Status: Check out my group "Indigo Child" on facebook.com. Rachael Barrezueta

Indigo Confessions

Discovering Myself

Around the time I entered fourth grade, I decided to find out more about the things I was experiencing. At the time I thought I was weird and going crazy like I'm sure most children would go through.
I began searching google for answers and soon found some. The words that described people with this gift were 'sensitives', 'psychics', 'mediums', and 'indigo children.' Using these words, I was able to pin point the abilities I had. At this point I was only a medium (ability to see spirits) and seeing auras (energies that eminate from people that sometimes show emotions or personatlities).
After fifth grade, I told my parents of my experiences and what I researched. It was then that my mom told me that these abilities were passed down through the generations of our family. My mom as well as my grandfather were psychics as well.
Excited by this news, I began exercising my abilities. Seeing my own aura and finding out what the meanins of the different colors (mine is indigo, usually seen in psychics).
Over time, my abilities increased. I have empathy (feel others emotions), mind-over-body (able to mentally satisfy the need for food, water, and sleep), precognition (able to see the future), psychometry (sense things in objects through touch), retro-cognition (seeing past lives), psychic vampirism (able to take energies from others), and astral projection (traveling to other places in spirit).
I found comfort in a book called "Ghost Huntress: The Awakening" by Marley Gibson. It gave me comfort to know that I wasn't the only one and that I could use my abilities to help others, whether they were dead or alive. I highly recomend this book for those still discovering their abilities and trying to understand it all.
I am now planning to apply for Penn State University and majoring in parapsychology when the time comes. I hope to become a psychologist and counsel children who have psychic abilities.