Status: Finished

This Is My Love

Baby, Please Don't Go Away

After showering, getting dressed, and getting some lunch, we hung out at Pete's house for most of the day, just watching movies and playing music together like old times. It wasn't until about 6:00 in the evening that Pete turned to me and smiled slyly.
"So, I had a great idea last night and I've kind of been waiting until now to ask you about," he informed me, still putting no effort towards hiding his devious smile. I lowered my eyebrows and gave him a questioning, and somewhat fearful look.

"Oh, how I hate that smile," I stated, my tone of voice letting him know that I was beyond nervous at what possible scheme he may have came up with last night. He laughed at my comment before continuing.

"Well, I can't tell you everything since it's a bit of a surprise, but, would you be willing to go with me somewhere tonight?" he asked, his eyes pleading me to say yes, though he knew I hated surprises. My eyes shot around the room as I thought for a moment, before looking back to him.

"I mean, I guess so, as long as it's nothing extravagant," I joked, motioning to my less than formal attire. He laughed and relaxed into the back of the couch while keeping his eyes on me.

"It's nothing of the sort," he stated in mock intelligent tone before returning his eyes back to the television screen, trying to ignore my increasingly suspicious stare.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At 8:00 Pete's phone began to ring, snapping me out of my transfixed stare on the television screen. Pete shifted beneath me and pulled his phone out of his pocket before answering it and putting it up to his ear.
"Hey," he spoke casually to the person on the other end. I could hear a male voice coming out of the speaker, but couldn't make out what they were saying. They exchanged a couple short sentences before Pete hung up his phone and put it back into his pocket. He pulled me a little closer to me and returned his attention back to the movie. I tilted my head back a little and looked up to him to study his features for a moment. He didn't look back at me, he only continued to watch the movie.
A lowered my eyebrows for a moment in suspicion, but decided to leave it alone and continue to watch the movie.

About 10 minutes later, I heard a car pull up out front of Pete's house. I looked up to Pete, who straightened himself out and looked out the window across the room before looking down to me and smiling.
"Time to go, baby," he stated as he took his arm away from my waist so I could sit up. We both stood up and I stretched for a moment as Pete gathered our shoes and my purse. I grabbed them from him and we both placed our shoes on our feet. I hardly had a chance to finish slipping my second shoe on my foot before Pete was grabbing my hand and dragging me to the door.

"Slow down, Bruno. What's the hurry?" I asked through a laugh as we got to the front door. He looked over to me and smiled.

"They're waiting," he stated simply. I furrowed my eyebrows.
"Who?" I asked. But, instead of answering, he simply opened the door and stepped aside for me to walk out onto the porch. When I got outside, I spotted a large, black SUV with tinted windows waiting in the driveway behind Pete's car. I spun around to face Pete, who was already smiling at me.

"What's this?" I asked Pete, unable to hide a humored smile as I pointed to the car.
"A car," he intentionally pointed out the obvious. I laughed and rolled my eyes and his game.

"Fine, let's go," I stated in a defeated tone, deciding just to go along with it before walking with him to the car.
We drove for about 20 minutes before reaching the city. I watched as we passed the starts of the nightlife before seeing a huge crowd of people waiting outside of a medium sized venue. I looked up to the sign that stated the night's attraction to see what they were all waiting for, and was pleasantly surprised at what I read.

Performing tonight: Bruno Mars!
♠ ♠ ♠
I will hopefully update later this evening. Sorry about how non exciting these last couple of chapters have been. I'm trying to take this slow so it lasts longer. I'm bad at rushing into all the juicy stuff in my stories so then they end up so short because there's nothing left to write. So, that's why.
But, at least Bruno is in most of them! I love him. <3 haha.
And, I wanted to say to see how many of you agree..
Is his song Runaway Baby not the best thing since Elvis Presley?! I mean, it's freakin' amazing. I haven't heard anything quite like it in a long time (I mean that has been written by a new artist), and I listen to A LOT of music.

Anyway, comments please!!!! I love you guys, and I'm so sorry that I've been doing so poorly with updating and such. Thank you so much for being so patient, my loves.

You're all loved by,
-Kate