‹ Prequel: The Prince
Status: COMPLETE; in process of rewriting

A Little Bit of Love and Laughter

Finale

The next I knew, I was waking up in bed, and I wondered whether or not my meeting with Fred the night before had merely been a dream. It was certainly possible; likely, in fact. But, regardless, it had given me the closure that I so longed for earlier that night.

~*~

And as I walked down the dirt path from the Burrow, after being seen off by the Weasley clan, I became fully aware of the aching I felt. Fred was gone. Severus was gone. And I was still here. But both had gone down for a cause, for the greater good. Both had been noble and brave and loyal, which made the whole idea the least bit more bearable.

I imagined that it would take a substantial amount of time to move on from yet another tragedy. And when my future children asked about my first love or about my father, I would eventually be able to tell them all about Fred and Severus (who, though he had not been my real father, had served as more of a father-figure than my dad ever could). I would say that they had been brave and strong and everything that I wish for my children to become. And hopefully that would be good enough, living minute by minute, day by day, year by year, with a little bit of love and laughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, there you have it. It's finally the end. Oh, it's so bittersweet. I want to cry and smile at the same time, and I don't know which one to do first.
I want to hear EVERYONE'S final thoughts on this story (even you, silent readers!)
And thank you so much to everybody who has been subscribed and to those who have been continually reading and commenting. You guys are the greatest. <3
Before I go, I have a few things to say. First of all, I have a separate George Weasley fanfic started with kristyn_alysia, and I think you guys should check it out.
I'll also be coming out with a George Weasley one-shot of my own eventually (because I need to learn how to multitask better), and I am currently writing two different one-shots for an X-Men fanfic contest (if you nerds are also into that sort of thing) which will be up sometime before the 10th. Okay, I think I'm done whoring my work out now. :P

xoxo,
Chrissie