Lessons In New Jersey

Why Am I Feeling so Wrong?

Image

3 days later

Maddie's POV

It had been three days since the incident and I haven't even talked to or seen Frank. He's been avoiding me at school. All the same I had been avoiding him. Gerard had called me the next day to talk about it. We both come to the conclusion we were under the influence and didn't know what we were doing. But I did realizing it now. I did it to hurt Frank. The way he had hurt me when I saw him with that girl. And now that I think about it. It really didn't seem like anything. So I caused all this for nothing. Rumors were already starting to circle the school. Saying I had gotten into a fight with some random girl because she looked at me funny. Which almost caused a real fight between me and the overly popular girl Britney.

"Do want me to give you a ride to school?" I heard my mom question me as I was putting my red eyeshadow on.

"Sure." I replied and looked in the mirror. My hair was still a mess with random curls out of place. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the bathroom to the car.

"Shotgun!" I heard Jeremy say.

"How old are you?" I questioned him.

"9 duh." he replied in the snobby voice he always used with me.

"Right seeing is how I'm 17 and I'm the oldest I get shotgun. Not only that you have to be 12 to sit in the front so move it on to the back buster." I replied and pushed him out of the way and got in the front.

"Moooom!" he yelled.

"Jeremy just get in the back I don't have time for this. And she's right you have to be 12 to sit in the front." she replied and got in. He just stomped his foot and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Did you brush your hair?" My mom asked.

"No." I simply replied. She started trying to fix it but I pushed her hands away. "Stop touching my hair." I replied she just shook her head and started the car. I buttoned my blazer and looked out the window as we drove. It started to rain.

"Isn't that your friend?" My mom questioned me as we drove past someone walking. Sure enough it was Frank.

"You mean her boyfriend?" Jeremy replied.

"Shut up!" I yelled to him and he stuck his tongue out and kicked my seat I just twisted in my seat and pinched him on the leg.

"Stop it you two!" My mom said to us. I just let out a frustrated sigh.

"Ask him if he wants a ride." my mom then told me and pulled to the side. I looked at her then opened my window.

"Frank!" I shouted to him. He looked at me. "You wanna ride?" I questioned him.

"I can walk." he replied and continued walking. I looked at my mom and she gave me a look telling me to keep trying.

"Frank. Its raining and your gonna be late. Just come on." he sighed and went to the other side of the car and got in the back. My mom continued to driving. We all sat there in silence.