Status: Finished

This Is My Love

I'll Be Okay Tomorrow

He laid me down on my couch and took a seat on the other end, propping my feet on his lap. I took in a deep breath and released it slowly. I refused to open my eyes, but could feel that Pete was staring at me. After a moment, he spoke.
"How are you feeling, baby?" he spoke quietly, probably knowing of the large headache that took residence in my skull. I sighed and threw my arm over my head.

"I'm fine," I mumbled before opening one of my eyes just enough to look at Pete without him knowing. His head was titled forward and he was staring down at my feet that were still placed on his lap.

"I'm sorry, Ano. It was really dumb of me not to tell you about Natasha. I just wasn't thinking," he whispered before glancing over to me. I opened my eyes the rest of the way and gazed back at him in silence. After a moment of examining his sincere features, I rolled my eyes and sighed once again, only this time, it was through a small smile.

"Just don't let it happen again," I teased, letting him know that he was forgiven. He smiled wide before removing my feet from his lap and standing up to make his way over to the side of the couch and getting on his knees in front of me. He reached over and brushed some of my hair out of my face before resting his hand in my hair and stroking my scalp with the pad of his thumb. He studied my features for a moment, his smile never leaving his face, before returning his eyes back to mine.

"I'll never hurt you again. It's a promise," he whispered before slowly moving his face towards mine until we were just inches apart.
"I love you, Ano," he stated. I let out an airy laugh.

"You fucking better," I joked before grabbing the back of his neck and pulling him in the rest of the way to connect our lips, knocking his fedora off of his head in the process. He smiled into the kiss and pushed his hand further into my hair, seemingly relieved.
♠ ♠ ♠
So short and poorly written, I know! I'm so sorry!
I sat down to write and got a text from my friend to hang out so I needed to get ready and go pick him up. I tried to write as much as I could, but I rushed, so it came out terrible. I'll update again really soon, I promise. I'm sorry this one took forever.
Hope you all had amazing holidays and a very happy new years!

You're all loved by,
-Kate