I'm Suppose to Hate You

Chapter 13.

He smiled at me. “I really do,” William said. I looked at him.

“I love you too,” I whispered. His smile got wider and he kissed me. Right there, in front of his kingdom, every last person. He kissed the girl who smells of hunter and looks like a Wentz. When he pulled away, he began to play with the hair in front of my face.

“Emily, let’s go for a walk,” William said, removing one arm from around my waist, but leaving one. He led me to the lobby, with the pale walls and the pink marble floors. There was something I didn’t really notice before. There was a window the stretched from the ceiling to the floor. William led me over to it. I could see the moon and every star in the sky it seemed.

“Emily, can I ask you a question?” William asked softly in my ear. I nodded and smiled. I turned to see William, down on one knee, a ring in his hand.

“Will you marry me?” he asked softly. I looked at his hopeful face. I nodded and said “Yes.” He smiled at me and slid the ring on my finger. It fit perfectly. He stood up and kissed me passionately. He pushed me against the window and I giggled into his mouth. This is a side of William I’ve never seen before, and I kinda like it. I guess this is what Caroline meant when she said “That’s basically like saying you’ll marry him.” He pulled away.

“Come on, let’s tell everyone the good news,” he smiled, taking my hand and pulling me into the ballroom. The following events were a blur of excitement and envy. The only thing left, was telling Pete. That’s when my smile started to fade. William saw and whispered in my ear “What’s wrong?” I looked at him.

“Pete,” I said. He shrugged.

“We’ll tell him. If he doesn’t like it, screw him. We’ll be happy together, and I far as I’m concerned, that’s all that matters,” he said. I smiled and hugged him tightly.

“You’re right,” I said. He smirked at me.

“Course I am,” he said, kissing my cheek. I laughed and held onto him tightly. I wanted all the girls to know William was mine.