Status: Finished

This Is My Love

Cause For You I'll Try

The resuraunt had been cleared out of all people but the cooks in the kitchen and one waitress, who, obviously, quite fancied Bruno. She was giving him her best smiles and, even once, lightly touched him on the arm after he commented on what a good job she was doing. But, it didn't bother me, for Bruno's attention remained on me at all times except when he absolutely had to turn his attention to the waitress to give a request or order more food or drink. All the other tables were put in the back, except a few stratigically placed about the room with nothing but candles on it. Soft music filled the room at just the right volume so that we could hear it, but would not interfere with our conversing.

The whole things was incredibly romantic, and not at all what I was expecting when he told me he had "reservations" for us at a resturaunt, and to anyone else, even some of his closest friends, Pete would have seemed to be recovered from the incident outside of the resturaunt and back to his old self, but I knew him better than anyone else, and I could tell something was up. No matter how much he laughed, made me laugh, smiled or made me smile, there was something up with him. He seemed distant. Nervous even, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why. Finally, half way through our incredibly relaxing and romantice dinner, at a time when Bruno was staring off into space, I decided to bring it up. I reached over and placed my hand gently on his, bringing him out of whatever thoughts he was so deep in and gave him a soft smile when his eyes turned back to me.

"Peter, this is all so incredible, but it's obvious that something's on your mind. Could you please confide in me?" I spoke as softly as I could, trying and failing to not sound overly concerned. He let out a quiet, breathy laugh and turned his hand over beneath mine to intertwine our fingers.
"I'm just nervous, baby," he whispered. I furrowed my eyebrows, trying hard to think of what he could possibly be nervouse about. There was nothing big coming up that he should be nervous about, and even if there was something big coming up in the future, he rarely got nervous. It just wasn't him.
"I'm sorry, Pete, but why in the world would you be nervous? Is there something I should know?" I asked, still pondering what it could be. He simply laughed again and squeezed my hand.

"Yes, there is something you should know," he replied in a low, saultry voice before taking in a deep breath and beginning to stand. "You should know, Ano Aniani, that I love you more than life itself. You should know that my life would end without you in it." He released my hand and reached into the inside of his jacket pocket. I watched in shock as he removed a small, red velvet box from his jacket and held it tightly in his hand, and as much as I loved this man, and needed him in my life just as much if not more than he needed me, I silently prayed that it was just some ear rings. Or a necklace. Anything than what I feared it was, but my prayers were unanswered.
"And you should know that I want you in it always." He looked me dead in the eye as he held his hand with the box in it to his chest and took a deep breath before getting down in front of me on one knee and proceeded to take my hand in his once again. I tried not to let him see my fear, my rampent thoughts and unspoken questions as he proceeded to open the box, revealing a large but tasteful, beautiful diamond engagement ring. My eyes widened for a moment at the site of it and the thought of how much it must have cost him before turning my wide eyes back to him as he began to speak again.

"Ano Aniani, you are and will always be the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you more than life itself. More than my music, more than my fans... Hell, more than my own family. I think I've loved you since the first time we met. How could I not? You're beauty, you talent, you're kindness and compassion. You're sense of humor and passion for anything and everything you do and the way that you have always understood me like no one else in the world are qualities I'll never find in one single person ever again."

By now, my fearful face held a huge smile on it. I loved his words. I loved the way he was looking into my eyes with such love and hope. The way he gently squeezed my hand to emphesize some of the words he spoke. But, above all, I really, truely loved this man. And he was proposing marriage but, most of all, a chance to spend the rest of my life with him. I was slowly beginning to like the idea of marriage. And if it was anyone else but him, that wouldn't be the case. I always feared I'd never be ready for marriage. Never be ready to be someone's wife . But, the more I thought of it in this moment, the more I realized that Pete could be the one to erase my fears.
Once again, Pete broke me out of my thoughts with his quiet but confident, scared but hopeful voice.

"I know how you feel about marriage Ano, but, baby, I promise you that you will never have to fear anything again if you spend your life with me. I'll make sure you never have another worry again if you chose to spend your life with me. I promise you that you'll never feel unloved, because I'll always love you. Unwanted, because I'll always need you. Ano, I promise I'll always do everything in my power to make sure you're the happiest a woman can be if you choose to marry me. And all you have to do to make me the happiest man in the world is... Say yes." He spoke the last two words so quietly I could hardly hear him. I took my hand and wiped away a few of the tears that were falling down my face. I went over his words over and over again, causing a few moments of complete silence. Once I remembered that he was waiting on my answer, so much worry was etched into his features that I almost laughed, for little did he know, I finally knew my answer, and he had nothing to worry about.
♠ ♠ ♠
I FINALLY GOT TO UPDATE!!! After being computerless with nothing but an iPod touch, I finally borrowed a laptop and the first thing i did was get on here and update for all of my amazing readers who have been so patient and just plain amazing and never abandoned me.
FEEDBACK, FEEDBACK, FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!! Let me know what you thought of the chapter, what you liked or disliked, and what you thought of Bruno's proposal. I'd love and appreciate it, just like I love and appreciate all of you.
Thanks for hanging in there, guys, and I'll try to update again as soon as I can borrow the laptop again. You know how much comments make me want to update, so the more feedback I get, the more determined I'll be to get the laptop again and update again. (bwah-hah-hah-hah) <--- Hahahah, my evil scheme laugh. Hahah. I'm kiddding, it's not an evil scheme, just facts. =-P

Anyway, I love and missed writing for you guys so much!!! Please keep hanging in there with me like you have, because I don't know what I'd do without my readers!
You're loved by,
-Kate