Status: Short story.

Wildflowers.

Cock Block.

“Can I get a Mocha frappuccino with two shots of espresso?”

“Size?”
I thought about it before grinning at the lady. “Grande.”

“Your name?” she asked politely.

“Pat.”

She wrote down my name with a smile before charging me. I paid for my drink before walking to the side letting the people behind me to go up next. I stood there tapping my fingers against the wooden wall that was separating us from the workers. I let my curious eyes take a look around at the very hipster coffee shop. I watched as everyone was connected to their computers. I pushed back my mess of hair before shoving my hands into my pockets.

“Pat.”

I heard my name being yelled out and a plastic cup like thing being slid across the wooden counter. I glanced down at it before taking it in my hand. I grabbed the straw that was placed besides it before throwing it in. I gave the guy a smile before walking towards the door, my eyes down on the drink in hand. I didn’t even notice the door being swung open and the warm body being knocked into me and with a big splash the drink was all over the cement pavement.

“Fuck.”

“Oh my god, I am so sorry Pat!”

I looked up at the sound of that angelic voice. I saw Rebecca looking over at me with a frown. Of course it would be here; at my clumsiest of moments there she was to be a part of it.

“It was my fault.”

“No, completely mine. I wasn’t looking where I was going and fuck, let me buy you another one.”

“No, it’s completely fine.”

“No it’s not, I’m so sorry. I’ve never been one to be the most gracious person.”

“Either have I”, I admitted with a laugh.

“Just let me buy you another one.”

“It’s fine really; I didn’t need all that caffeine. I’m thinking my Mom sent you here to stop me from that devil spread across the floor.”

“She did”, she said with a serious tone nodding her head. “And she told me to buy you another one, so you better not disobey your momma.”

I let out a laugh before she grabbed my hand and pulled me into the coffee shop. The line longer than it was before. I watched Rebecca look around the place, a displeased look on her face as her eyes scanned everyone.

“Why is everyone so fucking trendy?”

“It is a coffee shop.”

“I forgot coffee shops are the land of the hipsters.”

I let out a laugh as she continued on with her rant on the life of a hipster. We continued to chit chat, well mostly her talking. I learned everything there was to learn from this girl just from the 10 minutes we were in line. From her inability to share to her hate of cuddling.

“So tell me something about yourself Patrick?”

“What do you want to know?” I asked as I looked over at her lick the whip cream from the plastic cup, I couldn’t help but to feel aroused.

“How long have you been drumming?”

“Since I was about 10”, I said with a smile. “Ever since I was little I’ve never been able to stand still, I was always tapping shit. So finally my Dad threw me on the drums and I couldn’t stay away since.”

“I wish my parents put me into something like that but I was more into sports. In high school I was in cross country, soccer, and lacrosse but oddly enough I hated running.”

“That’s weird.”

“I’m weird, I can’t help it.”

I let out a laugh before we walked back into the venue flashing our passes to be let by. We continued talking as we sat outside taking a seat on the table just outside the back entrance. We talked about high school, our parents and just about everything. For once I felt comfortable with this girl and I was able to talk to her just about everything.

“Hey guys.”

I looked up and saw John standing above us smiling down at Rebecca with that smirk of his. That smirk that always got all the girls, I hated that smirk. I looked over at Rebecca and saw her eating it up as her smile was bigger than ever. I thought she was different but
apparently that O’Callaghan charm had strike again.

“So you guys went to get coffee without me?”

“Well actually I went to get coffee but then I bumped into Pat and knocked down his entire drink”, she said with a smile looking from John to I. “I’m apparently as graceful as swan lake, so I bought him another one.”

“Well that was sweet of you”, John said smiling over at Rebecca before turning to look at me, motioning me to leave but I stood still. “Pat don’t you have some kind of interview?”

“Nope”, I said with a smile before taking a drink, letting the straw making a loud suction noise.

“I thought you did, why don’t you go and find Moose and ask him?”

“I’ll just text him.”

John looked over at me with a glare before turning to Rebecca with a smile. She must have noticed the tension in the air, because frankly it was pretty thick. She let out a small giggle before looking down at her phone.

“Well I have some pictures to take for 3Oh!3, so I’ll see you guys around.”

“Hey Rebecca”, John said as she stood up.

“Yes?”

“There’s a party tonight if you’d like to go.”

“Sounds fun”, she said with a smile before looking over at me.

I looked down at her glance and just listened as John and her talk. Finally she walked away and I felt John staring at me.

“What the hell cock block?”

“Who was a cock block?”

I looked up to see Kennedy walking over to us and then taking a seat next to me. John looked away from Kenny to point at me.

“Dipshit here.”

“How was he a cock block?”

“He wouldn’t fuck leave!” he yelled with frustration. “I like hinted it dude, you didn’t get it?”

“No.”

“Typically Pat man”, John said with a laugh before standing up. “Stoked for tonight, if I come back to the bus with Rebecca tonight please don’t cock block again.”

And with that he walked away, I could hear the whistle coming from his lips. I felt sick, I wanted to punch John. I looked over at Kennedy and saw that he was laughing. I looked over at him with a questioning look but he continued to laugh.

“You totally wanted to kick John’s ass.”

“Yup.”

“So I’m guessing you like Rebecca?”

“How do you know?”

“Everyone does”, he said with a laugh. “John’s just too stupid to realize that.”

“Or he doesn’t care.”

“John would care, you know if he’d know you liked her he would have backed off. John doesn’t have feelings for girls anymore, he just wants to get it in and then leave.”

“That’s John.”

“Not everyone could be the commitment type and John definitely isn’t”, he said with a laugh.

“So I think you should make a move.”

“What?”

“Make a move on Rebecca tonight, just tell her straight out that you think she’s beautiful and you want to bone her.”

“Kenny”, I said with a laugh.

“Nah, but really man just tell her you think she’s beautiful and that you like her or some shit like that.”

“I can’t do that.”

“Why?”

“I don’t want to be a cock block.”
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter left (:
I really liked this story, way too short for my liking but i couldn't turn it in a big story just because i have a couple of other stories that needed more attention. I think Pat is cute, and i made him into the more serious type. People don't really get to this side of him, everyone thinks he's just some big goofball. That's how he is always portrayed in every story, and i have fallen victim to the whole Pat is nothing more than a child.

Tell me what you think? (:
Do you think Pat will get the girl?