Status: Finished

This Is My Love

The World Better Prepare

Pete quickly turned around, and I glanced over his shoulder to look at owner of the interruption. It was, of course, John. His eyebrows were pulled together, and he was glancing back and forth between Peter and I.

"Am I missing something here?" he questioned us, causing Peter to stifle a laugh. "Bruno, why didn't you tell me you already knew Marley?" He asked, still not realizing that Marley Medley was only my stage name. I furrowed my eyebrows and spoke up.

"Why is he calling you Bruno?" I asked Pete, wondering why his partner was calling him by the nick name I had given him. The nick name that only I used.
He turned back around to face me.
"It's my stage name now. I decided to use it as a sort of," he paused for a moment and bit his lip before continuing, "a sort of tribute to you." He pulled the corners of his lips up into a small smile. I returned a shy smile of my own at this piece of information before taking in a shallow breath, suddenly remembering that John was still standing there, waiting for an explanation.

I rubbed my arm sheepishly as I looked back over to him, causing Pete to do the same.
"I'm sorry about all of this, John. Marley here," he put emphasis on my stage name and smirked over to me, "go back a long time. It's just that, before the meeting, I didn't know that she was the owner of the demo, since Marley Medley is a stage name that I knew nothing about. The rest of it is kind of personal," he explained to his partner.

John gave us both a questioning look before raising his palms in defense. "Alright, fine. But if we're going to be signing her to the label, we can't have anymore scenes like that," he stated, a small smile playing on his lips by the end of the sentence. My eyes widened.

"You mean, you want to sign me?" I asked them, sounding more surprised than I would have liked. John nodded his head, and Pete turned to face me.

"That is, if you still want to," he stated, a smirk still present on his lips. I had to restrain myself from jumping up and down like an excited child and tackling him to the ground. I instead quickly nodded my head.

"Are you kidding me? Of course!" I exclaimed before turning away from Pete and walking up to John. I extended my hand, and he took it. "Thank you so much," I gushed as I shook his hand. He simply nodded his head in return. Once the hand shake was over, I dropped my hand from his and sighed, feeling on top of the world.

Not only had I finally been signed to a big name label, but it was by none other than Pete himself. I had the love of my life back, and we were living out our dreams together.

"Well, I think you two have some catching up to do. Why don't you go celebrate, and we can meet in a couple of days to go over Marley's contract," he suggested, earning nods from the both of us, before he turned around and walked back into his office.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
One of my favorites. <3

Another boring one, but, it had some good news and explanations. Like I said, if any of you are confused about anything, just tell me what you're confused about, and I'll fix it.

You're all loved by,
-Kate!