Status: I promise to come back to this asap. I just need to get the Daryl out of my system first.

Make Me Scream

Twelve

When Aislynn woke up the next day life was all puppies and kittens, and sunshine and rainbows. Ha! Just kidding. In reality, she woke up in a bed that was not her own, in a room that was not her own, and with an arm thrown around her waist that she did not recognize. Not to mention the pounding headache and the severe case of cottonmouth she was suffering from. "Mmmmpppppphhhhhg." She groaned, slinging her arm over her eyes to block the sunlight. Unfortunately for her, she flopped her arm a little too hard and ended up smashing herself in the face, eliciting another groan. Aislynn felt the body next to her shift and she lifted her arm just slightly so she could take a peek with one eye. She was surprised to find Pat Kane peering back at her, sort of like a mere cat.

"Good morning, Sunshine." He said, smirking at her. Aislynn groaned again, rolling over and burying her face in her pillow. She was trying to hide from the sunlight, and the apparently very bad decision she had made last night. There were reasons she didn't drink very much, and the fact that she tended to get a little loose in the opening her legs department was a big one. That and the fact that she tended to get some pretty wicked hangovers.

"We didn't........did we?" She asked him, kind of fearing the answer. She didn't even remember how she had gotten here. Had she driven here after she left Jon's? Oh fuck. That was the first thought that ran through her mind when she remembered what had happened at Jon's. Could she get any sluttier? Trying to hook up with her not-single friend, and when that didn't work out, she slept with his friend instead. Way to keep it classy, Clarke She thought to herself.

"As much as I would like to say we did, we didn't. If you'll care to notice, you still have your clothes on." He pouted a bit, but Aislynn felt a wave of relief wash over her. "And when I'm done ravishing a girl well, A, they don't spend the night often, and B, they sure as hell don't sleep with clothes on." He waggled his eyebrows at her a bit, causing her to smile.

The fact that she was still in her own clothes hadn't even occurred to her. Everything was still really foggy, she was trying to remember details from last night, but she knew she was never going to get them back, unless she asked Jon for specifics. Which was something she really didn't want to do. Hell, she wasn't even sure she was going to be able to face him ever again after last night's little fiasco. "Then......why am I in your bed and not my own? Or on a couch? Or.....I don't know, passed out in a gutter somewhere?"

"You really don't remember last night do you?" He laughed at her, causing her head to pound a little more. "Well I was all snug in my bed when I got a call from you saying you were drunk, and a cop had pulled you over and he was going to let you go but you needed someone to come pick you up. And me, being the perfect and amazing human being that I am, selflessly volunteered to get out of my bed and drive all the way out to where you were and pick your drunk ass up and bring you back here."

"Oh fuck." Aislynn said, any color that was in her face had completely drained out. "He didn't make a report, did he?"

"I don't think so." Pat frowned. "Don't worry, I don't think psycho mom will find out unless you tell her. Which I would advise you not to do."

"Gee, thanks for telling me that. I was planning on gallivanting off to her apartment and busting in and being all 'bitch I done fuuuuuuucked up and got a DUI'" Aislynn said, her voice was loaded with sarcasm.

"It's okay, you don't have to thank me for the advice. Or for, you know, picking you up. It's no big deal. I do these things selflessly. Though I would accept a wordless thank you." He winked at her "If you know what I mean."

Aislynn laughed and then winced again. "Thanks but no thanks." She rubbed at her eyes. "Could you do me a favor and turn off that sparkling wit of yours for a bit? Everytime I laugh it feels like you're jabbing five ice picks into my brain."

"Deal, but, only if you agree to go get some breakfast with me before we go get your car." Just then Aislynn's stomach growled loudly. She couldn't exactly insist that she wasn't hungry after that. She nodded wordlessly and she felt the bed shift as Pat got out of the bed. She took another peek, watching as he shucked off his sweats and pulled on a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt. "Come on lazybones, it's time to get up." He said as he pulled the covers off of her and pulled her into a sitting position.

"I need, I need to brush my teeth." Aislynn grumbled as he put her boots back on her feet for her.

"So demanding." He joked, making her stand up and leading her to the bathroom where he pulled a new toothbrush out and handed it to her along with some toothpaste. Then he stood there as if he was going to wait for her to brush her teeth.

"I have to, um, use the facilities too." She said, giving him the 'I really have to pee' look. "Urgently." She added, to get him moving faster.

"Ew, I'll be in the kitchen whenever Your Highness is ready to go." He said slipping out of the door and shutting it behind him before she could hit him, not the she even had the strength to do that at the moment.

Aislynn did her business and then washed her hands before brushing her teeth. The minty flavor of the toothpaste was like heaven compared to the leftover taste of beer in her mouth. She glanced at herself in the mirror, trying to make herself as publicly presentable as possible. She had a little bit of make-up in her purse and she applied it quickly, erasing the dark circles under her eyes and trying to make it so she didn't look like she had just rolled out of bed after a night of drinking.

She walked out of the bathroom and headed into the kitchen, pulling her hair over her shoulder and braiding it into a loose side braid as she did so. "Well you certainly look better." Pat remarked at her. He had a baseball cap jammed down onto his head and sunglasses over his eyes.

"Shut up. I'm not in the mood to be antagonized right now." She grumbled, pulling her own sunglasses out of her purse and slipping them on before putting on her coat. "Let's go, I'm starving."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aislynn! Patrick! Can I please get a smile over here?" Aislynn had the bad luck that an errant paparazzi photographer had happened to be walking down the street in front of the little diner Pat had chosen for them to eat at. "Are you two an item? How does it feel to be young and in love?" They both kept their heads down and ignored the questions as they entered the diner, luckily the guy couldn't follow them inside.

"So, how does it feel to be young and in love?" Pat teased her as they sat down at a booth in the warm sunshine.

"Shut up Kane." She chuckled, opening up her menu and scanning the items on the menu. She was sure that everything on there was probably a gazillion calories, but she didn't even care. She needed to fatty food, and she needed it now. She needed to distract herself from the fact that an image of the two of them was no doubt going to be plastered in the next days gossip rag. And it was going to cause one hell of a shit storm.

"So, are you going to tell me what happened last nigh?" Pat asked after the waitress came over and took their orders.

Aislynn took a sip of her water, looking at him as if she was deciding whether to trust him or not. She sighed, she needed to talk about it, she really did, she figured Pat was as good as anyone else, he was pretty close to Jon now after all. "I, uh, well, Jon and I were having a scary movie marathon. And we were drinking, and, uh, well, we, uh, I kissed him." She swallowed the lump in her throat, "And things got a little carried away, and, yeah....." She trailed off, looking down at the table in shame.

"Did you fuck him?" Pat asked matter-of-factly and Aislynn shook her head. "Then I don't see what the problem is." Pat shrugged.

"He has a girlfriend!" Aislynn exclaimed, but softly enough so the people at the surrounding tables couldn't hear. "And he's my friend, well he was my friend, and he probably hates me now."

"Who cares? Mandy's a bitch. Like, a huge one. Hell, I think she's slept with most of the team." Just then the waitress came back with their food and they had to pause their conversation until she wandered away again. "That girl is the definition of gold digger, I don't know how Jon hasn't seen it yet, dude 's usually pretty smart."

"Then why is he with her?" Jen asked through a mouthful of eggs, but it wasn't really understandable so she swallowed and wiped her mouth before repeating her question.

"Well, she's hot, for one. And she can be nice when she wants something." He said thoughtfully, "And she can do this thing with her......nevermind. We are not having this conversation." He took a bite of his pancakes.

"You've slept with her too?" Aislynn didn't know why she was surprised, Maggie had said she got the slut vibe from Mandy. And Maggie was damn good at picking up slut vibes. It was kind of like gaydar, but for skanks. The girl could make one hell of a wingman for a guy looking to get laid, that was for sure.

"It was before Jon was with her, so it's not a big deal." He shrugged, "He knows, I think she fed him some line about making a drunken mistake or some shit like that. I mean, the girl was stone cold sober when she threw herself at me, but it's not my relationship, thank God, so I'm keeping my nose out of it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look, just talk to Jon about it." Pat said later as he was dropping her off at her car. "You guys are friends, it was just a drunken misunderstanding, it's not like you raped him and he'll never get over it. I'm sure he feels just as bad as you do."

"Look at you, being Mr. Relationship Guru." Aislynn teased, leaning over and giving him a quick peck on the cheek, "Thanks for everything today. I really appreciate it."

"It's no problem. Just talk to him, seriously." Pat said, giving her a serious look.

"I will." She said smiling at him before she got out of his car and into hers and headed back to her apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this update has been a long time coming. But I made sure I made it kind of long-ish for you all. Hope you liked it!

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment, subscribe, recommend! :)