Status: Active

The Tomb Of Our Forlorn Love

The Friendship Begins

Image

“Severus! Severus! Oh, Severus would you just wait up!” a small, somewhat scrawny eleven-year-old girl yelled from behind her twin brother a few feet up ahead of her.

She had long, stick-straight raven hair that fell to her elbows, fair skin, delicate features, and deep dark brown eyes that always shown with some sort of emotion like they were gateways into her soul. Right now her eyes were filled a mixture of frustration, excitement, and anxiety. Her little hands were grasping tightly to the little trolley cart holding her trunk and her barn owl, Digby’s, cage that she pushed in front of her. It was impossible for her to think of a day in her life when she had ever been so excited as she was today, her very first day going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

She would finally be able to learn how to cast spells, mix potions, and most importantly she would finally be able to make friends. Her father had taken to practically locking her in the house for most of her life, so her first steps onto Platform Nine and Three Quarters sent the feeling of freedom surging through her at long last.

“What do you want, Ellary?” Severus asked, impatiently. Ellary could tell he felt the same way about finally getting to step outside the house; he had nearly sprinted onto the train. He looked a lot like Ellary, but at the same time completely different. He was a great deal taller, his facial features seemed much harsher, and his dark eyes colder, and his black hair was a little greasy.

“I don’t really know… I’m just kind of nervous,” she admitted, with an embarrassed shrug.
He shook his head at her in annoyance; he had always had very little patience for his sister but he loved her all the same. “Well, relax alright? You’ll be fine,” he assured her quickly, before just walking away again.

“Ugh…” she found herself all along again, “Some brother you are,” she muttered a little bitterly after him.

With her trunk and owl cage balanced shakily in her arms she walked toward the scarlet red train that would bring her to her new home when all of sudden someone bumped into her hard from behind sending her items flying in front of her.

James Potter, a boy of average height and slight build stood with his shoulders slumped next to his parents. He had untidy black hair, hazel brown eyes, and wire round-rimmed glasses. James winced a little as his mom pulled him into yet another rib-cracking hug while tears poured down her cheeks.

“Oh Jamie do be careful, darling! Work hard in school, keep up your grades, and please- please just try to stay out of trouble, okay dear? And remember your father and I love you very much and we will always be thinking of you,” she finished kindly, kissing him on the forehead.

“Yeah mom, I know. I heard you the first three hundred times you know,” James laughed good-heartedly, rolling his eyes.

His parents had smothered him, their only child, all his life and he was more than ready to break free from them and start a new life as a student at Hogwarts.

“I’m not so sure about that whole staying out of trouble part, though,” he chuckled before he quickly dashed off toward the Hogwarts Express. However, he came to an abrupt stop when he heard a loud bang and turned around to see a small, black-haired girl sprawled out on the ground.

“You can all rot in hell…” Sirius Black muttered, as he watched his parents and younger brother Regulus disappear around the corner after just dropping off at the train station a few minutes ago.

He hadn’t even been given an actual goodbye from them. He had always been considered a failure to his family, though to most other people he seemed to be nearly perfect. He had long, glossy black hair that fell flawlessly in front of his entrancing gray eyes and over his high, defined cheekbones. Since he was a baby despite being extremely handsome he also had always been very intelligent, but he was a rebel. Unlike the rest of the Black family, Sirius refused to believe that muggle-born wizards were below him. He wasn’t sure why he was the way he was, but some people were naturally born to rebel against what they are told.

He tossed his heavy trunk effortlessly over his shoulder and continued walking toward the train that would get him as far away from his parents as he had ever been. With every step forward Sirius felt his heart grow a little lighter. ‘This is going to be a year of new beginnings,’ he thought to himself as he neared the bright red train in front of him. But something else caught his attention when he watched skinny, brown-haired boy tumble right into the girl in front of him.

“Now goodbye Peter, dear. I hope you have a good year sweetie,” Peter Pettigrew’s mother wished him goodbye before giving him quick peck on the cheek.

“Mooomm… I told you not to kiss me like that,” he whined.

She just smiled lovingly at her only son before handing him his trunk and his pet toad Bernie. “You best be going now, sweetums, or you are going to miss the train. Good luck at school, I am sure that you will be a great wizard some day,” she kissed him again and with that he skipped away. “And don’t forget to right me every week,” she called out, but at this point he could no longer hear her.

Peter was a short, pudgy boy with watery blue eyes, a mess of freckles over his chubby cheeks, and short brown hair. He had lived a privileged life with parents who insisted on spoiling him ever since he was born. He didn’t mind leaving the luxury of his home life though. The only fear he had about starting his new life at school was whether he would fit in. Peter hated nothing more than the feeling of being alone and ignored; he wasn’t sure what he would do if he could not make any friends. But his ponderings were soon interrupted when he heard a loud crash and watched as a little girl toppled roughly down on to the ground.

Remus Lupin had never been so nervous in his entire life. His hand were shaking violently at his side and his face grew even paler than usual as he left his parents behind and stepped on to Platform Nine and Three Quarters. As soon as he walked into the crowd of people his anxiety became more severe. He couldn’t help, but feel like everyone was staring at the curious scar under his right eye or the numerous other ones that adorned his arms. Remus always felt this way around people he didn’t know because he was a werewolf. He was ashamed of the way of the life he was forced to live as a werewolf and he set upon never letting anyone know the truth about himself. Who could actually still like him if they knew what a monster he really was?

‘I should stop all this worrying and be thankful,’ he told himself firmly. The Hogwarts headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, had done him a great favor by agreeing to let him attend the school. Most academies would have immediately snubbed their noses at a supposedly dangerous halfblood like him, but Dumbledore gave him the chance he needed to prove himself to the world. A small smile flickered on to his face as he thought about the future that lay in front of him, the future he never thought he could have. Suddenly he found himself jogging toward the train with excitement, but his journey was cut short when he knocked straight into someone.

“Ahh!” the girl screamed as her trunk and owl cage went flying from her hands and she tumbled to the ground.

Remus’ heart nearly stopped in his chest when he heard the girl hit the hard ground. ‘Oh god… I am here two seconds and I have already killed someone,’ he thought to himself, horrified by what he had just done. Quickly he dropped his own stuff to the ground and leaned over to help the poor girl back up and on to her feet.

“What the hell were you thinking? You could have bloody killed me, you know!” the girl snapped, brushing off her clothes, but Remus didn’t really hear what she was saying.

He was simply enamored with the girl standing in front him. Though at the moment she was considerable bruised up, she was quite possibly the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life. “What in Merlin’s name are you gawking at kid?” she asked, while she wiped some of the blood from her lip.

“Oh, I am so sorry!” he exclaimed, snapping back into reality. “Are- are- are you okay?” he stuttered out.

“What happened here?” a boy with messy, black hair inquired. “Jeez, are you hurt?” he asked the girl.

“No, crashing into a stone floor is just like falling into a pile of fluffy pillows,” she replied sarcastically, narrowing her eyes and catching both of the boys completely off guard.

“Hey, I got your trunk for you,” said an extremely handsome, tall boy who abruptly appeared onto the scene. “And your owl, he’s a little frazzled, but I think he’s doing okay.”

“Oh I am sure he is, he’s a tough one,” she giggled, her demeanor dramatically changing with the appearance of this new, very attractive boy.

“As you must be as well, huh? That was a pretty hard fall, love,” the boy laughed, with a wink.

“I really, really am sorry,” Remus repeated with guilt, as he placed his hand gently on her shoulder. The stern look on her face when her head snapped around made him immediately remove it, however.

“Well just don’t continue to sprint through train stations, okay?” she said pointedly and he nodded contritely.

“Are you alright?” a pudgy boy asked with concern. But he didn’t wait for the answer before he bent down and tried to catch his breath. His cheeks were beat red from running all the way over to where they were standing. He took another deep breath and stood straight up again, “Sorry about that… I’m not the best runner,” he sighed, “But are you okay? I heard you fall-” but the girl cut him off.

“Well at least I know people are nice here at Hogwarts,” she chuckled, becoming more pleasant. “Thank you all, but really I’m perfectly fine. I have been through worse, believe me,” she assured them. “Anyways, the name is Ellary Snape,” she introduced herself, “And who are you all?” she asked.

“James Potter,” the messy haired boy introduced himself with his chest puffed up proudly.

“I’m Sirius Black,” the handsome boy said with a large, bright white smile that could make any girl melt.

“Remus Lupin,” the nervous boy sputtered out, still a little shaken from the whole incident.

“Pete- Peter Pettigrew,” the chubby boy gasped.

Later that day each of the five children were placed in the Gryffindor house and have been best friends ever since…

But as with all friends they disagreed sometimes and of course sometimes they fought. But with their sixth year everything changed with the arrival of new things that they had never really experienced before… like love. A boy and a girl could never just truly just be friends. Sooner or later they will fall for each other whether it be at the wrong time, only for a brief time, or maybe even forever...

They would also experience fear, heartbreak, betrayal, the special bond of friendship, laughs, and of course have fun! The five Marauders were closer than any group of friends could possibly be, but could their friendship last through it all?

This is the tale of Ellary Snape, James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew.
Better known as… the Marauders.