Status: Finished

This Is My Love

I'll Be There

"Come on, baby," he cooed down to me through the microphone, his glorious smile shining brighter than the lights above us. I glanced down his hand for a moment, unintentionally pausing to wonder what he could be up to. I must have been stalling longer than I thought, because before I knew it, people had errupted into a chant.
"Go with him! Go with him!" they chanted, some of them wooing and hollering in between. I could almost blush. When my eyes returned up to Pete, he held the same encouraging smile on his face. I rolled my eyes with a smile of my own before taking his hand. A security guard walked over to help and before I knew it, I was lifted onto the stage.

Pete lead me behind a microphone beside his where I stood there, wondering what I was expected to do. I could feel eyes all over me, a feeling I usually cherished while on stage, but in this situation it only heightened my nervousness, and soon the security guard returned. He was holding two acoustic guitars with small, wireless microphones attatched to them. He offered one to me, which I took with a quizzical look, before handing the other to Pete and walking back off the stage.

Pete stepped over to me and pulled me close to him to put his lips to my ear before simply whispering;
"Count on me."

I knew right away what he meant. He wanted me to play our song with him. The song we wrote all those years ago, when our relationship wasn't even beginning to be anything more than best friends. Though, I now realize that we were always more than that.
We've always been soul mates.

He tilted his head to catch my eyes with his, and I turned to face him, an amused look on my face. "Why?" I asked, meaning that I wanted to know why he wanted me to do this. He simply smiled and replied;
"I want to show you off to the world."

He slung his guitar over his shoulder and returned to his microphone as I hesitantly did the same. "I want to introduce you guys to Ano, I mean, Marley Medley," he shouted to the crowd, deciding to use my chosen stage name to introduce me, since I would hopefully be known to my own fans as that one day in the future.

The crowd cheered and Pete began to speak into the microphone again. "This is a song we wrote many years ago about our friendship. It's called Count On Me," he stated before looking over to me and giving me a warm smile and a nod of the head. I rolled my eyes and took in a deep breath before nodding back, silently letting each other know we were ready. I took it upon myself to mouth to him a countdown from 3 to 1 and we began to share our song with the crowd of adoring fans that stood beneath us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so I am a little out of practice and have no spell check on this computer, so I may have accidentally spelled a lot of things wrong. I'm usually pretty good about spelling, even without using the spell check, but like I said, I'm out of practice.
anyway, I know you've all been waiting very patiently to find out what Bruno was going to do, and when I sat down to write this, i was half tempted to make it something exciting that was assumed so that you got what is owed to you, but it wouldn't have worked out in the long run. So, I apologize that it wasn't very exciting, but at least you got an update, right? Hahah.

I love you guys and thank you so much for being so understanding and patient with me. You're the best readers in the world. Hang in there with me. I'm going through a rough patch, so I don't find much time and motivation to write much anymore, but I will try my very best.

You're all loved by,
-Kate