A Secret Kiss Of Confidence

Don't let your guard down. Don't let...

When the door opened, two things surprised me:
1st = the sound. The loud music that had been muffled by the door, was what I now recognized as Nirvana. Breed to be exact. Now I guess hearing Nirvana at a party I was at may not seem that surprising. Ashley on the other hand...usually all her party play lists consist of rap-crap and hip-hop so Nirvana was definitely a pleasant surprise.

2nd = the sight (a.k.a. the guy that opened the door).He was average height for a guy, but slightly paler and had about shoulder length, messy, jet black hair. He had on a black leather jacket, black pants, and a black shirt. Funny, guess he was too cool to dress up for the party. But, then again, all I did was put on a pair of wings and some teeth...
"Hi Ashley. Erm, Matt's in his room. He told me to tell you the guys are on their way. Go in, turn left, and he's the last door on the right.""Thanks,"Ashley nonchalantly pushed by him into the house. "Oh,"she turned around like she had forgotten something. Something like me maybe?!
"Oh, by the way Sam,"See! I knew she wouldn't leave me alone at some strange party with some strange guy. That's why she's my best friend! "This is Gerard. Bye!"

Bitch!
"Hi Gerard, I'm Sam.""Hey, erm, sorry. Come on in."He pulled open the door completely and pressed himself against it so I could squeeze past.

It was a bit of a mad house inside as vampires, witches and bunnies ran all over the place. There was loud music blaring through two large speakers that were placed on either side of the rather small television. Odd set up for what I assume was the living room I was at the entrance of. Usually people like to make the TV the main focus...
"Hey, do you want a beer or something?"I'm not sure how I managed to hear his voice over the music...Wait. No. Gerard was now next to me leaning in to speak closer to my ear. He pulled his head back and I happened to notice his warm auburn eyes. I nodded my head in a trance and followed closely behind as he squished and bumped his way through the crowd and into the kitchen.

Gerard went to the fridge and emerged with a bottle in each hand. He walked over to where I was standing and in one fluid movement opened the beers, handed me one, and leaned against the counter next to me.
"So, Sam, what brings you here?"He took a sip of his drink and stared at his own fingers taping away against the frosty sides of his bottle. Either out of nervousness or awkwardness...
"Ashley,"I couldn't quite tell which.
"Oh...yeh...that's right."Hmm...nervousness. "So...um...how long have you known her?"

Might as well help the guy out.
"Well we met the first year of junior high and have been friends ever since.""That's cool." He took another sip and continued to gaze at his bottle in a rather unnatural fashion.
"So,"I took a sip from my bottle as well, "how did you meet Ash?"
"Through Matt, I've met her a couple times before. She seems erm...nice...enough."
"Yeah. She seems nice at first, but she can be crueler then people anticipate."
"Heh Heh I could see that."He laughed and nodded as he took another drink. "Well I have to admit, you seemed slightly intimidating at first, but you seem to be a pretty cool girl."
"Haha thanks? I guess? Yeah, people usually assume I'm a bitch from looking at me, but I'm actually a lot more chill then people expect."
"Well yeah. Plus, based on your shirt, you have a damn good music taste."

I looked down at my Misfits shirt and grinned.
"You like the Misfits?"I asked slightly surprised, slightly reassured.
"Course, who doesn't?"He took another swig. "So you're a very chill and obviously cool girl, and you like good music."
"Hehe thanks." I smiled at him and glanced into his inviting brown eyes again.
"Plus," he drank again, "You're pretty cute and have a gorgeous smile."He smiled and tilted his head back.

With each swig I could see his nervousness melt away and feel my guard being eased down. Not exactly the type of situation I wanted to be in, but at the moment it worked. I couldn't help but smile, and Gerard appeared to be a pretty sweet guy. Who would leave a situation like that?