Status: Finished

This Is My Love

Count On Me

Image

I held the blanket close to my body as I sat up from the warm confines of Pete's arms and smiled down to him as he ran his fingers in small circles on the bare skin of my back. He sighed contently.
"That was amazing," he whispered as he gazed up at me. "You were amazing."

I glanced away from him shyly and laughed before returning my eyes back to him. I stared silently for a moment, before an idea popped into my head. I smiled to myself as I pulled the blanket away from my naked body and made my way over to the acoustic guitar that sat at the edge of the blanket. Peter sat up and examined me questioningly as I sat down and pulled the guitar onto my lap. I looked over to him and smiled.

"Do you remember the song we wrote when we were 16?" I asked. He laughed.
"Which one?" He questioned, referring to the fact that we had written so many songs together when we were young. I laughed, and instead of answering him with words, I simply began to play the song.

Almost as soon as soon as I began to play the first chord, he let out a laugh.
"Oh, that one," he stated, seemingly embarrassed of the song we had written and sang together so many years ago. The song we lovingly titled "Count On Me".

"Are you going to sing it with me?" I asked him through a smile as I continued to play. He laughed and nodded his head.
"If I remember it," he stated.

We when we wrote it, it was written as a sort of duet, each of us having our own verses that we sang to each other. So, I began to sing my designated verse that I had written.

"If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea, I'll sail the world to find you.
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see, I'll be the light to guide you.
We'll find out what we're made of, when we're called to help our friends in need."


Pete joined in on the chorus that we had written together, a bright smile on both of our faces as we sang,
"You can count on me like 1, 2, 3, and I'll be there.
And I know that if I have to I can count on you like 4, 3, 2, and you'll be there.
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah."


We harmonized together perfectly, our voices complimenting each others, just like we used to.
The verse that Pete wrote was up next, so, he began to sing as I continued to play.

"If you're tossing and you're turning and you just can't fall asleep,
I'll sing a song beside you.
And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me,
Oh, everyday I will remind you.
We'll find out what we're made of when we're called to help a friend in need."


Once again, we began to sing together,
"You can count on me like 1, 2, 3, and I'll be there.
And I know that if I have to I can count on you like 4, 3, 2, and you'll be there.
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah."

Next, Peter began to sing,
"You'll always have my shoulder when you cry.
I'll never let go, never say goodbye."


We both repeated the chorus together, before singing the last line.
"You can count on me 'cause I can count on you." As I strummed the last chord and let it ring out for a moment.

We laughed together for a minute before quieting down, both of us letting our own separate memories run through our minds. After a moment, I shook my head and smiled as I looked up to Pete.
"You really were my best friend on earth, Bruno," I whispered. He returned my smile as he nodded his head.
"I know," he paused, "and you were mine," he spoke quietly as his eyes jumped around my features.

I placed the guitar down beside me before crawling over to him and over his legs to place myself on his lap, facing him with my arms around his neck. He placed his hands on my bare waist and smiled up to me.
"You know you just fulfilled one of my fantasies, right?" he asked playfully. I laughed.

"And what fantasy would that be, Mr. Hernandez?" I questioned as I played with the hair at the base of his skull.

"You, naked, playing my guitar," he paused for a moment to lean back slightly and scan the naked body that sat on his lap, before looking back up to me and smirking. "Or, any instrument, really."

I let out an airy laugh.
"I'm glad I could help," I stated, earning a broad smile from him.

"Oh, you helped alright," he spoke playfully before flipping us over, causing me to let out a series of giggles. Once I was on my back, he stared down at me and smiled as he reached up and brushed some hair away from my face.

"I'm crazy about you, baby," he whispered tenderly, before leaning down and attaching his lips to mine. We kissed passionately for a minute, but pulled apart when Pete's phone began to ring from his pants.
He shook his head and groaned, causing me to laugh.

"It's getting late, anyway. I'm getting a little chilly," I stated, giving him an apologetic smile. He returned my smile and nodded his head before sitting up. He grabbed his pants and fished out the ringing phone before looking at the screen. I watched him as he bit his lip and quickly rejected the call, stopping the ringing. He dropped the phone onto the ground and looked back over to me, giving me a forced smile.

"Who was that?" I asked, pulling my eyebrows together questioningly. He shook his head.
"No one important," he replied. I wasn't assured, and was still suspicious of his strange actions, but dropped it anyway, deciding that it wasn't my business in the first place.

We both got dressed and Pete gathered the blanket and guitar while I grabbed the untouched wine bottle and glasses, before placing them in the trunk. Pete opened my door for me and I got into the car before waiting for him to do the same, and we drove off.

"Will sleep at my house tonight?" Pete asked, smiling over to me. I laughed and quickly nodded my head.
"I'd like that," I replied.

The rest of the ride was quiet, both of us listening to the music that came through the speakers as Pete rested his hand on top of mine. Finally, we arrived at Pete's house. I examined it from the inside of the car as I waited for him to get to my side of the car and open my door like he told me to. His house was modest, but nice, clearly showing that he had a bit of money these days. I got out of the car and walked up to the door with Pete, our hands entwined. He let go of my hand and put the key into the lock, but didn't open the door. I pulled my eyebrows together as I examined him.

"What's wrong?" I asked, concerned of his worried expression.
"The door is already unlocked," he replied before turning to me grabbing my wrist.
"Stay behind me," he demanded. I nodded my head and stayed still as he turned around and opened the door.

I peered over his shoulder as he protectively kept me behind him, his hand wrapped firmly around my wrist. We crept down the short hallway and towards the opening on the left that lead into his living room where a light was on. We were about to get there, when a girl emerged from the room, causing me to jump as Pete's hand tightened around my wrist for a moment.

Pete seemed to know the girl, and he dropped his hand from my wrist.
"Natasha! What the fuck?" he hollered at the girl who stood in front of us, her hands placed on her hips and an annoyed look on her face.

"I tried calling you, Peter! Where have you been?" she asked, but when she caught sight of me standing silently behind Pete, she straightened herself out, and an angry look took over her features.

"Who the fuck is this?" she asked threateningly before flipping her dark brown hair over her shoulder. I watched Pete as his eyes dropped down to the ground and he stayed silent. I emerged from behind him and gave Pete a questioning look.

"Pete, who is this?" I asked, timidly. He raised his gaze to me and opened his mouth to answer, but "Natasha" quickly butted in.

"I'm his girlfriend"
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Sexy.

=O
WHAT??

Long and boring, I know, but it's kind of just a filler, you know? Besides, the beginning was kind of cute, right?
Comments PLEASE PLEASE! I got lots of them last time, and appreciate the people who made that happen! I hope it can happen again!

You're loved by,
-Kate
<3!

Post Script.
The song that they sang is called "Count On Me", and it's by, of course, our wonderful Bruno Mars! It's a really cute song, so if you haven't heard it, go look it up and listen to it!!