Status: Completed

The Balcony Scene

Chapter 7

No matter how I tried, the sad look in Mike eyes followed me. His sorrowful glances made my stomach churn. I'd never had this problem before,

"What’s wrong?" Vic asked again and again. I said nothing, but I knew eventually I'd end up telling him the whole story. Vic had this way of getting the truth, a way of knowing if I was lying, and I knew good and well that he didn’t believe that nothing was wrong. I hung onto his arm like a lost puppy. I sighed in relief when I saw Mike passed out on the bench,

"Did he hurt you?" Vic asked seriously so serious that it scared me.

"No, it was more like vice versa." I said hoping that he didn’t hear me, but I could tell by the confused look on his face.

"How?" he said his mood lightened, and he sat beside me pulling me close. I glanced at Mike several times before Vic intervened.

"Cherrie, he's passed out he won't hear," he assured me. But I was still worried,

"It’s kind of personal, but I'll tell you," I said with my eyes still glued of Mike's inebriated body,

"he told me he loved me more than he'd ever loved anyone else," I said dropping my head in shame. Vic didn’t say anything.

"Were those his exact words?" he finally asked after many moments of silence. I nodded slowly, Vic's eyes darted around like they always did when he wanted to say something.

"That’s...he's never said that since...shit...I don't even remember," Vic said staring at Mike also with a puzzled look painted across his face. He didn’t say anything more about it. Instead he grabbed my hand,

"Your hands are cold," he announced as if I hadn't already known that. He clasped my hand in his,

"Cherrie, do you love Mike?" Vic asked quietly and sadly, his eyes looked down.

"No... I love you," I said confident that it was true, I can't imagine living without them and trying to adapt again.

"Sweetie, we have to wake up early, let’s get some rest," Vic said standing up and walking toward the bedroom. I followed,

"Hey, I got you some pajamas, a shirt, some pants, and a dress for tomorrow," Vic listed on his fingers.

I smiled "Thanks," I said grabbing the bag from his hands. I pulled out the pajamas and they were skimpy to say the least. I smiled at him

"Really?" I said giving him a look. He nodded excitedly; I staggered into the bathroom and slipped on the nightgown scowling at the mirror. I slipped out hoping he didn't see me, but he did. He grabbed my waist

"You look like a princess," he said a smile crept across my face. I laid down on the uncomfortable bed, admiring the full view of Vic. He ripped away his clothing, leaving only his boxers. His stomach was completely flat, flatter that I though possible. I eyed his body, I knew he was thin, but I never could've imagined how thin he looked. A million thoughts ran through my head

"You are way too skinny," I joked he smiled

"Yeah, I noticed" he said poking his visible ribcage. He pulled on a pair of pants and a thermal ‘Skel-animals’ sleeping shirt.

"So you get to be warm and I get to freeze my ass off in this skimpy little thing?" I said getting off of the bed he nodded.

"That was the plan, but hey, I'll share my warmth with you," he said tackling me onto the bed and blowing in my face, as he held my hands above my head.

"Are you warm yet?" he blasted

"Yessss.... YES IM WARM" I shouted laughing hysterically.

"I don't think you are," he said in a calmer quieter voice. He bent down and kissed my lips, I closed my eyes, and his lips were so intoxicating. Especially when they moved in rhythm with mine, it was like drinking the purest wine he laid down and pulled me into him as if he were my protection blanket. I nuzzled my head into his neck and curled up into a ball; I kissed his neck and began to fall asleep in his arms. Slowly, I drifted into a dreamland of perfection and awoke to the same dreamland of perfection; Vic standing over me pulling my arm.

He handed me the dress, I climbed from the bed, but it was a different bed much more comfortable than the cot in the van. I glanced around; I saw Van Gogh paintings and a small eating table, next to a TV. I figured I was in a motel slowly, I pulled myself out of bed, and glanced at the dress it was very nice it was red and sparkly white checkerboard with a corset in the front. I slid into it with little effort I laced up the pink converse. I staggered from the room, still pretty tired, I heard a wolf whistle I turned to see Vic in a pair of black Capri’s and a pierce the veil tank top like Mike's. I followed Vic and the rest of the crew to the bus.

"So, I heard all the noise last night," Jaime said nudging me. I laughed, pouting like an annoying girl. I remember from school,

"I'm still a virgin, pervert," I informed him punching him in the arm we didn’t need to get on the bus; the photo place was right next door. I walked in to see all the instruments set up, the guys all went to there instruments.

"Okay, guys you know the drill," the nasal woman said evening her camera. Vic pulled me in front of his microphone

"Okay, girl get on your tip toes and kiss Vic," she said moving the camera once more. I really didn’t need to stand on my tip toes to kiss him, but I didn’t want to argue this early in the morning. I kissed Vic feeling like a Barbie, as she snapped picture after picture I could practically feel Mike's eyes burning into my head as I stayed perfectly still lips touching Vic's.

"Okay, now can I get… umm, Mike stand on the other side of the girl," she started cocking her head to make sure she liked where she was.

"Okay now, Vic kiss her right cheek and Mike kiss her left one," she said

"…and Jaime and Tony umm Tony stand by Mike and Jaime stand by Vic yeah just like that," she said the situation couldn’t have gotten more awkward. I just stood there as the lady took pictures mumbling a "Mm-hmm," and "Good, good," every few seconds feeling the brush of Mike's 5 am shadow brushing against my face.

"Okay, that’s good," she said and Mike pulled his lips from my face immediately looking down. He couldn't hide the blush that had spread across his face. No matter how dark he was, he quickly backed up to his drums sitting back down.

"Okay guys, I think that’s all we need. Thanks for coming in so early," she said waving goodbye as we rushed out the door to go eat.

"Vic do you have any Advil?" Mike asked pretending to rip his hair out. "Yeah bro, in the van, I'll show you," Vic said jogging towards the huge RV

"Go with Jaime and Tony, and get some food," Vic shouted to me. I smiled.

"Where are we eating?" I asked with a full smile. It'd been a while since I smiled this much. Tony shrugged and pointed towards a desolate IHOP I shrugged and followed them to the grungy little IHOP, and sat down at a booth,

"What’s going on with Mike?" Jaime asked Tony raising his eyebrow.

"I haven't ever seen him like this, and I've seen him a million different ways," Jaime added it was about that time that a young looking waitress walked up popping her gum so loudly it echoed across the diner.

"What can I get you?" she said not looking up from her tattered notepad.

"OH EM GEEEEE," she squealed so loud it frightened me, but Jaime and Tony seemed unfazed by her sudden outburst.

"You’re Tony and your Jaime from P.T.V!" she said blinking like she was imagining this. Jaime nodded taking the notepad from her hand and flipping to a clean page. "What your name doll" he said winking flirtatiously at her.

"Sarah- Beth," she said

"Sarah-Beth," he repeated rolling the "R" I though she'd faint. Tony grabbed the notepad next and quickly scribbled his signature, shooting a smile her way,

"You...you're the infamous Cherrie Hamilton," Sarah-Beth said retrieving her notepad and handing it to me

"Can you sign it please? I want to show my friends that I talked to Vic's girlfriend, maybe say were friends," she said with a pleading smile to me we were friends. I never expected anyone would want my autograph I didn’t make music all. I did was hang around, and listen.

"To my bestie, Sarah from Cherrie Hamilton," I wrote in my best handwriting, it was about that time that the boss yelled at her to do her job. I smiled to myself

I am the infamous Cherrie Hamilton.