.

"I believe you."

Kris breathed a sigh of relief. "My friend... I... I can't explain it, Livia, or else I would. But-"

I placed my hand on his arm, causing him to glance up and meet my eyes. I squeezed his arm gently and said, "I told you I believe you. I trust you. When you want to explain, I'll be there to hear it."

Kris gave me a relieved smile that sent a swarm of butterflies flying around my stomach. I removed my hand from his arm. "I have to go, but..."

I smiled. "I'll text you later."

Kris nodded. We stared at one another for a moment, and I felt a blush heating up my cheeks. I started to move away from him when his arms wrapped around me, pulling me into his chest. I had never been this close to him before, and I wasn't going to deny that I liked it. He smelled amazing, and his arms held me so tight to him that I felt every muscle in his chest.

"Au bien tot," he whispered into my hair before letting me go.
♠ ♠ ♠
READ ME!

I wish my chapters were longer, but I felt like I owed you guys at least something.

Please continue checking my profile! I have lots of one shots and such on the go.

Steven Stamkos 3-5 shot (not sure how long it's going to be yet!)
Carey Price one shot
Jeff Tambellini one shot
Sam Gagner one shot
Blake Wheeler one shot
Tyler Bozak three shot
TJ Oshie story
Jordan Eberle story

Please subscribe, and comment! Honestly, I'm on the brink of taking a break cause nobody comments... Comments just let me know if what I'm doing is good or not. It takes two seconds out of your day! Please :)