‹ Prequel: The Prince
Status: COMPLETE; in process of rewriting

A Little Bit of Love and Laughter

"Vacancy For Two"

I could hear the rapid beats of my favourite Weird Sisters song erupting from the interior of the Great Hall and felt a light squeeze on my hand. Fred was humming from behind me quietly while adjusting his dress robes. My cheeks got hot, and I could tell that they were turning a shade of red that matched my gown as I looked him over. I crossed my fingers behind my back, hoping that he wouldn't catch me staring.

"Want to go back in?" he asked, finally looking up from his bowtie.

I shook my head and smiled. "I've got an even better idea."

I headed toward the double doors and outside.

"Where are we going?" he asked, still following me blindly.

"You'll see," I replied in the most seductive voice I could muster without giggling.

We stopped near the Herbology gardens, and my arms slid up around his neck. In my heels, I was tall enough to reach his lips with ease. He smiled into the repeated kisses and chuckled.

"What's this all about?"

I answered the question with another kiss, moving my fingers through his hair. His hands wandered down to my hips and pulled me closer to him. Kicking off my heels left me nearly twenty centimetres shorter than he, and my lips ran along his jawline. He shuddered slightly against the chills. Having seen it used as an effective technique in a muggle romantic comedy once, I tried to blow air gently against his neck, right above his collarbone.

His knees buckled, and he let slip a little groan.

"What's that, Fred?" I asked, looking up at him teasingly as I moved my hands to the front of his chest. I couldn't help but feel around for a place where I could feel his heartbeat.

"Mmm," he repeated.

"Huh?" I asked again, unbuttoning the top two buttons of his shirt. He smirked at me, winking and jokingly wiggling his eyebrows.

We heard snow crunching from a relative distance to our left and looked around in a state of somewhat controlled panic to see who it had been. When no figure could be found, Fred took my hand and pulled me back in the direction of the castle.

"Where—?"

He cut me off by turning to me and whispering, "I think that you-know-where has a vacancy for two..."

I was slightly taken aback by his seizing the lead. He kissed my forehead, and we walked back in the direction of the large, wooden doors.

I felt my body freeze to the point of near-paralysis as a voice behind me hissed coldly, "Just where do you think you're going?"
♠ ♠ ♠
GASP! Who is it? What's going to happen next? Guesses in the comments! ;)
How'd we like this chapter? Talk about romantic tension, right? ...WHOA! Haha.
(What do we think about the edits to the layout?)

I love all of the commenters and subscribers on this story, by the way. You guys are amazing, each and every one of you. <3

xoxo,
Chrissie