Lessons In New Jersey

Aren't You Proud Your the One that Made Me

Image

Lunch

I didn't get in line to get lunch I just walked straight over to the table where Kelsie and the rest were sitting.

"Hey...you not eating?" she greeted me.

"No I'm not," I replied and sat down "did you tell anybody what happened at your house?" I questioned her.

"No, I don't really remember what happened." She replied while opening her apple juice.

"Are you sure?" I questioned her again.

"I'm positive, but this is a small town kind of things get around, Don't worry about it." She replied. I just nodded I looked over at Frank who was reading and eating his lunch.

"I'll be right back." I stood up not paying attention as someone with there lunch tray collided with me. I let out a little scream as her food was imprinted on my uniform, she just had to go with the nachos for lunch. I looked up at her and it was the same girl from the bathroom.

"Oops." was all she said as she handed me the tray and tried to walk away.

"Oops? No this doesn't require a simple oops." I replied to her letting the tray fall to the ground and pulling her back.

"You were in my way, what else do you want me to say." she replied

"Uh sorry would be nice," I replied and pushed her out of the way walking to the bathroom.

"Bitch," I heard her say under her breath. I turned around allowing my fist collide with her face. I heard a bunch of gasp and shouts as she fell to the floor and saw people crowd around as I got ontop of her and started hitting her as she fought back. I then felt someone grab my by the arm pulling me off. I struggled to get away but he picked me up and hauled me away.

"Let go!" I yelled as he pushed open the door to the hallway when he did let go I turned around slapping the person only to find out it was Frank. "Frank! Oh shit, I'm sorry,"

"Yea that hurt," He replied and put his hand on his cheek.

"I'm really sorry." I replied.

"Madeline!" I turned around to see one of the principals coming towards me. I felt Frank grab my hand and pull me away. We ran out the door away from the school where I could still hear the principal shouting at us to come back.

"Where are we going?" I questioned him.

"Away from here." He replied.

We ran as far as we could go which was to the park towards the end of the town, It was always deserted so we were hoping that no one would find us. I sat down on the slide facing away from the street trying to catch my breath. Frank sat next to me looking at his shoes. I looked at him and saw the red spot on his cheek where I had hit him. I touched his cheek and he flinched a little.

"Frank I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to hit you." I replied he just shrugged.

"Its okay, maybe I should have waited for you to calm down before letting go." he replied giving me a half smile.

"My mom is going to kill me." I replied taking my jacket off which was still covered in nacho cheese. ew.

"Yea my parents aren't gonna be to happy about this." he replied "what started this whole little tussle you just had." He questioned me.

"She called me a bitch and I didn't like it." I replied.

"Thats it?" he questioned again.

"Trust me it does enough damage when you've been called that by your own dad." I replied looking at my shoes.

"Oh," he replied while grabbing my hand and holding it.