I'm Suppose to Hate You

Chapter 2.

“Well, let me start by asking you a question. How did you become a vampire, Miss. Wentz?” William questioned. I had to think about it, it had been so long ago.

“Our family was in a car crash, about two months after Pete was bitten and Mom made him. Said I wouldn’t survive and she wanted him to have some family,” I reminisced. William nodded.

“You mother was absolutely right too,” William mentioned. For the second time that night, I gave spiteful laugh.

Peter doesn’t see it that way. I never see the outside anymore. All I’m good for is cooking, cleaning and bandaging wounds the four sustain. He treats me more like a maid than a sister,” I said. It was a horrible truth, but a truth nonetheless. William patted my leg, and left his hand there for a second.

“Well, Miss. Wentz, I can assure you that won’t happen here,” William said, smiling. “Now, I have another question. Did he bite you hard? Did he drink your blood?” he questioned, and I shook my head. “Now image he had,” he said. I shuddered. I could only imagine that pain.

“Not to be rude your highness,” I said. William laughed and shook his head.

“No. You’re my guest, not my worker. You can call me William,” he said. I nodded, and rephrased my question.

“Well, William. I don’t understand how these questions relate to my original question,” I said.

“What I told you to imagine, is what I made your brother go through,” he clarified. “Now, I have much to teach you, but now you must return home,” he said. William stood up and held his hand out. I took it tightly and closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes, William wasn’t there and I was back on the deserted street. A car, I knew it was Pete, was coming from behind me. I turned to face his broken old car.

“I thought I told you to go home,” Pete said from the driver’s seat. I nodded my head.

“Well, I was. But I never go outside, so I thought I would enjoy the moon,” I said. With that, I started to run and I got home long before Pete and the hunters did. I locked myself in my room. That’s when I realized there was something in my hand. I looked at the paper in my hand. Beautifully written were the words:

I will come for you at the place where we met tomorrow at the stroke of 8.

Someone knocked on my door. I stuffed it down my shirt, the one place my brother would never look. I opened the door and sat back down.

“Emily, can we talk?” Pete asked. I nodded and looked at the moon framed in my window. He walked in and sat on my bed.

“I want to apologize for keeping you locked up in here, and I understand that we can’t do that forever. How about next week, I’ll start teaching you,” Pete offered. He patted my leg. I nodded. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead. So begins the lies.