Status: Active

The Tomb Of Our Forlorn Love

What Did You Expect?

Image

Ellary tried desperately to control her laughter, but was doing a rather poor job of it. Nearly the entire crowd gathered in Madam Puddifoot’s had turned to stare at them, most of them looking quiet upset due to the fact that she had just interrupted their make-out sessions. Bellatrix who was sitting with her boyfriend Rudolphus Lestrange on the other side of the room was glaring daggers at them. Regulus, on the other hand, who was located on a few tables away looked slightly amused, though he did try to put on an annoyed face so his Slytherin date wouldn’t get suspicious of anything.

“You really freed all the house elves? Your mum must have been steamed! That’s brilliant mate, brilliant!” Ellary exclaimed, after

Sirius had told her a particularly amusing story about how he had set all his mother’s house elves free after she had refused to let him spend the summer at James’ house.

“What can I say, I am a genius,” he joked, smiling from ear to ear.

Though Ellary’s laughter had died down a little, the people around them still continued to stare menacingly, seeing as Ellary and Sirius were pretty much the only two actually talking in the whole joint.Ellary shook her head and sighed as she clutched her sides, which were aching from laughing so hard.

“You’re a miracle worker, Sirius Black! I completely forgot about all the drama going on in my life right now, I can’t believe you actually got me to laugh like this,” she grinned.

“What are friends for, love,” he responded, while subtly nudging his chair a little closer to Ellary’s.

He had been doing this subconsciously throughout the entire meal, but she hadn’t seemed to notice. Ellary reached over and grabbed the last piece of Sirius’ turkey sandwich and tossed it into her mouth.

“Why must you always eat my food woman? That is no way to behave on a date, you know.”

“Ahh yes, but this isn’t a date, is it?” she chuckled in reply, through a mouth full of half-chewed food.

“Well- what if it was a date?” Sirius replied in an earnest tone, looking her straight in the eye as he did.

Immediately her laugh died and her smile straightened out, she raised her eyebrow at the question.

“And what exactly do you mean by that, Mr. Black?” she returned his question with yet another.

He shrugged, now looking slightly embarrassed by what he said. “I don’t know- I’m just saying what if we were on a date, a real date. It wouldn’t be so bad, would it? I mean at the lake that day…” he trailed off, “The day we almost kissed,” he added, when he saw the confused expression on his face.

“Oh- yeah, I remember that,” Ellary mumbled.

The memory of the day she had spent with Sirius that day and then the moment they shared at the lake, the moment during which they had almost kissed, came rushing back to her.

“I’m sorry, Ella. I should have never have said that, we were having a good time and I just ruined it. I mean you just got out of a relationship, we’re best friends, I am just so stupid,” he muttered out rapidly, while he stood up and grabbed the bags of stuff they had bought.

“Sirius, please just shut up for a second and sit down, okay.” She reached out, grabbed his arm, and gently eased him back down into his chair.

Her eyes darted around the room as her mind tried to process what Sirius was saying. Suddenly she spotted Regulus standing by the small hall that led to the bathrooms, he was staring directly at her, not even attempting to be subtle. He motioned into the hallway with his eyes.

“I- uh- I just have to go to the bathroom, I’ll be right back. Then we can talk about this more,” she said in one breath as she stood up and dashed off before he could even have the chance to respond.

Regulus slipped into the hallway and Ellary followed after him, but when she entered she was surprised to see no one there. Then suddenly a hand clasped over her mouth and an arm snaked tightly around her waist, she felt herself being pulled swiftly into the janitor’s closet.

“What the hell!” she exclaimed, swatting Regulus’ hands off of her, “You couldn’t have just tapped me on the shoulder!”

Regulus closed the door promptly, “I was afraid I would scare you and I didn’t want you to scream,” he explained.

“I don’t spook that easy,” she responded, “Why do we have to talk in this place anyways?” she asked, “I can barely even see you.”

It was rather dark in the closet, with only the light coming in from the hallway through the dusty door window to illuminate the blackness.

“People might see us. I’m here with Amber Collins,” Ellary snorted at the mention of the fifth year Slytherin’s name,

“Shut up, it’s not like I have all that many options, you know. And we don’t do all that much talking anyways, if you know what I mean,” he snapped, before she could tease him.

Amber was certainly a pretty girl, but she had a voice that was so high-pitched that it could break a window.

“Anyways- I don’t want her seeing us, or Bellatrix and Rudolphus, or Sirius- he would flip-”

“Alright, alright I get the point!” Ellary cut him off, “What did you want to talk to me about anyways?” she inquired.

He smirked, “Well you looked like you were in a bugger of a situation with my brother over there; I overheard your conversation. I just wanted to save you before you did something stupid,” was his answer.

She narrowed her eyes at him a little, “I was not going to anything stupid,” she counteracted.

He merely laughed at her reply, “Hah! He had you under that little spell that he puts over girls. He was obviously hitting on you and you were just about to fall right into his lap,” he told her matter-of-factly.

“Excuse me!” she exclaimed, offended by his comment. “I was not going to fall right into his lap and he is not trying to cast some sort of spell on me, or whatever the hell you think he is doing. I think he was being genuine with me, I mean we have been best friends for almost six years now, you don’t just up and decide you are going to seduce your best friend!” she argued.

“Okay fine- so what if he is genuine? How long is that going to last? You know him better than anyone, you know what he does to the girls he goes out with. He treats them like a princess for a few weeks and then completely forgets about them and after the incident with Remus, do you really want to go through that again? I saw how crushed you were, Ella,” he said softly.

Ellary bit her bottom lip, part of her knew Regulus’ was probably right, but part of her wanted to give Sirius a shot. Maybe she was just trying to fill the void that Remus had suddenly left her with, but she didn’t really care. She liked Sirius before she had ever thought of Remus as more than a friend anyways. Maybe Sirius was the one she was really supposed to end up with.

“I can handle myself Regulus, I’m a big girl,” she replied mockingly.

He rolled his eyes at her, “I know that Ella, but I’m just saying that you are going to regret it if you get involved with him,” he sighed.

She ran her fingers through her hair, “I hate to say it- but you are probably right,” she said grudgingly, “But part of me just wants to give it a try, you know? I did have quite the crush on him before. Even before Remus! Maybe he was the one I was supposed to end up with after all.”

Regulus looked down at his shoelaces, her last sentence seemed to let him down for some reason.

“Do what you think is right Ella, but when this all falls apart just know I’ll be there to help you pick up the pieces again. I’ll always be there,” he said and with that he departed from the closet, leaving Ellary alone in the darkness.

“Oh… what am I going to do?” she sighed, leaning against the wall and banging her lightly against it a few times, “What am I going to do?”

“Hey Sirius,” Ellary sat back down at the table, with a small smile on her face, but her hands were shaking violently at her side.

“Hi,” he responded, awkwardly.

Ellary took a deep breath before she began to speak, “Look, if we start dating right now there would be chaos and you know it,” Sirius’ head dropped at the words, “But- but, I do like you Sirius,” he looked up again, hope in his gray orbs, “So maybe, maybe in the future we could try to, you know, date. But if you start something with me you better be damn sure that you want a relationship because I am not just going to be another trophy on your wall, got it? I’m not like those other girls that you dated,” she said fiercely to make sure he really understood her.

Instead of answering right away Sirius simply leaned over and wrapped his arms tightly around Ellary’s waist in a warm hug. Her heart fluttered as his toned chest pressed up against hers.

“You’re so much more than that, Ella. You’re not like those other girls, you’re my friend,” he told her, when they released.

She nodded slowly, “In the future,” she whispered, “It would crush Remus and I- I just don’t think I’m ready yet. But in the future, if you don’t mind waiting that is,” Ellary told him.

“I’ll wait,” he smiled broadly at her, “I’ll definitely wait for you.”

Remus peered through the steamy window of Madam Puddifoot’s in an attempt to see if Sirius and Ellary were actually inside. After a few moments of searching he finally spotted Sirius sitting alone at one of the tables to the right. It wasn’t long until Ellary appeared at the table as well. She was wearing a strange, slightly confused looking expression on her face when she sat down.

He watched her take a deep breath before her lips began to move speedily, but he could not make out any of the words she was saying. Instead he looked toward the expression on Sirius’ face, Sirius had always shown his emotion on his face, to point where it was like reading a book. At first his eyes dropped, but slowly the gray orbs lit up seemingly happy about whatever Ellary was saying. Then it happened. Sirius reached over and wrapped his arms around Ellary’s waist in a tight hug that looked like a little more than just a friend hugging a friend.

“Erm- Moony, what are you doing? You look kind of creepy, mate,” James leaned over and tapped him on the shoulder. Remus jumped in surprise and practically collapsed on to the ground.

“I- uh- I was just-” he tried hard to think of an excuse, but before he could James stepped over him and looked in through the window himself.

Almost immediately he saw Ellary and Sirius at one of the tables and put two and two together.

“You were spying on Ellary and Sirius!” he exclaimed, “Oh Moony, that’s not cool, mate,” he sighed, shaking his head.

“You were spying on them?” Candace, James’ date, smirked, “That’s kind of sad, Remus,” she chuckled.

“Who asked you?” he snapped at the girl, before turning back to James. “Look at them! Madam Puddifoot’s! Hugging! They’re on a date, Prongs! A DATE!” Remus began to ramble.

“Well- what did you expect, mate? She fancied Sirius before you, remember?” James reminded him.

“Yeah, and plus she is not going to sit around sulking over you. It’s a lot easier to move on if you’ve got another guy- especially someone as gorgeous as Sirius Black- to help you move on,” Candace piped in again.

“I am not talking to you,” Remus growled at her, “Seriously James, this girl is who you got to take Lily’s place?” he exclaimed, and Candace huffed at the comment. He was usually never so rude, but he was beginning to get fed up with her. “Do you really think they would start dating? Would Sirius do that to me?” Remus asked James, but he never got the chance to answer him.

“What are you all doing out here?” Ellary inquired, stepping out of the teashop laden with shopping bags full of Christmas presents and chocolate.

Sirius, also holding a great number of bags, stepped out behind her and raised his eyebrow curiously at his two friends.

“Well erm- we were just about to go inside when we bumped into Remus here,” James lied quickly.

“Ooh, Madam Puddifoot’s, Jamie?” Candace giggled. James glanced over at her with a less than enthusiastic look on his face.

“Erm- yeah,” he mumbled out, “Anyways- what were you two doing at Madam Puddifoot’s, making fun of the other couples making out?” he asked. It’s definitely something Ellary and Sirius would do to amuse themselves.

“Erm- well… not exactly,” Ellary stumbled over her words a little, “We were just talking- and erm- eating.”

“No way! Talking and eating in a teashop? You two are crazy little buggers aren’t you!” James said sarcastically.

Ellary glared at him, “Where is Wormtail at anyways? Weren’t you supposed to be with him?” she asked Remus, changing the subject.

Remus didn’t answer for a second. He just stared up at his ex-girlfriend, with a pained look on his face. He had lost her to Sirius Black, the most desired guy in the entire bloody school, go figure.

“He’s at the Three Broomsticks. I dropped a few galleons, I just came out to look for them,” he said quietly, averting his eyes from hers, he had always been a terrible liar.

“Oh okay then. Well, Sirius and I are going to head back to the school,” she said, “Uh- so we’ll see you later, I guess?”

Everyone nodded and they all went their separate ways, Sirius and Ellary arm-in-arm.
♠ ♠ ♠
I finally found a photo of Regulus! It's now in the character section :)