Status: R.I.P Mason :(

This Can't Be Happening

He's gone?

"You will need to learn these for the exam." our teacher Mr. Blain said.

There was a knock on the door that led to the teacher's lounge and one of the other science teachers stuck his head in the room.

"Mr. Blain we need to talk to you." he said then he was gone.

Mr. Blain put his marker down and walked to the back of the classroom where all the science teachers were waiting. He walked through the door closing it behind him.

We could hear somebody crying hysterically.

Mr. Blain walked back into the room.

"We're done for the day. Throughout the day you might notice people missing. Something terrible happened this morning. And you all will find out later." with that he turned back to the board and earsed what he had written.

"What happened?" the girl who sat behind me asked.

Mr. Blain turned to face her.

"There was an accident this morning." he leaned aagainst the desk.

"And the person died?" she questioned.

"What do you think?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Do you know who it was?" she persisted.

"No. But you'll find out." he walked back to the door and closed it behind him.

We all looked at each other trying to figure out who it was. Mr. Blain walked back into the room. He looked at the girl and had a very sad look on his face.

"Mason Cole." he simply said.

Jake who was standing up, dropped his gatorade bottle and gaped. "No. Not Mason. No it wasn't him."

Mr. Blain simply nodded his head.

Jake collapsed into his desk putting his head in his hands. "I was just with him yesterday. We were talking about him becoming a fire fighter. Are you sure it was him?" he asked Mr. Blain.

He simply nodded again.

The room fell silent as everybody processed what just happened.

Mason Cole, star of the school with the goofy smile that made everybody smile was gone.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I don't know." he shrugged.

"Oh my God." I whispered.

The bell rang and we were dismissed.

The crying never stopped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Today Mason Cole died in a car accident. He wasn't wearing his seatbelt and was ejected from his truck dieing instantly. I didn't know him very well but everybody around me was crying all day. It's seemes so surreal. It's like he'll be at school laughing and smiling tomorrow. But he won't. It was never supposed to happen like this.

Please wear your seatbelt.

Rest in Paradise Mason. :(