‹ Prequel: The Prince
Status: COMPLETE; in process of rewriting

A Little Bit of Love and Laughter

"That's What Indescribable Means"

Things had been going pretty well over the past few days, apart from the incident with Fred. Neither of us had been bold enough to say even a word about it yet. I knew it would probably have been better to get it all off of my chest, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Besides, Roger and I were officially together now, and I didn't want to do anything that could jeopardize the steadiness of that relationship. Being known as "Roger's girlfriend" managed to get me quite a few dirty looks from jealous colleagues in the corridors. I loved it.

I could hear girls gossiping about me in the Great Hall. Hearing my name whispered excitedly, and sometimes even warped by resentment or dejection, gave me a fuzzy feeling that I had never experienced before. It was nice to be the talk of the school, even if only for a little bit.

Roger seemed to like it, too. He often paraded me around, to and from classes, like a trophy, like a prize he had won. The sounds of jealousy that could be heard through the corridors gave him a sense of pride and a slightly inflated ego... well, more inflated than usual.

We often cuddled in front of the fire in Ravenclaw tower, just enjoying each other's company. Sometimes, when the common room was empty, cuddling would turn into snogging. The feeling of his lips against my ear, my neck sent shivers down my spine; it was one of those indescribable feelings. Violet always got mad at me for not being able to explain it to her.

"That's what indescribable means," I always told her. "I don't know how to... No; there's no way to explain it."

The entire relationship was more or less indescribable. When Roger and I were together, it seemed like we were the only two people in the whole castle. He was incredibly sweet and had more than enough personality to fill up a room, and I felt comfortable with him. That was something he had always been quite good at, making girls feel comfortable around him. He was a real ladies' man.

So perhaps I shouldn't have been quite so surprised, in retrospect...
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I'm super-sorry that this one is so short. First day back to school, and I've still been a little sick. This chapter, though absurdly short, is necessary, believe it or not. New chapter up tomorrow night hopefully - and an interesting one, at that! Let me know what you think!
Comment/ Subscribe/ Recommend

xoxo,
Chrissie