Status: Finished

This Is My Love

You Know I'd Never Hurt You

I fixed my hair in the mirror before dropping my hands down to my sides and sighing. I never really liked getting dressed up, but apparently the club Peter was going to take me to was high profile, so I knew that I would have to dress the part. (URL to her outfit is in Author's Notes)

I walked into my small bedroom and glanced at the digital clock that sat beside my bed. I gasped when I saw that it read 9:45 PM, and scurried out into the living room to put on my shoes. Pete would be here any minute, and I had to make sure I was ready to go. I walked around the small house to gather up things such as my cell phone and keys before putting them into my purse. It was then that I heard soft knocking at the door.
My heart skipped a beat. I was extremely excited to see Pete, and go out to celebrate my new record deal.

I grabbed my purse and may my way over to the front door, before grabbing the door knob and swinging it open. There, standing in front of me, was Pete. He was dressed in dark wash jeans, and a tight, white t-shirt underneath of a pin striped blazer. A black fedora sat on top of his head, and a wide smile was gracing his gorgeous features. He examined me, his eyes wide.

"Damn, girl," he spoke under his breath, causing me to laugh. He quickly shot his eyes back up to mine and smiled sheepishly. "Did I just say that out loud?" he asked before laughing as well.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Mr. Hernandez," I stated through a smirk as I shut my front door and walked past him to his car. He quickly caught up to me, and opened the passenger side door before I could have the chance. I smiled to him in thanks and got in, holding the back of my dress down as I did so.

The ride was anything but silent. We sang along to songs that played from the mix CD that was in the player, and talked about old times, laughing at crazy, and sometimes embarrassing memories. I hadn't been paying much attention to where Pete was driving, and before I knew it, we had driven through the city, and began to head into the country.
I furrowed my eyebrows and pulled my eyes away from the window to fix them on Pete.

"I may be wrong, but I honestly doubt that this high profile club is out here," I spoke slowly, gesturing to the scene outside of the car. He laughed and glanced over to me.
"That's because we're not going to a club," he stated before returning his eyes to the road. I took another look out the window and watched the passing surroundings. It was all nature, full of trees in between fields, and small dirt paths leading from the main road. I looked back over to Pete.

"Wherever we're going, I'm probably not dressed appropriately," I laughed, glancing down at my white dress and flats before returning my eyes back to him. He looked over to me and smiled sweetly.

"Don't worry, it's perfect," he stated before returning his eyes back to the road. I smiled to myself and directed my gaze back out the window, letting myself get lost into the soft song that was playing on the stereo.

The last few minutes of the ride was quiet, and I watched as we pulled off into a grassy area before Pete put the car in park and pulled the keys out of the ignition. I began to examine our surroundings, but Pete placed his hand on mine, causing me to stop and look over to him.

"Close your eyes," he whispered through a small smile.
"Do I have a choice?" I asked, laughing slightly. He returned the laughter and quickly shook his head.
"Nope," he replied. "Now, close your eyes, and don't open them until I tell you," he demanded through a smile. I sighed playfully and closed my eyes.

I listened as his door opened and closed, and after a moment, the trunk did the same. After a minute, my own door opened, and I felt a hand wrap around my arm.
"Keep them closed," he spoke firmly as he helped me out of the car.

"Yeah, yeah, I am," I laughed as I cautiously stood from the car before hearing the door close beside me.
"This way," he stated, now behind me with his hands on my shoulders and gently leading me in the direction he wanted me to walk in. The ground beneath me was soft, and I was feeling like I could trip at any moment, so reached up before finding Pete's hand and latching on. He laughed at my nervousness and put his lips next to my ear.

"I won't let anything happen to you," he whispered. Shivers ran down my spine at his smooth voice and warm breath, and I smiled shyly to myself.

"Alright, right here," he stated as he stopped our walking, but didn't take his hands from my shoulders. "Open them," he whispered.

I slowly opened my eyes, and gasped at what I saw. We were standing at the edge of a large cliff, looking down on the city. The Hollywood Hills surrounded us in the form of a bed of tree tops. It looked as if we were on top of the world, higher than anything else. I studied the twinkling lights and city life and smiled.
It was the corniest, but sweetest thing anyone had done for me. I now knew why they used scenes like these in movies.

I turned around to face Pete. He was smiling genuinely at me, and his eyes twinkled like the lights below us. I wrapped my arms loosely around his neck and smiled.
"Bruno, this is amazing," I whispered through my never ending smile. He placed a hand on one of my hip and pushed the other into my hair as he stepped closer to me, making our bodies only centimeters apart.

"I still love you, Ano," he whispered as he studied my features and a sort of longing took over his own. I dropped my eyes down to the space between us and frowned.
"We've been apart for so long," I spoke softly as I moved my arms off of his shoulders, and placed my hands on his neck instead. I lifted my head back up and gazed at him. "I just don't know if it can ever be the same."

He was silent for a moment, a deep frown etched into his features as he moved his fingers against my scalp. He glanced down and returned his eyes back to me.
"Do you still love me?" he asked in an almost defeated whisper.

My heart sunk at the sound of lost hope in his voice as my eyes wandered about his features. After a moment, I let out a quiet, airy laugh.
"God, Pete. You know, you put me through so much hell without even knowing it," I whispered, looking him in the eyes. He stayed silent and an ashamed look came about his face. I bit my lip as I thought for a moment.

"I thought you had forgotten about me, and I tried to do the same. But, I couldn't bring myself to love another man because," I paused and moved one of my hands to his face, "I was too busy still being head over heels in love with you," I shook my head as I went over this information, and a small smile had appeared on my face by the end of the last sentence.

Pete quickly moved his hands to my face and brought his body closer to mine.
"Ano, I never meant to hurt you. Baby, you know I'd never hurt you," he whispered the last sentence as he pulled me into him and hugged me tightly. I wrapped my arms around his torso and nuzzled into his neck as he began to whisper over and over again;

"I'm so sorry."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
*Stares and sighs*
So gorgeous.<3 Haha.

http://www.polyvore.com/fancy/set?id=25698033
URL to Ano's outfit. =] (Someone please show me how to do links!!! haha)
Anyway, the whole taking her to look over Hollywood was corny, I know. But, it seemed like something he would do. =] I am having so much fun writing this story, and I hope you guys are having fun reading it! I just wish I got a little more feedback, though, the feedback I have been getting has been absolutely amazing!
But please, tell me what you think!

You're all loved by,
-Kate