Status: New story! Comments/Subscriptions/Opinions please! Thankyewz.

Accidentally Yours

S o r r y

The moment the school bell rang and signaled the start of the semestral break, everyone broke into smiles.

Raven and I haven't talked. Mainly because every time we crossed paths, I couldn't bring myself to speak to him.

He stopped trying to talk to me two days ago.

At lunch time this morning, Kat and I had seen him, eating with friends from his class. He'd looked pretty normal to me, so I had tried to act normal too. But of course, lunch just wasn't the same without him.

Everyone around me started yelling and cheering, like shackled birds set free from metal bars. As I packed my stuff into my bag, Kat appeared and patted my shoulder.

"It's finally our two-week break from school. Still won't talk to Raven?" she asked.

I shrugged and didn't look at her. "What am I supposed to say? I'm sorry I burst out in a fit of rage? It's all right that you lied to me? And what happened between him and Aly? I haven't forgotten about the passionate kiss they shared."

"Don't be so stubborn." Kat crossed her arms and stared me down. "Just admit it, already. You miss him. I can see it in your eyes."

I glared at her. She sighed.

"You're going to Los Angeles for the semestral break, right? Visiting your dad's side of the family?" she asked shortly after as we started to walk out of the room.

"Yeah."

"I hope you make up with Raven before you leave. The poor guy's depressed."

Ironically, a group of loud students went out of their classroom, and among them, was Raven. They were laughing about something, laughing hard like they'd just heard the best joke in the entire world.

My stomach knotted into a pretzel of hate.

"Doesn't look depressed to me," I said through gritted teeth. "The bastard's perfectly happy with everything."

"This is the first time I've heard you curse."

"This is the first time I've ever felt this annoyed."

Kat chuckled beside me. "See. I knew it."

"What?" I spat.

"You're annoyed because you still care. You want him to be depressed - to feel the same way you do."

So what if I wanted him to feel the same way I did. So what if I wanted him to be depressed and sorry for what he'd done. He should be.

"You're right. I want him to look like he's sharing my pain."

"He is," Kat muttered. "Trust me, Hayley, he is. He's just good at hiding it."

"I doubt that." I said. Although inside I hoped, really hoped, that he really was. "He stopped trying to talk to me, Kat. I mean, I know I've been avoiding him. But he shouldn't have given up. He gave up! He should have kept trying, you know?"

I stole a glance at Raven as he and his group of happy-go-lucky friends sauntered away.

My heart sank.

I felt angry, annoyed, and hurt, and bitter.

If he wanted to talk to me, he would. If he wanted to make up with me, he wouldn't have given up. He would have kept trying until I said I forgave him.

But he didn't.

Image

"Got your stuff packed for LA, honey?" Mom asked, peeking through my bedroom door later that evening. "We're leaving tomorrow afternoon."

I was rummaging through my closet when my cellphone rang. I reached for it, but then the ringing stopped before I was even able to answer.

Raven?

I bit my lip as I waited for the phone to ring again. A few minutes passed and nothing. I gave in.

What's up? I texted.

A few minutes passed again before my phone rang. Raven was calling. My heart raced in nervousness.

I didn't know what to say, in all honestly. Hi? How are you? Like that was going to ease the tension off.

"H-Hello?" I answered, after one whole minute of debating with myself.

Silence on the other line.

"Um..." I continued awkwardly. "Hello?"

Still silence on the other line. But I knew someone was listening on the other side. So I pressed on.

"Hey, if you're not gonna talk then—"

"I didn't kiss Aly," was the first thing he said, in a dead serious tone. I kept quiet as he continued. "I'm outside your house. Could you come outside?"

Hearing that, I rushed to my window and looked out. There I saw Raven, sitting on the pavement, phone in hand, looking straight up at me.

He smiled and hung up.

I wrapped a jacket around me, still wearing pajamas underneath as I breathed in and out and headed down.

"Where are you going?" Dad asked, watching TV. "In your pajamas, even, young lady."

I smiled forcedly. "Um, out. For a while. A sec, Dad."

"To where?"

"Just going to talk to a friend that's all."

"To a boyfriend, honey. Leave her be," Mom added from the kitchen.

My face flushed red. "No, Mom!" I walked to the door and turned the knob. "He's not a boyfriend."

Mom sighed. "Your daughter is sixteen, for heaven's sake!"

"Bye," I grunted, ignoring them.

Before I went out of the door, I heard my Dad yell after, "He's still a he! Boyfriend or not!"

Ugh, parents.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. Subscribe.
Thank you to all my readers.
Loveyou all. >:D<