Seize the Day

Sophie!

Annaleah sighed as she looked out the window of the bus, it was another day like any other, she was on her way to college and it was raining. It always seemed to rain this time of year in the little part of Sheffield England that she lived in so in other words she’d gotten used to it. That didn’t mean she liked it dear god no she hated it! And it hated her just as much.

She pulled the chord as the bus neared her stop and the red light saying ‘stop requested’ flashed on near the front of the bus, the bus slowed to a stop and she grabbed her bag walking off the bus and toward the harrow’s building at her school. She walked in with fifteen minutes to spare before her English class started and spotted her friend Sophie. She walked over smiling and hugged her friend. Sophie was from America so they didn’t really get to see each other much seeing as Annaleah didn’t have enough money to buy plane tickets to America, plus she hated flying, she was scared of it. As a child she had watched way to many TV programs about planes crashing and such and now the closest she would go to an airplane would be to see her friends who were to see her friends who were traveling off. “What are you doing here?” She inquired of Sophie and the latter smiled.

“Visiting you, and taking some courses here.”

“Your taking courses at my college? Why?” Annaleah gasped her eyes growing huge.

Sophie chuckled, “I got enough honor courses done so they gave me permission to travel for a few weeks.”

“That’s amazing!” Annaleah beamed and hugged her friend before looking up at the clock, “my English class is starting I’d better go.” She waved goodbye too Sophie and walked off in the direction of her English class.