Status: Once a week, active

Phobic.

Teatime.

The air is icy and bitter, but still, as I walk down the silent road. The asphalt is wet from a recent rain, vibrant red leaves stick to it, the color popping with it's black background.
The house is not hard to spot, actually, not seeing it would be almost impossible; It stands alone, with no other dwellings in sight, the three story residence is made of limestone, black architecture framing the over hang of the roof and windows, a small circular tower rises up from the left side of the roof. The property is encased by a spiked iron fence.

I stop outside the gate, placing my pale hand on the cold iron, sprinkled with rain drops. I adjust the strap of my messenger bag that's swung over left shoulder. Taking in a giant breath, I push it open slowly, taking my first step onto the lengthy cobblestone walkway.

My eyes dart around, the eerie silence seems to be the perfect scene for something to jump out. I break into a jog.
I reach the large porch, the overhang supported by two white columns, and lick my lips.
Standing with my shoulders back, chest out, and head high, I press the door bell buzzer, listening to the soft melody ring though the house for a barely a moment.

The door swings open almost immediately, making me blink in slight surprise. A tall, slender woman with a pleasant smile stands in front of me. She's in her mid 30's, skin perfectly sun kissed and highlighted light brown tresses fall to at least the middle of her back. Her bright green eyes stand out, lids accented with shimmering gold shadow, eye lashes long and thick.

I'm reminded of my short stature, clammy pale skin and stringy red hair, and I feel very plain in comparison.

"You must be Beth, I'm Clarissa Odin"
She sticks her hand out, I take hold of it, shaking it gentle as I walk inside.

The entree way is lain with polished marble, the walls hung with beautifully painted portraits that seem to go back to 15th century.
Glass cases hold magnificently painted urns and jeweled crosses.

"Would you like a cup of tea while we talk about why your here?"
Clarissa appears next to me.

"That sound delightful"
I say, smiling. A cup of warm tea is just what my chilled bones need.

Soon I find myself sitting across from the blonde woman in a cozy parlor, hot tea cup of peppermint tea clutched in my hands, steam from the liquid swirling upward.
I bring it up to my lips, taking a sip carefully.

"Now I'm sure you have a few questions, I know I didn't give too much information over the phone"
Clarissa stares down at her own cup, methodically stirring it.

I nod, setting my drink down on it's saucer that sits on the table in front of me.
"Yes, actually, I am curious about a few things"

She looks up at me through her lashes.
"Go on"

"Well" I start, running a hand through my hair "I don't understand why you picked me, I'm only a student, and it seems you could easily get a professional, someone with a PhD in psychology, not someone working on getting one"
I state, looking around the lavishly decorated room.

She chuckles faintly, tapping her spoon on the edge of her tea cup gently, before setting it aside.
"I had a feeling you would bring that up" She takes a sip of her tea, and stays quiet for a long moment, before beginning.
"Matthew has many, many phobia's, as his care taker, I can assuredly say that his most defined and extreme is trust with people, especially with adults, and mostly adult men. We've been through 4 of the best psychiatrist's in the state, and even one from out of state.
None of them were successful, if anything, it's worsened his problem. You're young, yes, but I think that may be the best-less threatening to him you see. After talking with your professor, despite being the youngest in your class, you get the highest grades. I believe that you are my last hope for getting through to him. If it doesn't work, he will be sent to a mental institution"
She trails off, looking away.

I lean back in my seat, trying absorb everything she just said.
"Well, that's defiantly a lot to take in"

"If you don't think you can handle it, tell me now"
She proclaims, staring me dead in the eye.

"I can handle, Ms. Odin. Believe me, I will get through to him"
I reach across the table and place my hand on hers lightly. She swivels her wrist and clutches my hand tightly, her colorful eyes shine intensely with a mixture of worry and hope.

"He's like my brother, I love him, don't let him slip any further away Beth, don't let him lose himself forever"
Her voice cracks, her eyes welling up.

"I won't, I swear, he's going to get better"
I give her hand a little squeeze and smile slightly. She wipes her eyes and nods.

"Okay, well I guess it's time you meet him"
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter will be up tomorrow. Thank you for reading. Feedback of any kind is welcome.