‹ Prequel: The Prince
Status: COMPLETE; in process of rewriting

A Little Bit of Love and Laughter

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Dear reader,

Have you ever written something and then looked back on it five years later and cringed?

Because I did.

Don't get me wrong, I love this story. I love the characters and the general plot. But there are definitely things about it that, looking back, feel wrong and out-of-character and melodramatic. This story deserves better than that.

So now, with another five years of writing experience under my belt, I'm calling a redo and giving this story a second chance. I don't know if you've moved on from the fandom (or from Mibba) five years later, but if you haven't, I'll gladly welcome you back.

I'll be keeping this older version of the story up and as-is, with this author's note as my final chapter.

The new-and-improved version of the story will be titled "Of Pranks & Princes," and it will be posted on Mibba and fanfiction.net (and maybe AO3 if I get around to it). The story will follow a similar plot, though certainly not exactly the same. I am making major changes, but the integrity of the story will still be there. Because of this, "The Prince" will no longer be a canon prequel to the new version (but maybe if I decide I hate having free time, I might edit and rewrite that as well).

I'm not sure yet how long the new version will be, though I'm pushing for closer to novel(la) length. I've got so many ideas this time around, and I trust that this new version will tell the story I want to tell -- in a more substantial, more in-character, and better-written way. And I hope you'll join me for this wild ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
xoxo,
CHRISSIE