Lessons In New Jersey

You’re never gonna fit in much, kid

Frank's POV

I went through my health class like usual. Things being thrown at me whispers behind my back. They never bothered me before. But this time was different it wasn't only me they were talking about. It was Maddie too. So word spread quickly around the school about her. Mostly they kept saying she was my girl friend. Which wasn't true obviously. After the third paper ball being thrown at me I raised my hand.

"You have a question Mr. Iero" Ms. Bush questioned me.

"May I go to the restroom" I politely asked her. She nodded and got the pass.

I walked down the hall to the bathroom just trying to ignore the whispers that were going on. Some of them so far fetched that not even a twelve year old would believe it. One rumor was Maddie got kicked out of her old school for burning down the gym. Where they came up with this I dont know. I walked into the bathroom. Not really having to go but deciding if I was gonna be in here might as well do something. I just decided to wash my hands. Random but it was something I did enjoy to do. Something about having clean hands was refreshing.

I finished washing my hands and walked out only to be grabbed by the shirt and shoved into the locker. As they slammed the door I heard laughing. Automatically knowing it was Chris and the rest of his jock friends who had shoved me in here.

"Try and help your friend now Iero. Kelsie and the rest of her friends are gonna give her a real good welcome" they banged on the locker and walked away laughing.

I banged on the door but nobody heard me. I knew I had awhile till passing period so I just thought of ways to amuse myself.

Maddie's POV

Believe it or not I couldn't wait to get to geometry. Frank being the only person who I knew and was friendly would be there. Having someone to talk to is better than having someone who said things to you about you. Such as "why do you wear your hair like that?" or "Did you get into a fight with scissors and lose" yea that one was a real hoot. I asked if I could get a drink of water thankfully the teacher let me. I was half way down the hall when I heard a voice.

"Hello...anybody" I looked around but didn't see anyone.

"Uh. Hello" I questioned with confusion.

"Maddie?" yup I definitely recognized this voice.

"Frank? where are you?" I questioned again and looked around.

"I'm in the locker" he answered back.

"This one" I knocked on one of the doors.

"No the other one" he replied and knocked back. I tried to open it but of course it was locked.

"How'd you get in there" I questioned and tried to look through one of the vents.

"Chris and his jack ass friends put me in here. You met them this morning" he replied back.

"Oh yea them. Bastards! Hold on I'll get you out" I looked around and pulled out the little pocket knife I always kept hidden on the inside lining of my pants. Well in this case it was skirt. I put it in the crease of the door and fiddle with it a little one little bang with the fist and the door was open. "Voila" I replied and stepped away so Frank could get out. "wow you fit standing up"

"Thank you so much. I thought I was gonna have to stay in there for the rest of the period" he gave me a hug.

"Your welcome. Does this happen to you alot" I questioned him and put the knife away.

"Yea. There's plenty of other people they mess with to. But they get more of a kick out of me when they can fit me in a locker" he replied.

"ah I see. What class are you in right now" I questioned him again and started walking.

"Health. I had to get out of there i couldn't stand it anymore" I heard him say.

"ah I see" I again replied.

"Is that all you say?" he questioned this time.

"Not always." I replied with a little laugh.

"Eh...Well I better get back to class now Ms. Bush is gonna have a fit. See you later" waved to me and walked away. I turned around and went the other way. Since my class was in the opposite direction.