What If I Never Hold You?

Matchmaker

Matchmaker was never a role I much liked playing. Matt's getting closer to seeing more of Val, and well now Zacky knows. Because Zack believes in them he can see Val.
"Val how am I supposed to just move on?" Matt asked as the four of us stood outside of the bus.
"It's easy, you just do!" She said.
"Like I'm going to know what to do." He laughed.
"I know you won't. So Kassi and Zacky are helping you." Val informed him, and Zacky.

"Why can't we just find some way to bring you back?" Matt asked.
"That's not possible Matt." Val reminded him. Matt sighed.
"So Kassi and Zacky will help you pick dates, and help you along the way okay?" She told him as she placed her hands on his shoulders.
"Do I have a choice?" He asked
"If you want to help me, then no." She answered.
"Man we will be there for you." Zacky told him.
"I know" Matt said.
"Now smile." Val said as she pushed his cheeks up making him smile.
"Daddy!" Abby and Hayden said running towards us.

"Jimmy got us ice cream." Abby said.
"I see." Matt responded with a laugh. He bent down and they both hugged him. Jimmy walked up eating ice cream also.
"Oh what, you don't bring us any?" Zacky asked.
"No. Go get your own." Jimmy replied pointing in the direction of the ice cream.
"Fine we will!" Zacky said grabbing onto my arm. I just laughed. As we walked back eating our ice cream I could almost hear Val's voice saying
"kiss him, kiss him."
"You okay over there?" Zacky asked
"Oh yeah" I answered.
"So we are playing matchmaker for Matt?" Zacky asked.
"Yup" I answered.
"Let's wait until we get back to Huntington Beach though okay?" He suggested.
"yeah." I agreed.

That night on the bus Abby sat down next to me.
"You were my mom's best friend." She said
"Yes I was." I responded.
"Do you miss her?" Abby asked.
"Yes, a lot." I answered.
"I wish I could have known her better. Everyone is still sad about her. But I'm not really because I didn't know her." Abby informed me.
"You're mommy wouldn't have wanted you to be sad anyways. She wants you to be happy." I told her.
"Will you be my friend?" Abby asked in her sweet little 3 year old voice.
"Of course." I answered with a laugh.
"yay!" She said smiling.
"Protect her." I heard Val's voice say. It was at this moment in time when I began to wonder, what had I really gotten myself into?

The tour passes quickly and back in Huntington Beach, Zacky and I began our search. Like I said playing matchmaker was never my thing, or Zacky's. but we had Val helping us out. Before long we had a list of women, with pictures. Matt finally picked one out. The day before his date Zacky and I stood behind him, guiding him through stuff. And as Matt would say she would meet Abby and Hayden that day. It was a package deal, if she didn't get along with his kids, she was gone. I couldn't blame him at all, and Val was pleased with that. She sat on his bed laughing as Zacky tried to get Matt to die his hair purple. She laid back.
"Why do I have to do this?" Matt asked.
"Because I don't want you alone for the rest of your life." Val answered.
"Okay" He said. A few minutes later Matt left the house.

Zacky chased Abby and Hayden around the house.
"They are great kids, Matt's done a good job." Val said as we stood in the living room.
"Yeah" I agreed.
"Why don't you have a boyfriend?" She asked
"I don't know. It just never works out." I answered.
"Maybe while I'm down here, we'll change that." She reminded me. I laughed.
"Zacky's cute." She said.
"Val." I said
"Okay, stopping." She said backing off.