Status: Done

Illegal Love.

Chapter 16

Fudge! FudgeFudgeFudge! Emmy looked so mad! I've never seen him so mad before. He must hate me. 

Oh, what if he hates me? What if he never wants to see me again? What if this really means we're over? That can't happen! Never ever ever! I love him too much. 

There has to be a way I can follow him. I run back inside and grab Jacobs keys from the coffee table. There's no way I can catch him on foot. 

"Woah, Alexis. What's going on?" Jacob asks, grabbing my arm and pulling me to a halt. 

"Jake let go! Emmy's getting away! I need to follow him and explain!" I yell, struggling against him uselessly.

"Okay, hey. Calm down. Think a little. You know you can't drive. Give me the keys. I'll take you." He reasons. I frown but hand him the keys and lead the way out of the front door. 

As soon as he starts the car I yell at him to go the way Emeryk went. We drive around almost aimlessly for what seems like hours (but in reality is only fifteen minutes) before I see his car. 

I open the door before Jacob even stops and run up to the house. There's a party here. Well, I don't want to be rude so I knock. 

I look up at the guy who answers. He's tall and muscular and incredibly scary. He steps aside and I scurry past him. I need to find Emmy. 

After about an hour I'm still looking for him. That was definitely his car outside. I'd know it anywhere. So then where is he? All the faces are unfamiliar except for a few I know from school. Most of them start to blur after a while. 

I open doors and push past countless bodies. I need to find him. The more time I waste the more time he has to think that I don't want to be with him. I can't let that happen! I can't! 

I scramble on top of a chair in order to get a better look around. It's then that I see his familiar mess of blond and brown hair. I jump down and run as fast as I can over to where I saw him. 

I spot him right before I'm pushed in the opposite direction. Gosh, I hate parties. It's called personal space people! 

It takes me a few minutes to get back to him and I see something I really didn't expect. Nick is pressed up against my big brother and attacking him with his gross lips. Much to my despair, Emeryk isn't fighting it. Actually, he looks like he wants it. 

I think my heart is actually breaking. At least, that's what it feels like. He really doesn't want to be with me anymore. 

On instinct I run. I run as fast as my short legs will let me. I run as far away as I possibly can.

I knew he was mad. I knew he was hurt. I just didn't know that he'd be able to move on so quickly. I at least thought we'd talk about it first. Make the breakup official. I guess I was wrong.

Before I know it I'm in front of my house. I collapse on the front steps exhausted. I try to figure out how this day went from amazing to horrible in a matter of hours. 

I don't know how long I sit here but the sun goes down and it gets really cold. I want to go inside but I just don't have the energy or the will power. What's the point? 

After a while a pair of headlights flash in my eyes. I open then in time to see Emmy step out of his car. I close them again real fast. All I saw was him making out with Nick. 

If anything I just want to make sure he knows how sorry I am. 

"Alexis! What're you doing out here?" I feel myself being pulled into his arms. "Fuck, you're freezing. Let's get you inside. What were you thinking?"

Maybe all hope isn't lost. Or maybe he's just taking care of me like a big brother should.

"Emmy I'm so sorry. So so so so sorry. I didn't mean-" 

"Shh, Bug it's okay." He lifts me up and carries me to my room. "God you're shivering way to hard. How long were you out there?"

I shrug and snuggle under the blankets that he continues to pile on me. I hadn't realized how cold I was. "Emmy, I'm so sorry. I love you so much. I don't wanna loose you." 

I see some sort of conflict cross his face before he slides into the bed next to me, pulling me deep onto his chest. I single in and savor the moment. Who knows how long it'll last?
♠ ♠ ♠
It probably isn't that easy...

Comment? Let's see...

1) Have you ever seen the show Pawn Stars? Do you like it?
2) What's your favorite scent?
3) What's your favorite instrument? Personally, I'm a sucker for guitar.