‹ Prequel: The Prince
Status: COMPLETE; in process of rewriting

A Little Bit of Love and Laughter

"Feeling Better, Sleeping Beauty?"

A chill of wind awoke me the next morning and as I regained consciousness, I realized that I had fallen asleep outside in Fred's arms. My sudden stirring woke him up as well.

"Feeling better, Sleeping Beauty?" he asked as he let out a yawn.

I smiled facetiously and rubbed my puffy, red eyes. "Never been better."

"What are you going to do about Davies?"

"Davies who?"

He grinned again and helped me up. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Violet and George rushing out toward us.

"Found them!" George called. He made it seem like Fred and I had been lost in Forbidden Forest for ages. We had only been missing for one night, and we hadn't even left the grounds.

I was soon engulfed in Violet's bear hug. "Are you all right? I went out in the middle of the night looking for you, worried sick, but I saw you were safe with Fred and figured I'd just talk to you in the morning."

"What happened anyway?" George asked. "I only saw you run out of the Great Hall."

I took a deep breath and shot Fred a look that showed my disdain for translating this story. He rubbed my shoulder gently and pulled them aside to give them a brief telling of the previous night.

"What a prat!" Violet screeched. "How dare he?"

Fred quickly tried to quiet and calm her down so that hopefully I wouldn't have noticed. I saw the various emotions portrayed in his face as he continued the story. At certain points, he looked almost as if he was going to cry, and at other points, so mad he could've punched someone in the face just because. He sighed and nodded back over to me, and the two followed him as they all walked back over to where I was.

Violet couldn't help herself; she wrapped her arms tightly around me again and said, "I love you, Emmy. Really, I do. And I'm so sorry such terrible things happen to you. He's not worth it, though, and he certainly doesn't deserve you. I'm sure you'll find someone better."

"Thanks, Vi." I paused, taking a deep breath, trying to mentally prepare myself for seeing Roger's face in class later that day. "Now let's just go get some breakfast, please. I'm famished."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is another short chapter. :) But there's a really exciting chapter coming up tonight! :)
Let me know what you think.
- Comment/ Subscribe/ Recommend

xoxo,
Chrissie