Lessons In New Jersey

New Student...

Frank walked me to the office where I was supposed to register. My mom had already registered me yesterday so all I need to do was get my schedule and my uniform. I wasn't one to oppose the tie but the skirt and jacket. That I could do with out.

"Hey look you have geometry and goverment with me" Frank said while walking me to my locker.

"Weee. aint that a pip" I replied with sarcasm he just laughed at me.

"It better be" he stopped walking and looked up.

"What?" I questioned him and looked to where he was staring. Three pretty buff guys were walking down the hall towards us. Only one could assume they were jocks. They had the look and presence of being the kings of the school.

"Well isn't it the little hobbit of the shire." I heard one of them say while walking up to us.

I looked over at Frank who didn't say anything back. "What's this you have here?" he again questioned and snatched the paper out of Frank's hand.

"Getting a schedule change. something fitted for your self like cosmetology" he and his jock like friends laughed.

"Thats mine" snapped at them and snatched the paper back.

"And who are you" he replied and stepped up to me.

"None of your damn business. And you'll never know if you don't back off" I replied again.

"Aww it looks like Frank finally got himself a girlfriend someone more suited for your size" one of the other friends said.

I just rolled my eyes and looked at frank who seemed to be blushing. The jocks just walked way laughing.

"I'm just gonna take a stab in the dark but I'm guessing you guys aren't exactly fond of each other right" we continued walking.

"Yea your rite...here this is your class" he pointed to the door.

"Oh wee. Okay then. I'll see you later" I replied back. He just nodded gave me my schedule and walked off. I knocked on the door then walked in.

"yes may I help you" the teacher asked me.

"Uh yea. I'm new here." I handed her my schedule and looked around. I could see people already whispering.

"Alright class this is Madeline Martinez." I could hear some of the kids in the back snicker.

"You can just call me Maddie" I replied to her

"Okay Maddie. You can have a seat over there next to the window" she handed me back my schedule and I nodded walking back to the seat she directed.

The girl I was sitting next to had blond hair golden tan and acrylic nails. All the works of one of the popular preps. She gave me a devious smile and slipped me a note when the teacher wasn't looking.

Welcome. I've got 5 dollar says you won't survive a day

I just rolled my eyes and sighed. This was gonna be a long school year.