A Secret Kiss Of Confidence

"Kiss me one last time, shut your eyes."

It happened so quickly that if I had blinked, I would have missed it. Without thinking twice I ran into the middle of the street where he laid. I knelt down beside him, and leaned over him. The rain pounded down against my back, but I paid no attention to it.

"Frank are you okay? Talk to me please!"I talked frantically, but my voice cracked as I choked on the emptiness inside my throat. I just couldnt put the million thoughts flying through my head, into words.

"I...I dont know..."Frank stammered, though his voice sounded slightly distant and calm.

I felt my eyes well-up and the slow tears trickled down my cheek. They mixed with the rain that was now dripping off of my drenched hair.

"Don't cry Hun. Everything will be okay."He said more confident as he lifted his hand and lightly wiped the tears off of my face. I grabbed his hand and held it against my cheek.

"Sam you should get out of the rain, you're going to get sick."He coughed slightly as he talked.

"I'm not going to leave you Frank. I'm going to get you help. You're going to be okay."My hands began to shake, but I wasn't going to let go of his hand.

"I love you Sam."Frank leaned his head up toward mine.

"I love you, too. More then you will ever know. Please don't leave me."I said while more and more tears dropped silently from my eyes.

"Ill never leave you Sam. I'll be with you forever...I promise." He said as we leaned closer together.

Our cheeks brushed and we kissed for the very last time. I pulled my head back and saw the scarlet pool that had grown next to Frank's body. I laid my head down on his chest and allowed my eyes to blur and close as the rain fell solemnly around us.

* * * * *
[8 Months Earlier]

"Ash do we really have to go to this Party? I'm not really in the mood to sit on some guys couch, and get hit on by every drunken perv. at the party."

"Yes Sam! It's Halloween and we are in New York, we have to go to at least one party!"

I rolled my eyes as I collapsed on our couch. Ever since my best friend Ashley and I moved to New York two Months ago, my life has consisted of working during the day, and going to random parties at night. I'll admit, I'm not really as into the whole New York college party scene as Ashley is. Which I guess isn't that strange since neither of us even go to college.

"Come on Sam! You haven't been out at all the last week. Plus I think you'll like this party better..."Ashley lingered on her last word because she wanted me to respond...like I always did.

"Why would I like this party more? Please tell me Ashley the all knowing one."I said the last part with extreme sarcasm but that obviously went unnoticed.

"Well since you said please," Ashley grinned at me through the mirror that she was sitting at. "This guy I met said that there would be a lot of cute...um...What's that word? It's like a large bird or something..."Ashley looked at me with confusion on her face.

"Your thinking of an Emu, but the term is Emo."I laughed softly to myself after picturing an emo emu, but then my face turned sour. "Besides, I don't care whether there are cute emu or ''emo'' guys there are not."

"Oh yeah, I forgot. You're still in 'I-Hate-Every-Guy-In-The-World' mode."This time is was Ashley who was rolling her eyes.

"I don't hate every guy in the world! Just all the guys in America...And some in Canada...Oh and any and all guys who wear a skirt and claim it's a kilt. I know a man skirt when I see one."She laughed, but I was serious.

"Come on Sam! It's your favorite holiday. It's our first Halloween in the city. Don't make me celebrate it like, totally all alone pwease!!!" Ashley turned away from her mirror and gave me her pouty face. Damn that face. She could get away with murder just by batting her eyelashes.

"Fine,"I gave in. "I guess it wouldn't kill me to make an appearance."She was right I hadn't been out in a while, and it was my favorite holiday. Besides, going out tonight could, "like, totally" change my whole pessimistic view on living just to die right?...ha ha NOT!
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me wut cha think!

-alex