Status: Finished

This Is My Love

If You Ever Forget How Much You Really Mean To Me...

At Pete's request I watched the show from the front of the crowd, where he and the body guards could "keep an eye on me", though I felt guilty in being treated so much more special that all the others. The spot could have been for one of his fans. Someone who has never seen "Bruno Mars" up close before, not for me, who has the chance to be with him, play music with him, and be loved by him everyday. But, I didn't bother to argue. I knew it would do me no good.

So, I watched the show, and, it was amazing. My heart raced with love and excitement the entire time. I was so incredibly happy for him. It was everything we ever wanted, and though only one of us was in the position, there wasn't an ounce of jealousy in my body. To see all those people screaming for him and singing along to the songs that he wrote was enough to make me cry, which I silently did at one point. He just seemed so happy.
Every single song was amazing, and no doubt were written by Pete. So many of them brought back memories of our teenage life together in Hawaii, how we used to talk about what it'd be like if we made it. What songs we would write, what we would do on stage. It all came true for him, and I was so proud of him.

After one of his many amazing songs, he walked away from the microphone and placed his guitar down in it's stand as two large men wheeled a piano onto the stage. I watched as everyone in the band except for Eric, for he stayed behind his drums, left the stage and Pete sat down at the piano. He fixed the microphone in front of him and placed his hands on the ivory keys before speaking to the crowd as he began to play.

"This is a song that I wrote a couple years back, and is one of the many I have written about a very special girl in my life. Our story has been filled with love since day one, but, I thew it all away for seven long years. You see, we'd known each other since we were 12 years old, and were best friends while living in Hawaii," he started to tell our story, and my heart skipped a beat. Was he really going to do this? What was he going to say?
Regardless, I watched him as listened as he scanned the crowd, occasionally stopping on me and winking. I felt eyes on me from all angles every time as people in the crowd followed Pete's gaze onto me, but, I kept my attention on Pete as he continued.

"We were best friends, but I loved her as more. And even though I had a chance to be with her, I screwed up, and chose a material chance that moved me far away from our home. We fell out of touch, and I didn't see her for 7 years. I wrote this song during that time, and it's called Talking To The Moon."

He finished the story and began to sing the song that he played for me the night we were reunited. By the time he finished singing the first verse, tears were streaming down my face. It brought back memories of the time we spent apart, but most of all, it made me even happier with the present.
By the time the song was finished, some people were crying. But, everyone was cheering. Some of the people around me even came up to me, asking things such as if I "was her". I simply laughed and continued to cheer for Pete.

Pete got up from the piano before the same two men who brought it onto the stage, hauled it back off. He walked up to the microphone and grabbed it from the stand before making his way to the edge of the stage in front of me, kneeling down, and, with a smile, he extended his hand to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm?
What's he gonna do?
It could be what you think, or it couldn't be. Lots of comments will help you see!

You've all been so amazing, and I REALLY appreciate it!!!
You're loved by,
-Kate