Status: Active =D

Memories, Oh They Cut Like Knives

Entry 1.

His office is the biggest in the building, that’s to be expected by the boss. His walls are lined with bands past and present he has signed, a sign of his influence in the music scene. Just one good word about your band from Pete Wentz and the band is set for life.

All of this should make Pete feel on top of the world because he is certainly on top of the music scene, even after one band on indefinite hiatus and a failed band.

For a 38-year-old Pete none of this matters. For Pete all that matters right now is getting through the day with his sanity.

The phone rings and Pete opens his eyes slowly hoping the noise would go away. He answers in a low tired tone to his voice. It’s entirely evident Pete doesn’t want to talk to people today. The small framed man sighs, he knows who this is and what they want. Its just a matter of if he cares.

“What is this Pete? You make me wait now.”

“Well Ashlee I have a record label to run here I don’t have time for your shit right now.” Pete said fed up with her constant nagging.

“Just because we are getting a divorce Peter, it does not mean you need to be mean to me.” Ashlee said in that fake sad voice she does that makes Pete’s blood run cold after so many years of hearing it.

“Ashlee, you will just call your lawyer anyway.” With a fed up tone to Pete’s Voice he wiped his face with his hand.

“Oh about that, I have decided I would like all of your Fall Out Boy stuff in the divorce. Oh and Pete it wasn’t a question I will get them.” Ashlee said with a smirk on her face making Pete shudder in disgust.

“You malicious bitch.....” the dial tone rang out as Ashlee hung up the other end.
Pete slammed the phone down mumbling curse words under his breath wondering how his life got to this point.

+++

Ethan paced his bedroom, journal in one hand and a phone in the other. Ethan contemplated calling someone, anyone who would find this discovery interesting but no one came to mind. The morning light shone in through Ethan’s slightly open bedroom curtains.

This morning is the first time Ethan will see his new school, not that he will take much notice of it. His plans of being invisible are in full force; wearing black jeans, a red t-shirt and a hoodie will have him blend in.

Looking around his room at the piles of books needed to be organised for the new school year, his backpack that needed to be downstairs with all of his things in it. Ethan sighed thinking of all the things that needed to be done.

“Not right now” Ethan whispered to himself pushing the thoughts out of his head.
Instead, he sat on his freshly made bed and for the first time in two days since finding the diaries, opened it past the welcoming note. Ethan swallowed hard and began reading.

September 11th
I have been told I should start a diary, you know to help with the mood swings and these feelings I have. Personally I think the therapist is a quack and has no idea what he is talking about. But what have I got to loose with this diary thing.

So I started freshman year, I don’t know if this would interest anyone but I hate it there. The students are cruel and unforgiving and don’t even get me started on the teachers. My parents just think it an adjusting thing, oh boy are they wrong.

Just because I wear black jeans and a little eyeliner they all think I am some freak, maybe I am a freak or maybe I am the only normal one there and they have all been taken over by aliens. I doubt it though.

At least I have an escape when I get home, writing not that anything makes sense. Oh and soccer, I love the game I really do its just try outs are next week and I doubt that anyone on the team would want me there.

Who wants a guy on your team who wears black nail polish and has blonde dreads, they are probably scared of me. oh well I can’t say I am at school to make friends. Why would I want to be friends with anyone who goes there? I hate them all, for hating them does it make me just like them. Only time will tell.

I wonder what would happen if I fell off the earth tomorrow? Would they even notice? Probably not.

PW

Ethan’s jaw had tightened and his eyes grew wide while reading the first entry. He had no idea Pete Wentz hated so much. How could he, it’s not like he would advertise it. Ethan never realised he had so much in common with his idol. Hate is a strong emotion and to Ethan he knows it very well.

Ethan is shaken from his thoughts by a knocking at his bedroom door.

“Hey Eth’ are you ready? I’ll take you to school if you want?” Richard, Ethan’s Father called from the other side of his closed bedroom door.

Ethan looked around the room quickly hiding the diary under his bed like an adult magazine he doesn’t want his parent to find.

“Ahh, sure dad. I will be out in a minute.” Ethan slipped on his black converse, grabbed his back pack and ran out of his room.

Richard is waiting at the bottom of the stairs. Ethan takes the stairs two at a time for a reason he cant seem to find. He slings his bag over his shoulder and follows his father out to the car.

Just as Ethan is about to put his head phones on in order to drown out the sound of the world he father clears his throat waiting for Ethan to answer him.

Ethan looks up at his father. “Dad, did you want to say something?” Ethan asked as he stepped out of the front door.

“Well this could be interesting to you. You know that musician you like Patrick Walsh?” Richard asked Ethan with excitement in his voice as they both walked slowly towards the car.

“You mean Pete Wentz?” Ethan Asked knowing his parent always got his name wrong.

“Yeah that one. Well it turns out he went to the same high school you will be attending.” Richard said with ease and an almost teaching tone to his voice like a history teacher telling the children facts.

Ethan stopped dead in his tracks in order to gather his thoughts, like it wasn’t going to be hard already at a new school now he had the thought of Pete Wentz in his mind constantly.

Ethan got in the car without another word to his father, put in his headphones, turned his IPod to some song he wasn’t paying attention to and dreaded the rest of the day at his new school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading and please comment. Also my mum calls Pete that all the time =D