Status: Finished

This Is My Love

Let The Choir Bells Sing

I had woken up to bright sunlight and a beautiful breeze on the day of my wedding, though the nightmare I had the night before Pete came to Hawaii had repeated every night since. It had my nerves on end every day that I woke up, and I didn't need any extra nerves, especially today. After having some coffee and a shower I stepped out of the bathroom to find Pete's Mom and four older sisters in my room ready to attack me with hair curlers, eyeliner pencils and make up brushes. After doing my makeup lightly and loosely curling my hair before pinning it up in the back with tendrils handing down at my temples it was time to slip into my wedding dress. It was a simple, sleek, floor length white dress with off the shoulder lace.
"Oh my god, Ano, you may be the prettiest little bride I've ever seen!" Pete's sister Jaime exclaimed, but Presley elbowed her and gave her a mocking glare.
"Except for you, of course," Jaime corrected herself with a roll of her eyes. I laughed.
"No hard feelings, you are hard to compete with. You were like a picture book bride," I smiled at Presley. She waved a hand at me and smiled.
"Oh, stop. You're gorgeous," she stated softly. Just then, there was a knock at the door.
"Come in!" I called before turning to check myself out in my full length mirror. I loved the simple elegance of the dress with the classic hairstyle and make up. It was worth the chance of tripping down the aisle for sure, which, with my luck, I probably would.
"Oh my! Ano, you look absolutely gorgeous!" I heard Mrs. Hernandez exclaim from the other side of the room.
"I'll say she does," a male's voice followed up. I turned around and smiled when I saw my Dad escorting Mrs. Hernandez into the room.
"Dad!" I smiled fondly at my father, looking smart in his classic 3 piece suit, before closing the distance between us in a hug. He squeezed me gently before leaning back to examine me a little closer.
"You look beautiful, honey dew. I only wish your mother was here to see you marry Pete. She had been saying you two were soul mates from the start. She was so upset when she learned you had stayed behind for her when Pete left," he spoke through a sad smile. I noticed a tear had fallen out of his eye, but he quickly and gruffly wiped it away before anyone else could notice and cleared his throat.
"Oh, Pops..." My throat burned with the need to cry. I knew how badly he missed mom, but I had never actually seen him cry over her since she passed. "I truly believe she is here. And I'm glad I stayed behind to take care of her. Besides, it all worked out for Pete and I in the end anyway, right?" I asked. He sighed happily and nodded his head.
"It certainly did. I love you, Ano. You look beautiful. I'll see you out there," he whispered before placing a gruff kiss on my forehead and walking out of the room before I could see him cry anymore. I stood and stared at the door for a moment before being torn from my thoughts by Mrs. Hernandez.
"You okay, sweetie?" She asked me as she gently rubbed my upper arm. I sniffled before breaking my eyes from the door and giving her a reassuring smile.
"Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm okay. I just miss my Mom is all."
"Oh, honey, she's here. Now don't cry, you'll ruin your make up!" She joked. I laughed and nodded my head before using the knuckle of my index finger to keep the tears back.
"Thanks, Mrs. H."
Pete's Mom waved a hand at me.
"Now now, you call me Mom now, remember?" She whispered through a loving smile. I returned the smile and gave a nod of my head.
"Right... Mom."
My soon to be Mother-in-law cupped my cheeks in her hands and examined me for a moment before softly sighing.
"I can't believe the day is finally here. It seems so long ago that you two were holed up in Pete's bedroom, writing music and making each other laugh. Boy, did he love you even then," she whispered fondly. I laughed quietly at the memory, but before I could respond there was a knock at the door.
"Ano?" I turned to the door to see Pete's sister Tiara standing there. "It's time."

I stood in the small white tent with Presley, Jaime, Tiara, Tahitti and Presley's youngest daughter Addie and fidgeted with my bouquet. Pete's sisters all looked beautiful in their knee length, pale rose bride's maids dresses, with their hair down in beachy waves and their white rose bouquets. Presley's daughter Addie looked adorable in her little flower girl dress as she sat on the floor playing with the assorted rose petals in her basket.
I peeked out of the tent and looked at the back of the heads of all of our family and friends as well as the backs of Pete, Eric, Phil, Joey (Pete's bassist) and Luke (Pete's trombone player). My heart jumped to my throat as I looked at the man I would soon be calling my husband fidget with the lapels of his white, three piece tuxedo as he got what looked to be serious but happy words from Eric and Phil, who were both married themselves. I ducked back into the tent and took in a big breath. I couldn't believe this was really here, the time had really come. Since I was twelve I had imagined a life spent with Pete, but I had never had the balls to believe it would really happen, for almost as soon as he confessed he loved me, he left for California and lost touch. Then when I did get him back, I was too much of a pessimist about love to believe it to last that long. But, here I was, standing in a white tent on the beach in a white dress with two bridesmaids, a flower girl and my future husband and I's closest friends and family seated a couple yards away.
"You ready, Miss. Bride?" Tahitti asked me as I stood biting my lip and thinking back on how I got here. How all my dreams had come true so easily. The only answer was Pete. This is all because of Pete. A happy relationship, a best selling album, tons of faithful fans, and all of it came so easy. Sure, my life wasn't exactly easy for those seven or so years that I worked my butt off to pay for my Mom's chemo and other hospital bills, but it was well worth it. Either way, I'm surely not the only one to do something like that. There were plenty of selfless people who's hopes didn't come true. Yet, all mine have been pulled from my most daring imaginations and made real. The more I thought it through, the more I thought I will probably pay for it later, for nothing good ever lasts.
"Ano?" Tahotti tried for my attention again.
I released my lip from my teeth and smiled.
"Of course I am," I answered Tahitti's earlier question, but apparently I didn't exactly sell it, because she gave me an odd look.
"Are you sure? Because there's no turning back after we step out of this tent."
"Tahitti!" Presley scolded her sister. Tahitti just shrugged her shoulders.
"I'm just being honest."
"No, she's right," I interjected. "But it's okay, because I wouldn't turn back for anything," I assured them, and I was telling the truth. No matter what the future held, no matter my fears of it, this was now, and I was going to marry that man of my dreams no matter what.

My Dad showed up in the tent just before the guitars and ukuleles started playing a soft melody, indicating it was time to start the ceremony. Presley ushered Addie out of the tent, and bless Addie's little heart she put on a big smile as she started down the white carpet behind all the guests and to the aisle. Everyone "ooed" and whispered about how cute she was as she threw the rose petals down on the make shift aisle. Presley followed her daughter out, then Jaime, Tiara and Tahitti after. I stood with my hand on my Dad's arm for a moment, taking a few big breaths.
"Are you okay, Ano?" My Dad whispered as he placed his left hand over mine as it rested on his forearm. I nodded my head.
"Just nervous... But happy," I replied through an honest smile. My Dad patted my hand and gave a nod of his head.
"Then lets get out there, huh? Your fiancé is waiting."
I peeked out of the tent to find Pete looking past his sisters as they walked down the aisle to search for me. He looked so handsome in his white tuxedo, but he looked just as nervous as me as he twiddled his thumbs while Eric gave him a reassuring pat on the back. I looked back at my Dad and smiled.
"I wouldn't want to keep him waiting. Let's do it."
We made our way out of the tent and the guitars and ukuleles began playing the traditional Hawaiian Wedding Song, since the wedding was a mix of traditional Hawaiian weddings because of my half Hawaiian heritage, and modern Christian weddings because of both Pete and I's, as well as our family's beliefs. All the guests stood and turned to face towards me just as I reached the beginning of the aisle, but I wasn't looking at them. The moment I could, my eyes locked with Pete's. His jaw was slightly ajar and his eyes were wide as he looked at me, and I smiled shyly under his stare. Both Eric and Phil gave him friendly pats on the back as they also watched me make my way to the alter. Pete and I kept our eyes on each other as I made my way up the rest of the aisle until I finally reached him.
"Ano... God, you look amazing," Pete whispered once my Dad and I reached him. I smiled happily.
"You don't look so bad yourself," I replied. Pete smiled at me then turned to my Dad and gave a nod of his head.
"Mr. Aniani," he greeted him.
"Peter," my Dad greeted back, then proceeded to take my hand from his arm before placing it in Pete's for the tradition of handing over the bride. "You call me Dad now." My Dad winked at Pete, earning a wide smile from him, before giving me a kiss on the cheek.
"I love you, Ano. You'll make a great wife... Just like your Mother," he spoke softly to me. I had to hold back tears at his words. I so wished my Mother was there.
"Thanks Dad. I love you too."
My Dad smiled fondly as he looked down at me, gave Pete one last glance and respectful nod of the head, before turning around to take his seat. I stepped up onto the alter next to Pete and took his other hand.
"You really do look amazing. I can't help but think I'm dreaming. This just can't be real. I don't deserve it," Pete whispered to me, saying my own earlier thoughts, before, shockingly, pulling me in for a kiss.
"Ahem, that part is at the end, Mr. Hernandez," the minister whispered in an amused tone, earning chuckles from the guests, as well as Phil, Eric, Adriana and Trace. I smiled against Pete's lips before pulling away.
"Yeah, Bruno, you go get yours," Phil joked from behind Pete and Eric. Pete gave me a mischievous smile, making me blush bright red in front of all of our family and friends, before looking over at the minister.
"Sorry. Proceed."

"Ano Aniani, for thirteen years it has only been you. You've been making me the happiest person alive since the day I met you, yet only in my wildest dreams did I think you could make me as happy as when you agreed to marry me. You were my best friend, my partner in crime, my biggest fan, greatest supporter, most honest, sometimes harshest critic," Pete emphasized the last two words through a smile and paused in his vows as everyone, including me, chuckled. Pete smiled and continued, "and my soul mate. Today you will bestow on me the greatest honor that any man could ask for... Your hand in marriage. In return, with this ring I vow to continue to give you all of my love, all of me, at all times. I vow to always put you first in all things, never turn my back on us, to always work at our marriage, to make our union the best it can be. I vow to kiss you every day, every chance I get, to keep writing love songs for you and to make sure everyone knows I'm yours." By this time tears were forming in my eyes and falling down my cheeks. It was not only the words he spoke to me, but the way he said them and the way he was looking at me as he did. I knew he meant these vows and took them seriously, even the light hearted ones, which made them all the more amazing. "As your husband, I vow to support you in all things, to keep you safe, to pick you up if you fall, yet try my hardest to make sure you never have to touch the ground. I vow to hold you if you cry, yet try my best to make sure nothing nothing ever hurts you... Especially me. I vow to never let you go. These vows come from my heart, and they will be kept there always, always to be remembered, and to be taken seriously, so I can be the best husband to you that I could possibly be... The husband that you deserve, for the rest of our lives." He then slipped the wedding ring onto my finger with my engagement ring. The ring was a simple gold band with a circle of small diamonds surrounding a little bit larger, white diamond. I gasped quietly at the sight of it as it caught the early afternoon sun. It was gorgeous. I couldn't imagine how much this ring had cost him, but it had to be a lot. I bit my lip to keep it from quivering as I looked back up at Pete. He was looking at me with a loving smile and a twinkle in his eye that mirrored the twinkle of the diamond in my ring and took the air right out of my lungs. His white teeth contrasted against his dark skin, his dimples formed on his cheeks. He was gorgeous.
"Ano, it's your turn," the minister whispered to me, breaking me from my trance. I cleared my throat and smiled sheepishly. Presley came up beside me and handed me Pete's wedding band, the object that would tell every girl out there that he was mine, before smiling happily at both of us and stepping back to her spot. I cleared my throat again and began my vows.
"Peter Hernandez, I you may be one of the greatest men out there, and I will be eternally grateful that God blessed me with your love. You have made my life complete, and because of you, I am a better, stronger woman. With this ring, I vow to give myself over to you body and soul. I vow to always trust you, love you, respect you, honor you and hold you above all others in my life. I vow to be the best wife I can be, to continue to support your dreams, your hopes, your aspirations. I vow to hold your hand as we navigate this life together, to continue to always be the first one to listen to your songs, and to always give you my honest opinion on your music... Even if it's harsh," I added in response to his vows and gave him a wink, causing everyone to chuckle quietly. "These vows come from my heart, and I vow to keep them there to uphold for as long as we both shall live."
I slipped the ring, a silver band engraved with the words "You Can Count On Me" in small letters onto his left ring finger. He looked down at it and turned his hand over as he read the small words that went around the band before looking back up at me with a bright smile. He looked delightfully surprised. He took my hand in his again and mouthed "I love you" as he gave it a gentle squeeze.
"Peter Gene Hernandez, do you take Ano as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish, in sickness and in health until death do you part?"
Pete looked me dead in the eye and very carefully, very seriously said the two simple, yet powerful words; "I do."
The minister then turned his body so he was slightly facing me.
"And Ano Aniani, do you take Peter as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish, in sickness and in health until death do you part?"
I smiled at Pete and gave both his hands a firm squeeze as I said the words back to him.
"Then by the power invested in me by the state of Hawaii, I now pronounce you husband and wife," the minister paused to turn to Pete and lean in a little before whispering, "now you can kiss your bride."
Pete smiled a large, toothy smile before yanking me into him, wrapping his arms around my torso and dipping me down before smashing his lips into mine. My heart fluttered wildly as I wrapped my arms around his neck for support and kissed him back. In that moment, time stopped. Everything went quiet, but I could faintly hear the cheering of everyone around us. We could have been like that for a life time, or a moment, I couldn't tell you, but it definitely was the greatest way to seal the end of Ano Aniani, and start the beginning of my life as Mrs. Peter Hernandez, the wife of the love of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
The wedding chapter! Comments would be great on this one especially! What did you think of the ceremony?