Status: Updates slower then usual..sorry

One Girl In An All Boys Boarding School

Life's A Bitch!

***Still on Wynter’s POV***
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>
He sighed again and pulled me to a small hill top, under a pine tree. We sat where there was shade. He laid his head against the tree like as if he was about to take a nap. I sat crossed legged. He sighed again then began to explain. At least he was all calmed now.

“A few years ago, my only little brother and I got into an accident. The day of the accident, hours before it happened, we decided to go play some baseball in the park. We had a great time of course. Until it was time to head home, It was pretty late and dark. At first there road was pretty empty, until, out of nowhere, a truck appeared. It all happened too fast. Luckily I missed the truck. So I figured everything was fine now. That’s when we crashed into a tree. At least the little guy was still okay after all that. But then the car got stuck. So I told Sean, my brother, to lock the door while I try to push the car. So I got out of the car and started pushing. After hours of pushing, I finally got the car loose. Then came noises,” he paused.

Tears slowly rolled down his face.

“When I went to see where the noise was coming from, there stood a tree, on top of the car my brother was in.

My eyes widened. Poor guy!

“Before I could reach him in time, it was too late. He was already—“he stopped.

He stood up and punched the tree. He punched it so hard; it got a deep a hole, going right through the tree. I was so scared now. He was even more pissed. Maybe it was a bad idea asking him.

“Because of me his dead,” he yelled.
“Calm down Parker,” I murmured.
“Calm down! Calm down! How the hell can i? all my life, I’ve been filled and tortured with this guilt and constant regret. There’s never a time to calm down,” he said, constantly yelling.

I felt really bad for him. I stood up and gently took his hand, pulling him away from the tree. I took him to the lake where we both sat nearby. I could feel his impulse. So intense! So much stress, anger, frustration. I just had to get rid of all his negative energy.

“Sometimes the best way to get rid of all that regret and constant guilt is through talking about it. I’m here for you Parker,’ I smiled warmly.

He sighed again.

“After the accident, I was afraid of going back home, afraid of what my parents would think but I had no choice but to. I called my dad to come. I told him where we were. All I said was that it was important. Once he arrived, I explained to him what had happened. I told him about the accident, I told him Sean was dead. He punched and beat the shit out of me. He actually though I killed him on purpose,” he continued,” you see, my father and I have never been on good terms ever since I was 6. But he and Sean were so close. He thought I killed Sean just to gain his attention. Like as if I even cared about what he though of me. It just made us drift apart even more. When we arrived home and when my mum found out, she was beyond upset. I don’t know how many times I had to apologize. Since then, I haven’t been eating for 3 weeks. I started smoking instead and drinking to ease the pain. I even locked myself in my room constantly listening to anything depressing and too loud for me to think. Like hard rock or metal. It wasn’t long until my mum sent me for counseling. One night when I snuck out to an empty alley to smoke, I felt ‘different’.

He paused again. He kept starring at his reflection in the water.

“My body started changing,” he continued, “my hearing and eye sight felt abnormal. Suddenly I could see things miles away, as well as hear things from high Buildings just when I was at the bottom or even further away. I looked at a nearby glass window. My hair changed from black to red and from brown eyes to dark green. But they kept changing from red to blue to pink and so on. As they kept changing, I heard voices in my head saying “sad”, “happy”, “angry”. I soon realized, somehow I had powers. When my rents found out they immediately kicked me out.”

“What!” I exclaimed. That wasn’t fair!

“I felt betrayed but there was nothing I could do about it. So I just packed my stiff and left. I was living with an old friend I once met at a bar. He was just like me. Addicted to drugs and alcohol. Years later—“

“Years?’ I cut him off. He was 16 at that time and his 18 now, how can he say ‘years later’.

“I’m immortal,” he said,
“Oh,” I murmured.
“As I as saying, years later, my mum visited me one day. She asked to come back into my life. I wanted to say no. I mean after all, she did kick me out of her life now she wants me back.”
“So you said no, right?” I asked.
“I wanted to but I knew I couldn’t so I let her in,” he continued, “So we caught up and talked for some time. She kept nagging about how I hadn’t aged a bit.’

I can see it too.

“She told me, dad and her got problems so they divorced. I was actually happy when she got a divorce from that douche. Months later, I moved I with her. Weeks later, I woke up to someone busy shaking me. It was my mum. I wondered what she wanted. I soon felt my hands being cuffed. I wondered what the hell was going on. Until I found out I was being arrested. My mum accused me of trying to kill her with my powers. I couldn’t believe it, my own mother. Of course I spent half a year in jail. When I got back home, she was gone. She took all my money, all my stuff, cigars and alcohol. I regret bringing her back into my life. That’s why I gave you attitude back there. I had a mental breakdown, thinking you were her asking to come back into my life, thinking I should have just said no. You see! This is what regret does to me and trying to calm down won’t help cause it never does,” he said. The he paused.

It got awkward now because there wasn’t much to say anymore.

”I try to forget,” he finally spoke, “but nothing works. It just makes things worse. I’ve been through a lot of shit all my life.”