Status: Finished

This Is My Love

Our Love

Within the next few months of being with Atlantic Records, my face began to be known, but it was hardly ever alone. I was always mentioned with Pete, and though my music was certainly getting listened to (My Album took very little time to record and debut, since all of the songs recorded were ones I had already written and perfected.), there was never a mention of me in a magazine where Pete wasn't mentioned as well. We became the sort of power couple of the music world. But I couldn't complain, either way, my dream had come true. I was respected as a musician, and had fans of my own.

Pete had also recorded the song he played for me the night we were reunited, and the night of the concert, simply titling it "Talking To the Moon". We also recorded "Count On Me", which went on my album and became very popular, always being shouted at me at my shows. But my hit song, "Singing As Always", was of course the most popular, and the one I am best known for. It was about Pete and I's life together in Hawaii. Our friendship that was strengthened by music, but ended by the promise of making a career out of it. People now seemed to enjoy decoding our songs and seeing if they could find the ones we might have written about the other. Our relationship became a sort of dancing monkey to them all. It was the downside of living in the limelight.
Universel greed.

Bruno and I tried to walk into the resturaunt in peace, but apparently one of the emloyees of the resturaunt saw Bruno's name under the reservations, and they excitedly opened their mouths. Photographers and fans surrounded us outside of the resturaunt. They were excited, which was flattering, but it was a bit much. The women screamed for Bruno, and the men whistled at me, shouting for just a moment of my attention, while the paparazzi tried to do their usual damage...
"Marley, over here!"
"Looking beautiful as always, Marley! Is it a special occasion?!"
"Yeah, Bruno! Are you proposing?!"

I rolled my eyes at the paparazzi's questions, but Bruno got angry when the last question was shouted out. I was turned from him, signing a young man's copy of my CD, and Bruno was across the small space between the two groups of people, who had been shuffled to stay off to the side of the carpet that lead into the doorway of the resturaunt (The employees owed us that much, at least), signing a young woman's cover jacket of his CD. After the question was yelled, I heard a few gasps among the small crowd, which was quickly forming into a larger one as more people who had heard the news began to show up in hopes of getting a chance to meet either one of us. I rolled my eyes, thinking it silly the questions they came up with, but suddenly I heard Bruno's roar.

"Jesus Christ!" he hollered. I quickly spun around from the young man who I was greeting and stared at Bruno. He was now facing my side of the sea of people, the CD jacket he was signing still in his hand, staring straight at the culpret. The Paparazzi's face held a bit of surprise, but also a small smirk. They sure loved when they got a reaction.
Bruno took a step closer to the man and huffed.

"Can't anything be private anymore?!" he asked in the same angered tone as before. They stared each other down for a moment, the paparazzi praying for Pete to make a move, or say something revealing. I'm sure he'd risk a broken arm for a bonus check anyday, that's just how these people were. But, before anything got out of hand, I quickly dropped the pen on the young man's open CD case.

"Peter!" I shouted almost hopelessly above the shocked silence of the people before striding over to Peter and quickly grabbing his hand, seemingly breaking him from his angry trance. He slowly looked over to me, his eyebrows furrowing in desperate frustration and slight humiliation, each breath he let out arriving at a quick and uneven pace. I gripped his hand tighter and stroked the smooth skin with my thumb, letting him know I was there. He finally sighed and glanced down to the blue carpet beneath us before returning his eyes back to mine.

"They just don't know when to shut up. They just don't know how to-"
"I know," I cut him off in a soft voice. "But, you get angry, and you give them exactly what they want. A reaction. Besides, they don't matter. But our love and it's growth, it's something we must protect from these thieves." I smiled at him, reaching my hand up to his face and cupping his warm cheek. "And we can't let them take it."
He let out an airy laugh and nodded his head. I smiled brightly.

"I love you, my sexy girl," he whispered through a smirk before placing his hand the crook of my neck and leaning in for a passionate kiss. I grabbed on tightly to the collar of his blazer and held him close, smiling into the kiss when cheers and laughter erupted around us from the people we had forgetten about.
I pulled away from the kiss and almost blushed. I cleared my throat as I fixed the messy low bun that sat pinned at the nape of my neck, below my black Jane hat.

"Let's go inside." I spoke through a quiet laugh as I glanced at the people to our left and right through the corners of my eyes. Bruno laughed as well as he nodded his head and grabbed my hand before placing a gentle peck on my lips and turning to lead me inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
(THE URL TO ANO'S OUTFIT IS IN THE QUOTE BY THE ONE PAPARAZZI! IT'S IN..."Looking beautiful as always, Marley!..." WHICH THEN CONTINUES INTO "Is it a special occasion?!"

Hope you enjoyed! I kind of a had some fun writing this chapter. I know thing sort of changed drastically, but it was my only way of jumping into the future with only the important details needed to be known. Otherwise, boring filler chapters would have gone on forever and more. =P