Status: Done

Illegal Love.

Chapter 22

I can't believe the words that just left Emeryk's lips. 

You're grounded. You're grounded.  You're grounded.

Either way you say it, it sounds just as bad. I haven't been grounded for years. Not even my dad had grounded me. Now Emeryk, my brother and boyfriend, was grounding me. The same man who I thought loved me. I guess I was wrong about that.

I slam my door closed and lock it behind me before crawling under the blankets and shutting my eyed tightly. I won't let him make me cry. I don't want him to make me feel this bad. If I don't cry maybe it won't sting as much. 

Suddenly theres a loud bang on the door. "Alexis Trinity Simmons, open this god damned door." 

"No!" I protest with a shaky breath. 

"I will break this door onto a thousand fucking pieces." He growls. A shiver of fear runs through my body at the threat and I stand to unlock the door. 

He swings it open harshly and I jump back, gazing up at him fearfully. 

"What the hell is your problem?!" He screams. 

Why is he so upset with me? Why wouldn't he just let me pay? I don't understand. The venom in his voice acts like a snake charmer to my tears and they come streaming down my face. 

Emmy's face looses all traces of anger and he steps forward arm raised to wipe away my tears. 

"Don't fucking touch me!" I yell, shoving his hand away. As soon as the words leave my lips I slap my hand over my mouth. 

Emeryk's eyes widen I shock. "You've never cussed at me before." He states in a whisper. "Hell, you've never cussed at anyone before. Alexis, you have to tell me what's wrong. If you don't tell me, I can't fix it." He begs. 

"I c-can't-t tell-l you." I sob. Emeryk steps forward and this time I let him pull me against him. He sits on the bed and pulls me in his lap. 

"Yes, you can. Please. Please, Alexis. I hate this. I hate that I don't know how to make you happy. I hate that you won't talk to me. You've been acting weird ever since the Jacob thing." He pleads, threading his fingers through my hair and rubbing my back in small circles. 

"If I tell you, you might get upset. I don't want you to leave me." I whisper, clutching at his shirt. 

He holds me tighter. "Bug, I would never do that. I love you, okay? I always have and I always will." 

I pull away and slide off his lap, staring at him intently. "Really?"

"Yes. Alexis, I love you. More than anything in the world." 

"Then why'd you kiss Nick?" 

He freezes, eyes wide. "How do you know about that?" 

"I saw you at the party." 

"Why were you even there?" 

"I followed you to try to explain about Jacob." 

".....and that's why I found you outside." 

I ignore his realization. "You didn't even try to push him away! You wanted him, Emeryk. How am I supposed to measure up to him? How am I supposed to keep you when there are guys like him running around kissing you?" 

He stays quiet for a while before standing and pacing, stopping for a few seconds and then resuming his pacing. He continues like this for a couple of minutes. I curl up on my bed and watch him, waiting for him to verbalize whatever he's thinking. 

"Alexis," He kneels down on the floor in front of me. "My precious Bug, me and my heart belong to you, nobody else. I only kissed Nick because I was hurt. I didn't know the whole story and I wasn't thinking. If I could take it back I would without hesitation. You don't need to measure up to anyone because as far as I'm concerned you're the perfect boy. No one comes close to you. I'm not going anywhere."

I feel tears well up in my eyes once again but this time for different reasons. "Really, Emmy? Do you really mean that?"  

He takes my face in both of his hands and pulls my lips down on his in a soft, sweet kiss. "I really do. I really really do." He repeats over and over leaving small butterfly kisses all over my face. 

I giggle and push him away lightly. "I love you. So so so so so much!" 

He laughs and wraps his arms around me tightly, leaving absolutely no air between us. "I love you, too. How can I show you that?" 

I roll my eyes up to the celling and tap my chin slowly. "I have a few ideas." 

Emmy quirks an eyebrow up curiously and I kiss him once more. He's just so darn cute! 
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't resist.
Ideas just hit me in the face sometimes and I can't deny them.
As a result, this is what I give to you :)
I'm really curious as to what you think think Bug wants.

So, question time!
1) Have you read The Umbrella Academy series? What did you think of it?
2) Have you read the Blue Bloods series? Again, what did you think of it?
3) Did you see the MCR song on Glee last week? How exciting was that?