I'm Suppose to Hate You

Chapter 4.

When I woke up, I was beyond hyper. I slid out of bed without checking the time or the sun. I put on the same jeans I wore yesterday. Sure, that might sound gross to you, but when did society decide we had to change and wash our jeans after every individual use? I put on a black striped shirt and again, the red hoodie and my Chuck Taylors. That’s when I looked at the clock. 7:31 pm. I ran down the stairs. There’s my road block.

“Hey Emily! Where you running off to?” Pete asked, standing in front of the door. He looked at me in amusement.

“Outside!” I squeaked. He nodded.

“I’ll come with you,” Pete said, opening the door.

“No, really!” I said, starting to run. You see, I can run faster than a panther or a cheetah, whatever’s faster. When I stopped, William was standing there. I was huffing and puffing.

“You’re late,” William sighed. “But I forgive you,” he smirked. I looked at him.

“Pete...coming...now,” I said, holding my hand out. William grabbed it and soon, we were far, far away from the running Pete. I sat down on the steps, trying to breathe normally. William touched my back, and instantly, I could breathe again.

“How’d you do that?” I asked. He smiled.

“Something I’m going to teach you today, now inside, a lot to learn today,” William said. I followed the now familiar path to William’s study. As soon I we both got in, William was ready to teach.

“Today, we’re going to teach you to fly,” William said quickly. “Now lay on the floor,” he said. I nodded and laid on the floor.

“Why are we rushing?” I asked. He sighed.

“Pete’s noticed I haven’t been at the last couple of fights,” William explained. “Now think light, like a feather,” he whispered. I cleared my mind and thought of a feather. When I opened eyes, I was in the air. William was on the other side of the room.

“Now come over here,” William said calmly.

“How?” I asked, rolling over in the air. I smiled at him.

“It’s like swimming,” William mentioned. “But you look a bat,” he added. I flew toward to William. He nodded.

“Now change back,” he smirked. I growled at him, but somehow, I did. I almost fell on the ground, but William caught me. I smiled at him. He smiled back and put me down lightly.

“Last thing,” he said. Brendon walked in. William advanced on him, slashing his chest open. I let out an epp!

“Now, heal it. Just touch it,” William said, stepping back. I nodded and stepped toward Brendon. I traced his slash with my finger, and as I did, it disappeared.

“There, now go. Be back tomorrow,” William sighed.

“Can’t. Pete day,” I said quickly, walking towards the front door. William nodded, kissed my forehead, and opened the door. Soon, I was flying back to the street. I stopped in a tree, and morphed back into my regular form. I slid out of the tree and when my feet hit the ground with a thump, Pete turned around. I thought of my wall.

Where were you?” Pete shouted, anger written everywhere on his face. I smiled that little sister smile.

“In the tree silly! Now I’ll race you home!” I exclaimed. Pete opened his mouth, but I took off. I ran inside and up to my room, waiting for Pete, but I heard the car leave. Safe. At least for now.