Status: Finished

This Is My Love

Not For A Moment

"Pete, if you tickle my belly one more time, you're wearing a hat," I warned, though my smile gave me away. I was standing in front of him as he sat up in his hospital bed, doing his hair while also constantly shying away from his belly tickles. He couldn't get enough of my belly, and it was the sweetest thing, except when you're trying to style his pompadour, then it's just distracting.
"I can't help it," he whined petulantly. I sighed and took the comb away from his hair to hold my arms out at my sides.
"Get it out of your system before I continue," I stated. He gave me a devilish smile before using his good arm to reach out and tickle me mercilessly. I giggled uncontrollably and tried my best not to push his hand away, but I couldn't take it. I fell sideways onto the bed next to him and tried my best to curl up into a ball and block his hand, but I had fallen onto his good arm and he was able to bring his hand from under me to pull me closer to curve his arm and continue to tickle me from behind.
"Ah, Bruno! I can't breathe!" I yelped. He gave a villain like laugh and continued to tickle me.
"Just... A little... More," he promised as he effortlessly resisted my pulling at his hand. Tears were falling from my eyes by now.
"Ugh! You're evil!" I yelled. He gasped and stopped tickling me.
"Well, I never!" He exclaimed playfully in a mock southern belle accent. I rolled over into his side and looked up to him with a smile. He smiled back down to me but then gave me a joking frown.
"Oh, don't cry," he cooed as he brought arm around the back of my neck and used his thumb to wipe at my tears. I giggled and he smiled again. "I love you, baby."
My smile grew larger as I stared up into his big, beautiful, brown eyes. I reached up and gently ran my fingertips down his face. "I love you too, Bruno," I whispered then sighed. "God, I thought I'd lost you." My smile had turned into a frown as the memories came forth to the forefront of my brain. Pete furrowed his eyebrows in concern.
"You didn't," he implored before running his thumb back down my cheek. "And I didn't lose you... Either of you."
I sighed and closed my eyes as I nodded my head and savored the feeling of his touch. He continued to stroke his thumb up and down my cheek until someone cleared their throat. Pete and I both looked at the doorway to see Dr. Lucas standing there, clipboard in hand and a kind smile on his face. I quickly scrambled off the bed and ran my hands down my shirt to smooth out the surface. Dr. Lucas walked into the room and stood on the other side of Pete's bed.
"Morning, Peter. How's the arm feeling today?" He asked him as he gestured to Pete's left arm, which was resting in a dark blue sling. Pete shrugged his good shoulder.
"It's alright. A little sore still."
The doctor nodded his head. "Alright, well, do you think it's feeling up to going home?" He asked through a teasing smile. Pete and I both looked at each other and laughed.
"Ah, I'd say it's more than feeling up to it."
After a week in the hospital, he was finally going home. I sighed happily as I thought of sleeping in our bed again, with Pete cradling me and his warm breaths tickling my neck. It sounded like Heaven.
"Great, well, let me just get some release forms and all that junk, and as soon as everything's straightened out, you'll be good to go."
Pete and I both thanked Doctor Lucas immensely before watching him take his leave. I sat down on the bed next to him and let him pull me into his arms. We both let out a breath of relief.
"Ah, god, I can't wait to get home," he whispered before placing a kiss on my shoulder. I hummed in agreement.
"Me either."
"I wish you would have went went home at least to sleep, baby," he scolded me. "You're resting for two now, and you need to be comfortable to rest well."
I pulled away from the hug and shook my head in disagreement.
"No, I wasn't going anywhere. I wasn't leaving you," I whispered. "Besides, I rested just fine in your... Arm." I pushed playfully at his good shoulder.
He frowned but nodded his head in understanding.
"I suppose I understand... I sure as hell wouldn't have left your side for a moment." He gave me a toothy smile. I gave a loving smile back. I knew he was telling the truth, he wouldn't have been pried from the room with a crow bar. That's just how he was. That's just how we were.
I sighed before running my fingers through the hair on the side of his head and smiling.
"We should probably finish your hair, huh?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry they've been so short, but at least they're updates right? Haha. This one was just a little bit of a filler anyway.
Comments would be very much appreciated!
You're all loved!