Status: Done

Illegal Love.

Chapter 14

It's been almost two weeks since daddy left and mommy says it's time to go back to school. She says she doesn't want me to have to repeat Senior year. 

Emmy yelled at her for it. He said I wasn't ready yet. I hate when Emmy and mommy fight, especially when it's about me. 

I told Emmy that mommy was right; if I'm gonna go to college with him next year I can't fail. After that he was still pretty upset but he understood what we meant. 

This morning Emmy wakes me up with a kiss. I try to roll over and go back to sleep but he pulls the covers off me, letting the cold air in.  I snuggle close to his body and try to bunch my fists in his shirt but then I remember that he doesn't wear a shirt to bed. 

"C'mon Bug. Time to get up." 

"I don't wanna. It's too cold out there." I mumble. 

He sighs and kisses me once more. "How about if I start the shower for you and then make you breakfast? And I'll drive you to school too so you don't have to walk." 

"....do I have to get up now?" I ask opening an eye to look at him. 

A smile plays on his lips before he shakes his head. "Ten more minutes." 

I nuzzle my face into his chest and feel him pull the blanket back around us. 

Ten minutes later Emmy tries to wake me up again and this time he literally drags me out of bed. He's such a morning person. I am, obviously, not. 

After I'm done showering I dry off quickly and dart out to my room where Emeryk is laying in my bed reading a big book about something boring... probably. "Emmy, close your eyes." I instruct. 

He looks up at me. A first! "Why?"

"Cause I'm gonna get dressed silly!"

"You haven't got anything I haven't seen, Bug." He laughs. 

I blush and look down. "I know but...please?" 

He sighs but closes his amazing green eyes. I pull out my favorite Spongebob boxer briefs and a pair of orange skinnies. It takes me a little while to get them on because they're so tight but once they're securely around my waist I dig through my shirt drawer and come up empty handed. None of them go with my pants! I can't be mix-matched! 

I walk over to where Emmy's suitcase sits on the floor and flip it open, grabbing a blue shirt and slipping it on. Blue goes with orange right? I'm pretty sure it does...

The shirt is almost two sizes too big on me but I don't mind. It's Emmys which means it smells like him. 

"Okay. I'm done." I announce. He opens his eyes and smiles at me. 

"You're so cute it physically pains me." He murmurs getting up and pulling me into his arms. I giggle and press a kiss to his lips. He brings his hand up to the back of my head and pulls me closer, deepening the kiss. Soon enough, I'm out of breath and pull away.

He pulls me onto his back and carries me to the kitchen where a plate of waffles sit. I smile wide and grab one, dipping it into the syrup before biting into it. 

After it's all gone (I was hungry. Sorry.) Emmy finds my shoes and slides them on my feet for me, tying them just the way I like it. He knows me so well. I grab my backpack and skip to the car, sliding into the passenger seat. Emmy gets in and navigates the streets exceptionally well. He always was a good driver. 

When he pulls up to the front of the school he pulls my hand to his lips and kisses it slowly. "Be good okay? I love you." 

"I'll try. I love you too, Emmy." I lean over and kiss his cheek before opening the door and getting out. 

Before long Jacob spots me and runs over. "Alexis! Hey! You didn't tell me you were coming back already!" He yells wrapping his arms around me and spinning me around. 

I giggle. "Hey Jakey? I'm coming back to school." 

He sets me down and ruffles my hair. "No shit. C'mon. The bell just rang." 

I follow him to our homeroom and mentally prepare myself for the rest of the day. I wonder what Emmy's doing. 
~*~

After school Jacob drives me home and I insist that he comes in and meets Emeryk properly. After all, the first time they met was when Emmy yelled at him to move. I don't want Jakey to think that my Emmy is mean. 

When we go inside we find that nobody is home. Not mommy and not Emeryk. Where could they have gone? Oh well. I guess we'll just have to watch a movie or something until they get back. Oh! And I have to tell Jacob about me and Emmy! 

"Hey, Jacob? I have something to tell you." 

"Yeah? What's that?" He asks absently, flipping through channels. 

"I kissed Emmy. Well, he kissed me. But now we're together!" 

"What?! When did this happen? And why didn't I already know?" 

"Uh. Like, a week ago. And I didn't tell you cause, well, I dunno. I guess I forgot." 

He thinks for a second and smiles wide. "I'm happy for you! How did it happen? Tell me everything." 

I laugh at his eagerness. "It was a day after mama told him I loved him. I was upset and he came in and I thought it was you! And I asked him to kiss me because, uhm, I was never kissed before? And so he....did." 

"Wait. You thought he was me? You wanted me to be your first kiss?" 

"Well, yeah. Why not? I mean, isn't it kinda silly that I'm so old but hadn't had my first kiss? And you're my bestest friend. I trust you." 

"Really?" He looks at me seriously. "You really trust me to kiss you?" 

I nod a little before realizing what he's really asking. He leans closer to me and presses his lips to mine softly. I stay frozen. There's nothing I can do. It's like my body shut down. His lips don't feel anything like Emmy's. Emmy's are perfect and soft and always warm and inviting. Not that Jacobs aren't. They're just....different. He's just not Emmy.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps and a gasp. Jacob pulls away quickly. Emeryk stares at me, hurt and anger shining clearly in his eyes. "Alexis, what's going on?" 

"E-emmy! It's not what you think! H-he-" 

"I know what I saw! I don't think you can explain it any better. Just tell me, why? I thought you loved me. Am I not enough for you?" He yells. "You know what? Whatever." Then he turns on his heel and storms out of the house. 

I sit stunned, staring after him. What just happened? What did he mean by 'whatever'? What if he means that we're over? I can't lose him! I just got him! I didn't even kiss Jacob back! 

I jump up and run after Emmy. He's way too important to me to just let him walk away. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Haa. Sorry this took like, a week.
Drama with my dad and the Internet D:
But I got this out to you!
Hope you like it.
Comment?