Status: This is for you Laria!!

Coffee and Cigarettes

Demon Child

*Isabeau is pronounced Iza-Bow *
“This is my melody and it’s just the raver’s fantasy. Cause I know if you’re in love with me tonight, you’ll rave it through the night.” My little sister sang along with her stereo in the bathroom, awaking me from yet another dream about dead people. Then I heard the shower. Damn, I hate when she gets the shower first. She’s almost thirteen but she takes the longest showers.
I rolled my closed eyes and rolled off my bed. The thing is on the floor anyway so it’s not like it hurt a ton. I groaned anyway and got to my feet. Looking around my room I saw that it was in exactly the same state as yesterday. Clothes strew around the room, along with countless papers, books, CDs, and movies. “I have got to clean my room.” I said out loud. I looked at my calendar on the wall. Apparently, it was Wednesday the 21 of July. Ok, so I take to morning shift with Demon-Child, Isabeau and Ollivander will come home for lunch and then Ollivander will stay home with Demon-Child for the rest of the day. Isabeau will take me to work and then go to work. Saturday morning is the Market and Sunday is Demon-Child’s thirteenth birthday.
I took another look around my room. I’ll declare a cleaning day with Demon-Child so we can get everything done before lunch. I put on a pair of slippers and a pair of sunglasses before turning the knob on my door and opening it.
Sunglasses were a smart idea because as usual it was bright as fuck in the apartment. I never really understood that. I mean our past is so depressing yet out apartment is way bright and happy. The walls in the hall ways and living area were orange. We had pictures in the walls that all of us have drawn, and several that out parents and grandparents had drawn. I turned the corner into the yellow kitchen and sat on my usual chair. Isabeau arched her pierced eyebrow at my arrival. I just groaned and slammed my head against the table.
Ollivander, who had apparently, appeared out of nowhere, laughed. "Did you stay up late?" She asked. I nodded my head, which was slightly awkward because it was still on the table.
"And," Isabeau said, "I'm guessing that Jaiden’s 'raver fantasy' woke you up a lot earlier than you would like." I nodded. Someone (probably Ollivander) put a hand on my back and hugged me. I sighed and lifted my head to look at my sisters.
Isabeau is the oldest, and also the only one to get the present from our parents. She's nineteen and amazingly pretty. She has very long red hair, piercing green eyes, and a very random assortment of freckles. Izie was the main provider for us during the school year, because Jaiden was going into seventh grade this September, I was going into tenth, and Ollivander is a senior, Izie is the only one who can work full time. It gets really, really tight with money during the school year. Ollivander and I help with part-time jobs whenever we can.
Ollivander is a very magical seventeen year-old. She has slightly shorter reddish hair, crap-tons of freckles and Dad’s blue eyes. She can fix any problem by singing or playing Dad’s old guitar. The guitar, gosh it was so old yet probably the best kept acoustic ever. When we were younger Olive was bad at making friends. Kids would tease her and hurt her a lot for the way she dressed or her family or even her name. She had an imaginary friend named Jack. Jack was really a ghost that just needed to pass on. He was our grandfather, who died when Olive was five. Olive was always his favorite. He used to call her Oliver because she was more masculine than feminine. She was still a little bit like that but she’s gotten more girly as the years go on. Anyway long story short, grandpa wouldn’t go bye-bye until Olive was really happy. Our dad though that if he taught Olive how to play guitar it might help. She was six when he started to teach her. It was pretty instantaneous after that. She never put the guitar down, but as soon as she got super into it and played full songs and sung with them, Jack went away. Olive was so sad that he left. Mom suggested that we name the guitar after Jack to remember him. Olive, to this day, never goes anywhere without a musical interment.
Next in line is me.Laria Caitlin Kaehler, sixteen years old, red hair blue eyes, and hopelessly lost. It always seems kind of pathetic but when Mom and Dad got killed I think I was the least effected of all out us. We all lost a lot that day, but with four sisters and two parents it was hard for all of us to be a favorite of one of the parents. Izie was the favorite of both of them. She was so controlled when they were around, she seemed like a perfect child to an observer. She was their big girl. Olive was Dad’s favorite, in that day she lost a mentor, an idol, and her dad. She was the most creative out of all of us. Jaiden was Mom’s favorite, her pretty pink girl. I was just there. I don’t play anything, I don’t control myself well, and I dislike the color pink. I believe in peace and harmony. The word ‘hate’ is my least favorite, whereas my sisters throw it around like a Frisbee.
Sometimes I wonder why I’m in this family. Olive says that I hold the family together and prevent us from killing each other. Izie says it’s because Mom and Dad wanted four kids. I didn’t ask Jaiden.
Jaiden in the most creative twelve-almost-thirteen-year-old ever. She has so much faith in everyone. She just can’t assume that somebody is bad until she has learned firsthand. She has reddish-blonde hair and Mom’s green eyes. The freckles that dot the bridge of her nose are completely adorable too. I have no idea what it is about this child but you can’t help but love her. Until you actually get to know her and you realize that she is a demon is disguise. She finds anyway possible to get around doing chores or any other form of work that’s not cleaning her room. Oddly enough, she enjoys cleaning her room.
Izie snapped her fingers in front of my face. I blinked several times and took in the world around me. On the table was a plate of tofu bacon, four plates full of broccoli cheese omelets, some orange juice, and toast. I scooped the food onto my plate and began to eat. Oh, and were pretty strict vegetarians, it was all Olive’s idea.
“So, Jaiden, are you excited for your birthday?” Olive asked her. Jaiden practically bounced her way out of the chair. Ok, so thirteenth birthdays are a big deal with us. Our parents met on our mom’s thirteenth birthday. So when we turned thirteen our parents gave us a necklace that in script said a word that was important to us. Izie was the only one to get her necklace from our parents. They were killed two weeks after her birthday. Olive and I got our necklaces from our Grandmother who took us in after our parents’ death. But our Grandmother passed away last spring. So it was up to us to get Jaiden’s and pass on the story, and the legacy.
“I’m so excited!” She said, still bouncing. I cringed at her hyper-ness.
“That’s good, because this year you finally get to learn about the Kaehler secret!” Olive looked at her watch, and piled some more food into her mouth before flicking Izie. They got up from the table and cleared their dishes, said goodbyes, and left leaving me and Demon Child sitting at the table together.
“You know I’m gonna make you clean today, right?” I asked. She sighed before nodding her head. “Good, let’s get to work.”
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Comment, subscribe. Two comments for an update. =) yes I know I am a bad person but that's not a lot. OLIVELOVESYOU3