Status: Finished

This Is My Love

We'll Find Out What We're Made Of

"I'm his girlfriend," she stated smugly before looking me up and down. "Who are you?" she asked, an attitude clear in her voice.
I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. Why didn't Pete tell me he had a girlfriend? And, he cheated on her with me!
I was so angry, I didn't even want to look at him. He deceived me, and even worse, I don't think he would have ever told me.

"I'm just his friend," I mumbled before turning on my heel and walking out of the house. I made it out of the front door, when I heard Pete start to yell for me to stop.

"Ano! Wait! I'm sorry, but please let me explain!" he hollered, and soon, Natasha began to yell after Pete.
"What the hell are you chasing after her for? You should be explaining to me! Peter, get back here!" she practically screamed, but Pete ignored her, and continued pursuing me. I pulled my phone out of my purse and began to dial the number to the cab service, but by then Pete had caught up to me, and pulled my phone out of my hand. I turned around and huffed.

"Peter, give me my cellphone back," I demanded, holding my hand out for him to place the phone on, but he didn't.
"Not until you let me explain," he replied, holding the phone behind his back like a child. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Keep it, I'll walk," I mumbled before turning on my heel to continue to walk down the sidewalk, but Pete grabbed my wrist.
"Ano, please," he begged quietly. I dropped my shoulders in defeat before turning back around to face him again.

"Explain what, Peter? That you had a girlfriend this whole time and didn't tell me? That you made me the other woman?"
"You aren't the other woman, Ano. You've always been my woman," he cut me off, his eyes pleading for my forgiveness. I shook my head.

"Pete, why didn't you tell me?" I asked, having a hard time trying to stay made at him. His eyes dropped down to the ground for a moment before returning to me.

"I don't love Natasha. I haven't loved anyone else but you. You came back into my life so fast with no warning, and all I wanted to do was be with you. I had no time to break things off with Natasha, and I just couldn't keep myself from you," he explained.

My eyes wandered to the ground as I thought it over, and for a moment, I wanted to just give up on trying to be angry with him right then and there, but I knew it wouldn't be right. I looked back up to him with tears threatening to fall from my eyes.
"You explained, now can I have my phone back?" I whispered, holding my hand out again. His expression held lost hope as he brought the phone out from behind his back and placed it in my hand.

"I need time to think, Pete," I stated before turning back around and walking away, leaving him standing there to stare after me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it was so short and everything. I have a major headache and have been sick the past few days. But, I wanted to update since you've all been so wonderful!
Thanks so much, and comments would be wonderful!

You're loved by,
-Kate.