Lessons In New Jersey

I keep a part of you with me...

"So how was your first day of school" Frank questioned me as we walked home.

"What do you think. It was hell" I replied back.

"Yea thats what I thought" he replied back and we kept walking. There was silence as we walked. Nothing but the wind in the trees to keep a sense of reality. "Maddie I....I wanna apologize for how I acted at first" he finally replied breaking the silence.

"Its fine" I replied

"I'm usually not like that I promise." he replied and looked at me. That look I never really noticed how much his eyes were a bit of hypnotic.

"I'm sure your not" I replied. I had noticed our walk lead us to my house. I looked at the drive way and it was empty I knew my mom was at work. But as for Jeremy I didn't know if he was home yet.

"So is this where you live?" Frank questioned me.

"Yea" I replied and just stared at the house.

"Okay then.....well, I'll see you at school tomorrow" he replied and started to walk away.

"Wait, Do you wanna come in?" I finally questioned him. My mom wasn't home so it what harm could it to.

"Um" he paused for a moment "sure why not" he replied and walked with me up to the house.

I reached out to open the door but it swung open before I could even grasp the door knob.

"Who are you?" It was Jeremy the little rat.

"A friend of mine now move it or lose it" I replied and pushed him out of the way.

"Ow that hurt. I'm telling mom when she gets home" he replied and ran off into the living room to resume watching tv. As he always does.

"Do whatever I don't care" I yelled to him while shutting the door after Frank had walked in. "Come on" I replied to him and led him to my room.

"So I'm guessing that was your little brother" Frank questioned me.

"Oh him. No he's just the annoying little garden knome that occasionally likes to watch TV in our house" I replied back with a smile.

"Thats one tall garden knome" he replied with a laugh. "Whoa...nice guitar" I heard him say.

"Yea. my aunt gave it to me" I replied and took my shoes off.

"Can I play something" he questioned me.

"Go for it" I replied and pulled my hair up. He grabbed it and sat on my bed. I undid my tye and sat next to him as he started playing. He played a tune I didn't know. "What are you playing?" I questioned him.

"Its for one of the songs we pratice with" he replied back I just nodded.

"And what's that song called?" I questioned.

"Early sunsets over monroeville" he replied and stopped.

"Oh nice. I love it already" I replied and pushed him a little. He smiled back and pushed a little.

"Wanna learn it?" he questioned "You know. incase I'm late again you can fill in for me"

"Sure" I replied and he handed me the guitar.

"Put your fingers here" he instructed me and I followed. "Now switch them to...here" he instructed again. But I didn't quite follow.

"What?" I questioned him.

"From here to here" he instructed again but I didn't quite get it.

"crap" I replied as I didn't get it the second time.

"Here stand up. Maybe it'll be easier" I did what he told me and stood up. "Okay now try again I'll help you" he then stood behind me placing his hands ontop of mine to help me with the switch. "See now you got it"

"Yay me" I smiled and turned my head. I saw him as he looked at me. There was silence as we stood there. He still had his hand on mine. I pulled my hand away and stepped forward. I set the guitar back down on its stand and stood there looking at it. I then felt his hand on my shoulder turning me around and kissing me.